Author Topic: Viper text dumps?  (Read 6566 times)

Someguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
Viper text dumps?
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:14:15 pm »
I've been studying Japanese at my college for a year so far (I still go so much more to do) but during the free time, I usually try a hand at translating random pages from comics or websites, just so I can get a better understanding of the grammar and such. 

Well, I figured why not try it with some viper games (BTR in particular) I screenshot some pictures and go about it that way, but it takes to much time and I can't mark them.  So why not try to get them in a text file, so anyone have some text dumps they are willing to share?  My translating sucks and takes forever, but its mostly a personal thing.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Viper text dumps?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:18:38 pm »
You might try the Text Extractor program in this thread.  I had meant to make this available some time ago and just never got around to it.  Few people have ever come forward wanting to help extract the text and those that did I usually gave the link to them via private message.

Please post links to your raw text and/or translation files here for everyone else's benefit.

Someguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:26:57 pm »
You might try the Text Extractor program in this thread.  I had meant to make this available some time ago and just never got around to it.  Few people have ever come forward wanting to help extract the text and those that did I usually gave the link to them via private message.

Please post links to your raw text and/or translation files here for everyone else's benefit.

Sure, I can try.  I can tell you, its going to be hideous, my translations that is.  Let me give you an idea of how far my japanese class has progressed, next semester we are finally starting kanji (the focus has been grammar, hirigana, katakana) Liberal use of Denshi Jisho http://jisho.org/ (Best damn japanese online dictionary I have ever used)  and alta vista is my way of going about it. 

Though through trying this method, I have been learning kanji that we haven't learned yet.  Thanks for the link.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 01:52:31 pm »
The benefit of posting logs is that multiple people can translate the same text and come to a consensus.

My app actually uses Atlavista's Babelfish as its translator, so you should be familiar with what it does well and what it does poorly.

Someguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »
The benefit of posting logs is that multiple people can translate the same text and come to a consensus.

My app actually uses Atlavista's Babelfish as its translator, so you should be familiar with what it does well and what it does poorly.

Ah, good stuff.  Sounds like a fun summer project, I will get to work on it as soon as I'm done with my exams.

Probably try out V-12 (Chomi's story) first since its fairly short and simple. 

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 03:43:23 am »
If you do it.. i can help out with the translations