Author Topic: Xenosaga Drivivg me crazy  (Read 6106 times)

KEdakumi

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Your Logic is dizzying...
Xenosaga Drivivg me crazy
« on: November 12, 2006, 07:12:50 pm »
I keep putting the dumb game up because I can't make it past the boss battle at the church....  You know, the one where they're all hallucinating at first.

I read a walk through and realized I didn't study that much in school, so I wasn't going to for a *^&*()*& video game.

Anyone know how I can beat it?
"Must resist stupidity impulse....." *Cosmo*

R-9

• Orky
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!
Re: Xenosaga Drivivg me crazy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 07:24:57 pm »
This is the point where I actually gave up the game and traded it in, sorry.
Oh, little ice cream friends, Thog delay his boredom-driven rampage only for you.

KEdakumi

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 07:28:46 pm »
I've given that some serious consideration.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:28:03 pm »
Ah, that battle was a PAIN. It's been a long time since I've been through it. But when I remember how to do it, I'll tell you. Don't just quit and sell the game off though =P Xenosaga is great

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 12:27:36 am »
I've always wanted to play the Xenosaga games, I've heard they're pretty awesome.  My friend said that the battles were really easy to him, though...  =/

KEdakumi

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:31:08 am »
Ah, that battle was a PAIN. It's been a long time since I've been through it. But when I remember how to do it, I'll tell you. Don't just quit and sell the game off though =P Xenosaga is great
I would appreciate that... like I said, the walkthroughs I've found weren't much help and I have enjoyed the game up til this far.

Tet, your friend was right... atleast about the regular battles... but the programmer that made this one was hateful. 

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 11:16:06 am »
I was going to finish playing Xenosaga 1 so I could see more of Kosmos, but then found doujinshi of her and haven't played the game since. :\

KEdakumi

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 02:27:29 pm »
I was going to finish playing Xenosaga 1 so I could see more of Kosmos, but then found doujinshi of her and haven't played the game since. :\
because you know the only reason to play is to see her  :P

CharliesX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • How in the hell they are twins thats why!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 01:16:59 am »
If you talking about episode 1 (there was a church fight in #3) then I can feel your pain.... and give you help.

The 'trick' is in the battle order. The boss will do a certain attack depending on weither Shion or Jr. attacks him RIGHT before his turn, and for the first part the "Shion attack" is the worst.

First, make sure Shion knows "BOOST 1" ether. Then attack with attacks but make sure you boost Jr. in if Shion attacks right before Tiamat. Tiamat won't retailiate if Shion attacks with a finishing blow, important later on.

Tiamat has varaying weaknesses depending on what side is facing the party. When theb"tail-arm" is facing the party, piercing attacks ("Preleude to Battle" and "Shock Blade") are effective. Anything else is weak to Beam attacks ("Moonlit Serenade" and "Spell Ray").

WHEN Tiamat is almost dead, have Shion deal the finishing blow (can NOT do it from a A.G.W.S.). You can use Jr. but finishing with Shion elimates the massive damage attack that follows Shion.

Repeat with round 2 but have Jr. (or Shion if you finished with Jr) Once Jr finishes off round 2, Tiamat will heal AGAIN and this time he must be finished with the last person in your party.

Hope all this helps. I also hope this IS what you were refering to, otherwise....

Anyways, I LOVED the Xenosaga series and played and beat all 3 games, even though Episode 2 is the worst one (for several legitmate reasons, as well as my personal ones) and broke my heart, which was Episode 3;s job to mend.

KEdakumi

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 09:23:09 am »
Thank you!  That explanation was so much simpler then the various walkthroughs I read.  I'll give it a try.  I refuse to move on to 2 and 3 until I beat this.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

CharliesX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • How in the hell they are twins thats why!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 07:44:33 pm »
The walkthroughs were probably a good bit more specific, while I just covered the bases.

Good Luck!