Author Topic: If you could make 1 video game,what would it be?  (Read 20653 times)

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
If you could make 1 video game,what would it be?
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:12:15 pm »
My choice would be...

Bubblegum: Knight Sabers
Players: 4
Style: Side-scrolling beat 'em up

Player 1: Priss
Player 2: Nene
Player 3: Linna
Player 4: Sylia

Description: It would feature the Knight Sabers in their armor,and you could use their skills to attack many Boomers in each level,there would be punches,kicks,throws, etc.,but also special attack,such as Priss' Knuckle Bomb (Special punch attack) or Nene's Nueral Scrambler (Temporarily stun minor Boomers).

There'd also be bosses of course,such as Brian J.Mason in his powered armor,Sylvie in the DD Power Armor,Largo,the Quincy Boomer,Colonel Lando in his Illegal Army armor,etc...maybe have a racing level with the Knight Sabers on motoslave motorcycles as the try to outrace J.B.Gibson in his Griffon cybermonster car.

Put in some crates you could break to get health items (Maybe a beer,since Sylia and Priss enjoy that) or weapons upgrades,like a temporary railgun.

Anime scenes are a must...lol

If this was a home console game,i'd put in extras,such as unlocking the Knight Sabers in their normal clothes,or Leon and Daley from the AD Police,maybe even Vision,give them special attacks with various firearms.Or heck,get Mackie in his power suit from Episode 8- Scoop Chase.

Well,that's what kind of video game i would make...anyone else?

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!
Re: If you could make 1 video game,what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:39 pm »
Well, I may as well go extravagant as all hell with this.

Starmada: Space combat as you like it.

Type: Tactical 3D space combat.

The name itself comes from the Starmada tabletop game, which is one of the best and most flexible space combat games I've ever played. It's extremely well-balanced for a points-based wargame, which is why I've decided to use it as my template. (In fact, I've statted up all of the ships from my fiction in Starmada)

Essentially, the campaign would be as any standard wraship game, with one caveat. Instead of sset ships, you get allotted points to build ships however you damn well please to face off against the enemies. You want Honor Harrington-style Ships of the Wall? Go for it! You want Battlestar or Saratoga-style carrier-based fleets? Nothing's holding you back. You want to not use fighters altogether and cruise n' bruise Star Trek style? Your choice! Anime-style big-gun ships? Sure thing. It's all about the player having as much control over the capabilities of ther vessels as possible.
Oh, little ice cream friends, Thog delay his boredom-driven rampage only for you.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »
Choumahounen Sentai Mysticanger
Type: Final Fight-style beat-em-up.
Players: 1-4
Characters: Kiinan Wiriyamasu, Jonusu Morutani, Andy Wurland, Kentou Kirikama

Special Feature: Auranatory System - mana circulation increases with every Aura Crystal picked up. When the Aura Meter is full, hit the Mysticanger button to invoke great power for a short time.

Bosses:
Stage 1 - Raiyuru Business District: Tatsuya Mizuno
Stage 2 - Raiyuru Shopping Mall: Cassandra Mayfield
Stage 3 - Jonouchi's Martial Art Dojo: Rock Sutedii
Stage 4 - Battle Japan Club: Kazuma Tsuzuhara
Stage 5 - Dairyu Park: Hiroshi Tendou
Stage 6 - Raiyuru Slums: Ginji Takano (yes, I ripped him off from a hentai game)
Stage 7 - Route 666: Izii Raida
Stage 8 - S.S. Stretchy Skeleton: Monkey Bones
Stage 9 - Outside Shadouyaarou HQ: Shima Sawamura
Stage 10 - Shadouyaarou Base: Furoshi, Brittany Koizumi
Stage 11 - Final Battle: Shadow Seiji

Powerups:
Sukiyaki, Yakisoba, Okonomiyaki: health ups.
Aura Crystals: increase Aura Meter, amount of increase proportional to crystal size.
Life Prism: Increases life count by 1.
Shuriken, Kunai, Detnodart, Molotov, Hawk Axe, Mysticutter: throwing weapons.
Flak Jacket, Super Kevlar: Adds to your maximum health.

More details to come.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 11:57:38 pm »
More an idea than an actual whole game fleshed out, I'd make an RPG with interactive landscapes (i.e. casting a Fire spell in a forest becomes a not-so-bright idea)

YeldellGW

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:14 am »
A new V.G. fighter for the PC would be mine.

