Author Topic: Translate Viper RSR - PC98 Games Inside ;)  (Read 13709 times)

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
    • [R][H][G] - Retro Hentai Game
Translate Viper RSR - PC98 Games Inside ;)
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:29:23 am »
Hello i'm Sandro from Italy. I make you compliments for the site/forum and the truly much beautiful ones. Also I as you I am a fan of the games hentai.

I would like to now if there is a way to make a translate version of Viper RSR. Infact I have already make a trranslation of all the text in the dialog and with a program called RESHACK  I have also translated the Menu Windows of the files RSR.EXE and SGS.EXE.

i think that the txt are storaged in the file called SGS.EXE becouse in file SGS.DAT is only for Image and Sound right ?!

I have read in this tread that some one have made a litle sosftware that can Grab the text from the Viper Game, where i can download it (i can also pay for it). And than i want to know if there is a way to make a program that Insert the Text translated in the game, for make this program i can also pay the realization. I'm only one student therefore I cannot pay a lot XD.

Tnx and see you later
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:08:15 pm by Eternity6 »

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
Re: Translate Viper RSR
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:21:56 pm »
You've already translated pretty much the whole thing? Well, it's probably pretty engrishy from the sounds of it, but hey, that's as much as any of us could hope for.

Don't know how relevant this is, but some of us have translated a couple little chunks over here.

JG00 will probably hook you up with the software you need later.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:46:41 pm »
i think that the txt are storaged in the file called SGS.EXE becouse in file SGS.DAT is only for Image and Sound right ?!
Game text is most definately saved in the SGS.DAT files, too.  I am sure of this because some of the EXE files are interchangible with each other (one of the threads here tells how to use a V16 EXE to get around bugs in V12) and when the games are played that way, the text still comes out right.  I am almost certain the text is in the .WIN files inside the .DAT, but have already confirmed it is not saved as Shift-JIS, EUC-JP, or Unicode format, either compressed or as plain text.  SGS must run off of some proprietary text encoding that Sogna came up with.  (I think Hobibox ran into this same problem and had to modify the code to use ASCII text files in the international versions of V16 and M1.)
If I could locate a copy of a PC98 version of a game that was also released in Windows (such as a V series game, CTR, or F40) I could compare things side by side and maybe figure it out.

I have read in this tread that some one have made a litle sosftware that can Grab the text from the Viper Game, where i can download it (i can also pay for it). And than i want to know if there is a way to make a program that Insert the Text translated in the game, for make this program i can also pay the realization. I'm only one student therefore I cannot pay a lot XD.

You can find tools like Oh! Text Hooker to rip the text from individual screens but that's not helpful when trying to translate an entire game.  How the text is saved in the SGS.DAT file is needed information not only to get the Japanese out but put another language in.

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 06:08:20 am »
How the text is saved in the SGS.DAT file is needed information not only to get the Japanese out but put another language in.

I Know Oh! Text Hooker  and some time i use it ^_^ but as you have said I have need of a software that replaces the text in Japanese of the game with my new text in Italian or whichever other language.

You've already translated pretty much the whole thing? Well, it's probably pretty engrishy from the sounds of it, but hey, that's as much as any of us could hope for.

ehehehehe yes. in Italy I have worked for a called review GX (specialized in games hentai) and we have written a special one on Viper RSR in three volumes where beyond to the guide we have translate for our readers all converses of the game ;)

If I could locate a copy of a PC98 version of a game that was also released in Windows (such as a V series game, CTR, or F40) I could compare things side by side and maybe figure it out.

If you want you can download from my site http://pc98.altervista.org the Viper V8 Rs game http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=download&id=44 remember that i have all Viper Game for PC98 so if you want a title just said to me the title ;) ok ?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:59:43 am »
+1 rep for link to VIPER-V8 RS

I've found the RS versions on a few sites here and there but always requiring log-in and/or the link is broken.  BTR is is the only one that can be found without that much trouble, and I've had it for years.

If you can make the other RS versions available or PC98 versions of CTR and F40, I'll trade for the Windows VIPER game of your choice. (I have them all)

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 05:30:59 pm »
Not to worry ;) I will supply you all the titles of viper that I have for pc98 on this forum. I have only a question from makes you. You succeed to create a small program in order translate simultaneously converses of VIPER RSR with that I want? Even in a separate window as they make many programs for the simultaneous translation.

