Author Topic: Guilty Gear XX  (Read 16853 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Guilty Gear XX
« on: February 19, 2005, 11:41:57 pm »
Because it just HAD to happen eventually. Hyperguy and I are both GGXX nuts, but I wonder how many others are too? I'm looking forward to the restoration of Jam's images in the galaxy, and hope some GGXX girls make appearances in the characters section.  

I'm a Potemkin player myself. Ky's my second, though lately I've been thinking of replacing him with somebody else and making him my third. Choosing the character is tough though. I can't seem to choose. So far I've got Slayer and I-no as candidates, though I had a wild thought the other day about maybe trying Venom or Millia out.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Cole Tyger

• The Dark Lord of Overkill
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Master of the K-girl Fanfic
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 10:19:40 am »
not really a fan of the series, but i found this a while back and thought i'd share

enjoy

http://img106.exs.cx/img106/9029/11039666232900hx.gif
Guilty Gear XX

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 01:39:48 am »
Oh wow! O_O nice battle scene.
"Why are there two huge boob-like things on Kobayashi's head?" - Poemy ~ Puni Puni Poemy
"Coolie!" - Su ~ Love Hina
Just callz me:
~Prezident Bakunyuu-Baka-Sensei-Chan~

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:41:52 am »
That gif's from the Guilty Gear X promo video.

When I play Guilty Gear I mostly use Johnny, Jam, or Bridget.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 01:20:00 am »
That reminds me.  I've gotta work on the gallery more.  A Guilty Gear section would be cool, provided I could find some decent, high quality pictures for it.

Cole Tyger

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 08:51:05 am »
well here is a bunch of sprites (some are animated)

http://ggxlol.highervoltage.net/

and here is a bunch of pics to get you started (sorry if it's a little heavy on dizzy)

http://rapidshare.de/files/740108/Guilty_gear.rar.html

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 09:19:10 pm »
Thanks for the links Cole Tyger.

Hey Hyperguy'sRoommate, what are some of Ky Kiske's basic combos?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 10:52:46 am »
You're just trying to lure me into posting, aren't you!? Well, it worked.

First of all, everyone knows the notation, right? P=Punch, K=Kick, S=Slash, H=Heavy Slash, D=Dust. The d-pad/joystick goes:

The first one that combo that comes to mind is an air combo: j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H. You can meet someone in the air with it, or use 6P-S to start it up. 214K and 623S will do it if the land as a counter hit. basic ground combos requiring no Tension are 6K-S-H and 6P-S-S-236K. With 50% Tension, either of those combos can trade the last hits after S to go low with 2D-236236P for more damage, and extend further by running up with 6P-S into his basic air combo.

There's a loop with his Vapor Thrust in the corner that's not too hard to do. Start with a close S, then go 2H-623H and repeat two or three times. There's another loop with 6K-S, but the timing on it's very tight. More or less you repeat 6K-S indefinitely. It's a great pressure string, but its hard to do.

Combo Recap:
0% Tension
j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H
6P-S-j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H
623S(Counter Hit)-j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H
214K(Counter Hit)-j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H
6K-S-H
6P-S-S-236K
(corner) Close S-2H-623H x2-3
50% Tension
6K-S-2D-2236236P-(dash)-6P-S-j.K-j.S (Jump Cancel)-dj.S-dj.H-623H

That's all you get for now. I'll come back later and put more.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 04:53:04 pm »
Hey, I'm a gamer who buys games but doesn't have the console. I borrow other peoples' consoles, lol.

I played GGXX and had GGX PC, and was looking for ##RELOAD for some time. Same for Isuka. I've heard bad things about Isuka, do any of you have anything to add?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 08:06:40 pm »
Isuka's not a bad game. It has #Reload's balance, so its just as good as that. What makes all the difference is how well you can adjust to the new button commands. Most people whine and moan about there being a Turn button, which is actually one of the most useful features about Isuka. Most are probably griping because Turn went to R1 where Dust used to be, and they can't adjust or something...anyhow, if you're quick to get used to things, you'll do fine.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 01:27:51 pm »
I haven't even gotten to play any of the Guilty Gear games, though I do have the OSTs for XX and Isuka...

I've been told that I really out to try them out. Too bad I am dead ass broke at the moment.

Cole Tyger

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 08:46:15 pm »
aeris dies has recently added a guilty gear gallery. you will have to sign up to see them but they may have something that wasn't in the pack i posted

here's the link

http://www.aerisdies.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=12

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 03:41:29 pm »
I'm tired of my final computer science project and I miss Guilty Gear, so you guys get to learn about how to play as Potemkin.

First things first: BE PATIENT. Potemkin's too slow for a jumpy, hyper player to use well. You'll do some waiting to get your damage in, but once you start your damage, it will count, I promise.

Know how to put your opponent into the air. His 2H will do it (Its slow, so be sure to combo into it), as will F.D.B (63214S) on counterhit. Or of course you could let them jump at you, and counter them with the appropriate anti-air move (6P or 6K are two of my favorites). The goal is to use Heat Knuckle--Heat Extend (623H-63214H) on your opponent, as Potemkin's air game is horrible; he's got no air specials to really make good combos with. Heat Knuckle/Extend gain Potemkin plenty of Tension. The tension you gain is useful for supers and for FRCing Hammerfall.

