Author Topic: All I want for Christmas  (Read 16955 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
All I want for Christmas
« on: December 15, 2005, 08:51:47 pm »
Right, so my mom called me twice today for suggestions on Christmas gifts for my family. I asked for Soul Calibur 3. I'll also probably be getting something Marvel-related and some Legos. Maybe I'll even get the Fantastic Four DVD and the unrated Dukes of Hazzard DVD.

What do the rest of you want or expect to receive for Christmas/Hannukah/etc.?

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
Re: All I want for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 09:13:45 pm »
I asked for Dragon Quest VIII, DVDs, and some books and of course gift cards.

I should be getting those.
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:03:40 pm »
I asked everyone for money, so I can put it into the fund for my new guitar.

But my father of course wants to buy something material, so I asked for the new Dance Dance Revolution on PS2, and a couple DVDs.

I grew out of Christmas a long time ago, I really can't stand the holidays and such.

Mediocrity

• Idea Factory Fan - PLEASE IGNORE
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • the neverending sunlight is so blinding it's cruel
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 10:52:28 pm »
*copy-pastes from a Christmas thread on another forum*

Doom metal CDs. I don't care who, as long as it's not a live or compilation album. I hate those. Compilation albums are for people who you think may like the band, so you buy them a collection of singles because that's all anyone ever listens too because AOR is so fucking dead there's nothing left of the corpse.

That said, I'd also like Final Fantasy 4 Advance, Magna Carta, Wild Arms: Alter Code F (Wild Arms was my first PSX RPG and it holds a special place of nostalgia in my heart, so of course I was all aquiver about the remake), the Bleach and Samurai Champloo mangas, a book called "A Rough History of Heavy Metal", and the Shadow Hearts 2 soundtrack. Especially the Shadow Hearts 2 soundtrack. I'm normally not one to go batshit over a game's music (especially with how intensely pissed-off Dragon Quest 8's music made me), but SH2 had some of the best music I'd heard in ages.
"My son is sixteen, my wife is dead, and you're an asshole." - Jessie to Citan, Xenogears: A Rope of Robots, Part 19

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 11:05:08 pm »
Doom Metal huh? You ever hear of Katatonia? I got a friend into that stuff and he seems to like them quite a bit, Personally I can't stand stuff that's really depressing. Not anymore anyway.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 12:02:14 am »
I asked for Dragon Quest VIII, DVDs, and some books and of course gift cards.

I should be getting those.
My little brother might be getting me Dragon Quest VIII. He called and basically went "Hey, if I get you this, will you play it?" I got him 2 graphic novels of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 03:19:10 am »
Damn,

I'm getting socks, maybe a new tie.

happy holi... ahhh fuck it.

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 09:41:48 am »
My little brother might be getting me Dragon Quest VIII. He called and basically went "Hey, if I get you this, will you play it?" I got him 2 graphic novels of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Nice heheh
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 10:51:28 am »
Haha! My Uncle just came and asked me...

"Hey umm what's that doctor show you like where the guy acts like you and has the cane and all that? Cuz I was gonna buy you that on DVD"

Score, House Season 1.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 11:32:06 am »
A lump of coal.  It's been many a white Christmas morning w/o any gifts bearing my name.

Mostly because I make everyday Christmas w/ my spending habits...

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 11:38:18 am »
A lump of coal.  It's been many a white Christmas morning w/o any gifts bearing my name.

Mostly because I make everyday Christmas w/ my spending habits...

Well ain't that a bitch

DualSoul

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 11:49:47 am »
It is, but I'm all for Christmas' family aspect than the gift-giving one.

pt

• The Forum's Cutest User
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Named after this text field.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 08:54:35 pm »
I'm getting a snowboard for christmas cause I'm not a lazy computer geek like all of you : P

...oh wait.

Cutio

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Prinny dood...?
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 12:51:18 am »
A new computer would be a dream come true......the hamster running on the whell in mine has died a while back and I think that I need to replace his corpse. Other then that I feel that I too have grown out of the "wanting" phase. *gasps* My childhood is now official gone.*sniffs*

DualSoul

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 01:15:41 pm »
I have a couple degus that might fill that role adequately.  They're up at peak lurking times too!

Note:  I'm joking, my degus are too cute :D

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 07:26:36 am »
*copy-pastes from a Christmas thread on another forum*

Doom metal CDs. I don't care who, as long as it's not a live or compilation album. I hate those. Compilation albums are for people who you think may like the band, so you buy them a collection of singles because that's all anyone ever listens too because AOR is so fucking dead there's nothing left of the corpse.

That said, I'd also like Final Fantasy 4 Advance, Magna Carta, Wild Arms: Alter Code F (Wild Arms was my first PSX RPG and it holds a special place of nostalgia in my heart, so of course I was all aquiver about the remake), the Bleach and Samurai Champloo mangas, a book called "A Rough History of Heavy Metal", and the Shadow Hearts 2 soundtrack. Especially the Shadow Hearts 2 soundtrack. I'm normally not one to go batshit over a game's music (especially with how intensely pissed-off Dragon Quest 8's music made me), but SH2 had some of the best music I'd heard in ages.

I'd just like to say that FFIV Advance is incredible. The graphics are upgraded and on par with FFVI,and the music seems like it's been remastered or something. It's definitely a good remake.

I'm just hoping to get Mario Kart DS, Mario and Luigi 2, Sonic Rush, and a few other games. Nothing too fancy.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 12:13:38 pm »
This Christmas my Dad is sending me a Christmas card. =D!

I think the problem with wanting things and being older is that most anything you want you can afford on your own, and those things you can't people won't give you as gifts because they're too expensive.

I plan on building myself a new computer this Christmas.  The last one I built three years ago is a little outdated, and I know a lot more about computer parts this time around, so its a gift I"m giving to myself to both be a testament to all of the computer things I've learned up till now and a machine I'll be able to play WoW on in the future.

Bluelyth

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 12:38:46 pm »
Bluelyth's Wish List

1> To snow in south Florida.

2> Money.

3> Jessica Alba stripping on my coffee table.

4> A coffee table.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 06:52:32 pm »
I think the problem with wanting things and being older is that most anything you want you can afford on your own, and those things you can't people won't give you as gifts because they're too expensive.
Thats why all I'm asking for is gift cards to useful places like Best Buy. I've got everything I could buy right now (doesn't neccesarily mean I have everything I want), but when something new comes along next year, I'll have gift cards ready to use.  With my bro and the people at work, whom I've already exchanged gifts with, I'm already up to $100 at best buy and $30 at wal-mart.

kirby

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 10:32:08 pm »
a new computer, a decent translating program, better antispy/virus ware.....and the pr0nz!