Modes of play:

1 on 1 - Standard 1 on 1 battles.  Defeat the opposing senshi to get their rape scenes.
Team Mode - An option in option mode would enable the player to change the type of team mode set-up.  Default would be KOF style 3 on 3 team elimination.  Group CGs will be unlocked due to character specific teams used to finish this mode.  There are default teams and of course, an option to edit teams.
Story Mode - Similar to the story mode from the Advanced V.G. series of games, except every character would have a different story specific to them.  The remaining character specific CGs will unlocked by utilizing this mode.
Extra Mode - View CGs, rape scenes or listen to music from the game.

Fighting engine would be a combination Advanced V.G.2 and V.G. Max.

Cast:

Yuka Takeuchi
Chiho Masuda
Manami Kusunoki
Jun Kubota
Kaori Yanase
Reimi Jyahana
Satomi Yajima
Ayako Yuuki
Elirin Goldsmith
Terumi Kannaduki
Yumiko Watanuki
Kotoe Kashima
Tamao Mitsurugi
Kyoko Kirishima
Saki Shinjou
Miranda Jyahana
Masako Houjouin
Hiyori Sakuragi
Keiko Hatano
Yuu Asuka
Sanari Misumi
Ayumi Okamoto
Diane Ryan
Kei Sagara
Yui Zhenzhu
Anna Fairgold
At least 3-6 new characters

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:48:53 am »
More an idea than an actual whole game fleshed out, I'd make an RPG with interactive landscapes (i.e. casting a Fire spell in a forest becomes a not-so-bright idea)

...I love you

*HUG*

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
I would have to make some sort of horrible amalgum of Robotech, Gundam, Star Trek and Star Wars combined with my own scifi twist video game.  Basically alot like Allegiance but with Mecha and planet control.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 10:44:47 pm »
I'm not sharing any of my ideas from my magical video game scrapbook!  DAMN YOU FOR TRYING TO STEAL MY INDUSTRY SECRETS!

This book will be worth a pretty penny when I finally break into the video game business and make loads of money on my successful ideas.
Yes.  That'll happen.  Any day now.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 11:04:32 pm »
Zetman.

Qwerty1

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 11:49:37 pm »
Awesome topic.

I'd make an old-school RPG that was a cross between the NES game Dragon Warrior 1 and Final Fantasy 1, and the SNES game Ogre Battle.

However, one very distinct difference would be that the game isn't about fighting monsters to raise levels and to get more gold to buy more weapons to get more powerful. There would be that aspect, but not to the degree that it is in the old-school (and current) RPGs.

Instead, it would be more of a trader game. "Buy low, sell high." You buy stuff in one town and sell it in the next. The difficulty comes in getting to the next town, as the world is plagued by monsters (of course) and highwaymen.

There while there would be a central plot, but the vast majority of the game would be "buy low, sell high," and any of the many, many side quests.

The central quest, if the player wants to undertake it, would be to liberate the game world from the evil tyrant queen that controls it (or become her "Darth Vader"). Since no one person can defeat an empire single-handedly, the player would have to recruit others. Some would require pay; others might join after the player gains notoriety by completing side quests.

You can either have them come with you as you adventure or send them on the same "buy low, sell high" tract. Eventually, you could have hundreds of "peons" going back and forth from town to town making you money.

Starting out, you could farm, fish, hunt, cut lumber, etc. or bounty hunt. Bounty hunting will be the most common. This could consist of looking for criminals in the next town, or killing monsters and bringing in their heads for a reward.

Towns, ruled by the empress' nobles, can also be conquered, if you have enough warriors. Conquer and tax for more money and draft the population to recruit more soldiers. Start out with the small villages and work your way up.

importgamer13

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 12:08:18 am »
However, one very distinct difference would be that the game isn't about fighting monsters to raise levels and to get more gold to buy more weapons to get more powerful. There would be that aspect, but not to the degree that it is in the old-school (and current) RPGs.
myself,it seems to me RPGs tend to feature this alot.

With Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2,the battles sometimes are used to advance the plot,or as a chance to earn Light/Dark Side force points.

Also,with PSO Plus,certain areas in each level are 'locked' and you have to kill the monster in this room to open the next few rooms.

There's probably other examples,but any way i look at it,i like RPG's alot.You had some great ideas though.I'd like to see a game like that!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 12:15:45 am »
I'd make a GOOD non-Capcom Marvel fighting game. 2D, 5 buttons.