Use Hammerfall to advance at an opponent trying to run away. It'll take one hit and keep going, so use it to your advantage against Mist-Finering Johnnies and the like. Remember that you can cancel it with Punch; this is a good idea if you want to simply cover a lot of distance quickly, such as when an opponent is dizzy, or if you want to advance against an opponent who's performing a multiple-hit move that you don't want to get hit by (I'm looking at you, Lust Shaker!). When you hit with a Hammerfall, it will knock your opponent down. You can use the knockdown to your advantage and bait out wake up moves for damage opportunities, i.e. block a VV and catch Sol's fiery ass with Heat Knuckle or Heavenly Potemkin Buster, for example. With Tension you can FRC or RC the Hammerfall to continue with a short combo into Heat Knuckle or Heavenly Potemkin Buster.

Hammerfall Combo examples:
Hammerfall(FRC)-S-S-Heat Knuckle/Extend
Hammerfall(FRC)-S-2H-Heavenly Potemkin Buster

Potemkin's Supers aren't bad stuff either. Giganter (632146H) is a useful little trick that will stagger a grounded opponent or float an airborne opponent very, very slowly. This on it's own is useful; you can Mega Fist in and Potemkin Buster a staggered opponent, or juggle an airborne one with a basic Gatling and end with Heat Knuckle--Extend. The Giganter Bullet follow-up (4123641236P) is most useful at mid-screen distance. It will wall-bounce an opponent off the corner for a juggle. Any further from the wall and the opponent won't bounce off it; any closer and they'll bounce too low or behind you, which won't give you the juggle. I believe it's possible to Potemkin Buster an opponent who blocks Giganter Bullet; I've done it a few times, but it seems inconsistent. I'm still checking on this myself, so attempt the Buster at your own peril. Heavenly Potemkin Buster (236236S)is best used after an opponent has been launched by one of your moves rather than as anti-air because you CAN be hit out of it.

The normal Potemkin Buster (632146P) is Potemkin's most-feared non-tension move. You should be seeking opportunities for this just as much as you should be seeking a chance to Heat Knuckle. Luckily the Potemkin Buster is more flexible on its usage. You can tick into it using Mega Fist (236P or 214P), which is a simple trick. Whether the opponent takes the Mega Fist or blocks it, you have a clear chance to use Potemkin Buster. When on the defense, use Instant Blocking to your advantage! Instant Blocked moves give less block stun, allowing you to recover faster and Potemkin Buster in places you couldn't normally. I want to say you could FRC a blocked Hammerfall into a Potemkin Buster, but I've not had the chance to try it yet. icon_sad.gif Oh well. In the corner you can Potemkin Buster and do a small combo after (the most I've ever managed is P-S-H) into Heat Knuckle or Heavenly Potemkin Buster if you've got Tension you want to spend.

Sliding Head (236S) is useful to knock over pokey opponents like Axl, Zappa with ghosts, Kys hiding behind projectiles, and so on in order to get close with Hammerfall. It has some upper-body invincibility somewhere, so you can use it to go through high moves, but I'm not sure where the invincible frames are. I've seen it done in videos, but have yet to do it myself. I NEVER use it at close range, because if it's blocked the opponent can more or less do what they like while Potemkin recovers.

To wrap it up, I've not found many good options for Potemkin on wake-up. Sometimes I can Potemkin Buster someone who's not expecting it, or if I've got Tension a wake-up Giganter sometimes helps, but I usually just wake up blocking low and look for a chance to Instant Block or retaliate with a Hammerfall FRC combo.  

I don't know that anyone will really care to read it, but it feels good to post it.

Cole Tyger

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 12:50:24 pm »
i just found this on one of the chans and thought you folks would get a kick out of it

http://img79.echo.cx/my.php?image=11146933029720pa.gif
Guilty Gear XX

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 05:30:05 pm »
Quote from: Cole Tyger
i just found this on one of the chans and thought you folks would get a kick out of it

http://img79.echo.cx/my.php?image=11146933029720pa.gif
Guilty Gear XX

Absolutely gorgeous! You win your umpteenth internet.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 02:04:06 am »
Johnny

Special Moves

Mist Finer
High :qcf :+ :s
Middle :qcf :+ :k
Low :qcf :+ :p

Notes: Coins that hit your enemy will power up the mist finer. It can be powered up twice, once for level 2, and then again to level 3.  Using the mist finer will bring it's level back to level 1, regardless of whether it hits.

Also: If you hold the button you used to perform the mist finer Johnny will hold his stance and perform the mist finer only after you let go of the button.  If you press :hs while holding the button down, Johnny will exit the stance.

Bacchus Sigh
:qcb :+ :p

Notes: Creates a mist that will envelope the enemy.  When the enemy's covered with mist all mist finer attacks become unblockable.

Divine Blade
:dp :+ :s, :s
or
:a :qcf :+ :s

Glitter is Gold (aka the Coin Toss)
:qcf :+ :p

Note: Almost all ground based moves can be cancelled out by tossing a coin.

Ensenga
 :hcf :+ :hs

Overdrive

That's who I am
:hcb :f :+ :hs

Instant Kill

Joker Trick
:qcf :qcf :+ :p

Akuma

• Casual VIPER Fan
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 10:21:28 pm »
"..........................."
"Messatsu Gou Hadou!"

Cole Tyger

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 11:37:39 am »
if you liked the last one, you'll love this one

http://www.drunkduck.com/Kagematsuri/index.php

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 12:59:31 pm »
13 is still my favorite.

SUNVABITCH, DIE!! GURLFRIEND!!!

Shinegami

• VIPER Initiate
Guilty Gear XX
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 04:02:47 am »
Hi. I'm new to this joint and figured this is a good place to post my first post. Yeah.

Anyways, I don't know if any of ya'll heard but it seems that Capcom and Sammy are in talks about doing a Guilty Gear v.s. Street Fighter type of game. Which if they keep it a fighting game might turn out ok. Which is what they should have done with the Namco X Capcom game that just came out.

Oh and I love Jam. She's the best!