Like this:

GRAB text from VIPER RSR scene in $Variabile_Text
If ($Variabile_Text == Jap Text that we have save into the program) {
echo "TEXT THAT TRANSLATE THIS PARTICULAR SENTENCE SAVE INTO THE PROGRAM";
}

And in order to do this we can make a file TXT like this:

1) Jap text
1) translate text

2) Jap text
2) translate text

can you do something like this ?

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:33 pm »
Ok this is for begin ^_^

Viper BTR http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=fileinfo&id=149

Viper V16 Rise/Imagine http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=fileinfo&id=150

Viper V6 http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=fileinfo&id=151

Viper V6 Turbo http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=fileinfo&id=152

Please if you want to help me in the hosting of this game click on the sponsor banner of my site ^_^

P.s. I have 10 GB of band for mounth

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 04:10:49 am »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:29:53 pm by JG00 »

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 09:20:50 am »
Viper V8 http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=download&id=157

Viper GTS RS http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=download&id=158

Viper GTS http://pc98.altervista.org/files.php?func=download&id=159

Viper CTR is to big for my http server (35 MB) becouse I have only 10 GB of band for month and my user used them in 10-15 days so...

Problably i will make a torrent for this one ;) or a torrent whit all this game. Ahhh I 'don't have Viper F40 for PC98 I know only this title for this machine.

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
Re: Translate Viper RSR - PC98 Games Inside ;)
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 12:24:21 pm »
Just for a little on the [R][H][G] server:

Viper CTR http://pc98.altervista.org/admin/adminfiles.php?func=fileinfo&id=160

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:50:31 pm »
Thank you for your links, even if they will only last for a short time.  All VIPER fans here should appreciate this and give you some rep for these.  (Consider it an order from your board admin, you ingrates!)

These links are currently 404 though:
V6 (151)
V8 (157)
GTS RS (158)
GTS (159)

My offer of a VIPER game of your choice still stands.

Here is a link to a program I wrote to do most of what you asked for.  I've got it set up to screen scrape just about every Sogna ADV game I have and it can dump the Japanese text to a file as well.  It can also do Japanese->English translations on the fly (via Babelfish) but it doesn't log the English text.  I can make the VB6 source code available if you wish to tinker with it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:39:11 pm by JG00 »

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 11:23:40 pm »
What makes the RS versions RS anyway? Is it added scenes? Enhanced graphics? Something else?

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 04:32:35 am »
Broken link FIXED sorry i forgot to put http:// in the link XD

I've got it set up to screen scrape just about every Sogna ADV game I have and it can dump the Japanese text to a file as well.  It can also do Japanese->English translations on the fly (via Babelfish) but it doesn't log the English text.  I can make the VB6 source code available if you wish to tinker with it.

If you can supply the source to me I would be truly pleasing! It would not have to be difficult to implement the stiff one in English to replace. Thanks still!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:40:09 am by Eternity6 »

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 05:06:23 am »
Wow the program Works fine!! I have some problem only whit the annex86 game (btr) but wow is ok!!

Cashino

• 魔王
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Females beware: I have tentacles.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 05:51:30 pm »
Yeah, for some reason, the anex emulator has some weird tendencies of not load some games for...whatever reason (probably emulation bugs or glitches or something along those lines)

Eternity6

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Hentai Man
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 07:12:20 pm »
Yeah, for some reason, the anex emulator has some weird tendencies of not load some games for...whatever reason (probably emulation bugs or glitches or something along those lines)

For the Viper Games the problem is always the low RAM that Annex86 have in defoult setting. You Must go to the CONFIG of the emulator select SYSTEM and insert into Ext-RAM 2,048 or more :)

My problem is that the program of JG00 don't screen scrape the text from the emulator but i think is becouse for this tipe of game I must put the program into a virtual disk (like a HDI file). I don't know but with other game work great!! :)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 07:43:26 pm »
It screen scrapes from BTR for me.  Maybe its something funny in emulator color settings, or a different version or something.  You're free to play with the windows.xml file and customize the screen scrape settings for each game.

Here is the program with VB6 source.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:41:56 pm by JG00 »