Weak Punch, Weak Kick, Strong Punch, Strong Kick, Heroic

The buttons are fairly self explanatory, but the Heroic button may take some explaining. Heroic is a button that's like a taunt with benefits, similar to the "personal actions" of SF3. The character takes a heroic pose and gets a bonus for a short while. It could be anything from super armor, higher defense, better agility, resistance to stun, and so on. The cast I had going for it was:

Spider-Man, The Thing, The Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Cyclops, Magneto, Black Cat, Emma Frost, Dr. Doom, Johnny Storm, Captain America, Nick Fury, The Blob, Juggernaut, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. Stan Lee is a hidden character, and doesn't break the game. Each hero (except Stan) has 2 costumes: Classic and Ultimate. Classic is chosen with Punch buttons, Ultimate is chosen with Kick. The differences are purely cosmetic; for instance, Ultimate Nick Fury has no game play advantages over Classic Nick Fury.

I had tier lists all plotted, too, though building the game to suit the list exactly would be immensely difficult. Here's the list anyway:

S: Stan Lee, Spider-Man
A: Dr. Doom, Green Goblin, Emma Frost
B: Doctor Octopus, Nightcrawler, Captain America, Juggernaut
C: Nick Fury, Juggernaut, Cyclops, The Thing
D: Wolverine, Black Cat, Johnny Storm
E: The Blob

Other game mechanics include the Marvellous Meter, which is a standard super meter that fills when you attack or get attacked. Everybody has at least 2 supers. I tried to think of a way to use the super meter in other ways, but couldn't think of anything that wasn't a straight rip from Guilty Gear.

Matches open with "This is it, true believers!" and end with a cry of "Marvellous!" Intermediate rounds include such phrases as "The epic showdown continues!" and "Our heroes battle on for the fate of humanity!". Of course, all announcer lines will be voiced by Stan Lee.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 02:52:17 am »
I'd make the Ultimate Showdown.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 04:59:04 pm »
A true sequel to Star Control II.  Find the Mark II.  Discover the Melnorme's secrets.  Solve the riddle of the Androsynth disapperance.  Find a cure for the Arilou degeneration.  Locate the Spathi Black Fleet.  Reconstitute the Precursor and Mycon Deep Child species.  End the Ur-Quan Civil War.  Stop the Orz Incursion.  Have more sex with Talana.  Bring normal space, hyperspace, quasispace, and underspace into alignment and save the galaxy.  Again.

King Zarkon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Planet Doom Represent
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 06:05:56 pm »
the funny thing about this is i'm actually designing a video game right now.

importgamer13

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 06:52:28 pm »
the funny thing about this is i'm actually designing a video game right now.
that's pretty cool!

Myself i don't know anything about programming...the best way i could help with a video game was if i suggested ideas for characters and then drew them,so if i ever tried to make a video game,i might be a character designer...lol

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 12:08:26 am »
i have a friend who i believe is working in programming games.  he came up with an intriguing idea for an MMORPG game - you would raise a character just like in any other RPG, but if your character died, you'd have no idea what would happen afterwards.  your soul could be a normal human at one point, and if you died in battle or whatever, you might be reincarnated as a notorious monster, or even a measly insect.  so you'd have to figure out how to survive effectively in whatever body you obtain.  however, depending on how well you survived in your previous form before you died, you might have a better chance of obtaining a more efficient or powerful body.  even if you're a lowly insect, for example, you could join up with anyone else in the same incarnation as you and create a huge colony of plague-like proportions to take down the biggest of enemies.

along with that, he mentioned that items, weapons, armor, etc. could all be fairly common things that you'd see everyday.  for example, if you're a human, you could have a baseball bat for a weapon, a cardboard box for armor, and use a soda to recover your health!

i don't know if he ever went through with it, as it seemed like it'd be an EXTREMELY complex game, but i thought it was a very interesting idea with nearly endless possibilities.

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 05:35:16 am »
I don't even know where to start.... it'd probably be a side-scrolling RPG like MS, only with a dash button, more skill variety, walljumping, fully destructable environments, Player vs. Player modes, and much less of a level grind.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 09:06:00 pm »
A true sequel to Star Control II.  Find the Mark II.  Discover the Melnorme's secrets.  Solve the riddle of the Androsynth disapperance.  Find a cure for the Arilou degeneration.  Locate the Spathi Black Fleet.  Reconstitute the Precursor and Mycon Deep Child species.  End the Ur-Quan Civil War.  Stop the Orz Incursion.  Have more sex with Talana.  Bring normal space, hyperspace, quasispace, and underspace into alignment and save the galaxy.  Again.

Hey I liked Star Control III I know it was different but still ;-;

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 11:48:44 pm »
Wait a sec... does it still count if I've already made a Pac-Man clone?