Author Topic: Guilty Gear X2 Slash  (Read 5448 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Guilty Gear X2 Slash
« on: October 03, 2005, 08:43:59 am »
The latest installment of the Guilty Gear series is already out in Japan. The players are playing, testing and beating the crap out of it to restructure tiers, find new strategies, and do more damaging combos. Every character has one new special move and various other gameplay changes to master, and two new characters are added: A.B.A. from Isuka, and a version of Sol in his Holy Order uniform who has his own move list and game mechanic.

For now, here's information on all the changes in Slash: http://romancancel.com/content.php?article.92.0

Match videos featuring Johnny, Potemkin, Ky, Chipp, Venom, Faust, I-no, Anji, A.B.A., Sol, and Order-Sol can be found at www.combovideos.com. You have to register to download the videos, but registration is free and painless, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
Re: Guilty Gear X2 Slash
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 05:57:36 pm »
I hope this comes out for PS2. *drool*
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 08:58:14 pm »
Yeah. Until an American release date is confirmed, it's putting a hold on my sticky thread. I'm going to have to add the new specials to Potemkin, Ky, and Anji's sections, then probably re-write all their strategies, nix combos, add new ones...and just generally mess it up. Plus it puts a hold on writing new sections, since old data and tactics are getting thrown out. For instance, in Sol's section I can't really mention Dust Loops anymore, because it's gone entirely from Slash.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 01:05:39 pm »
Wait...But won't people still be playing X2 way after Slash's release?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 03:42:57 pm »
I suppose they might, depending on what console Slash is released for. Hopefully it'll be out on PS2, that way it'll get the most exposure. I'd hate if it was gonna be out on PS3 or one of the other new generation consoles. Hafta buy a whole new system just to play it...that'd suck.

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 08:37:49 pm »
I suppose they might, depending on what console Slash is released for. Hopefully it'll be out on PS2, that way it'll get the most exposure. I'd hate if it was gonna be out on PS3 or one of the other new generation consoles. Hafta buy a whole new system just to play it...that'd suck.

Yeah, I mean I'd be out of the gaming cycle for a long loop if it went to 360 or PS3, as I am waiting out till I can afford one of those home loans |=/
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:22:59 am »
I'm just plain ol' poor. I don't make enough money on my part-time job to justify ever buying a new game system, unless I eat nothing but 60 cent cans of Chef Boyardee for about two months.

EDIT: While I'm sitting here thinking about it, everyone go to www.shadowhaxor.net, register, go to downloads, pick music, and find the Guilty Gear X2: Sound Alive soundtrack. So awesome.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 12:32:21 am by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »