Author Topic: Viper RSR  (Read 214397 times)

daitanuki

• A kinder, gentler Custom title.
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • What sin could a man commit in a single lifetime?
Re: Viper RSR
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2005, 03:45:35 pm »
Wow!  That'd be awesome.  I'm looking for some nice pics of Cala for fanart references so that I don't necessarily have to keep going back to the GIFs.
Apan, Papan, Apepapedingdingdång

Take it!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:52 pm »
Yes the RSR artbook has a few Cala pics; some of these are repeated in the digital illustrations 2000 sets (commenly known as R, G, and B)   AS I understand it, theres alot of new Cala stuff in the Evolution and LTD artbooks, but alas, I dont have them or know anyone that does.  Maybe thats where Hyperguy's mysterious never-before-seen picture comes from?

I'll do the best I can on this RSR walkthrough. I apologize for any typos.
Page 1:
Top half introduces the four classes of "citizens" in the land of Alitalia: Monsters, Half-elves (Julietta is pictured), Elves (Cala and Elan), and Humans (Jota and an innkeeper)
Bottom half is map of Alitalia, showing the locations of cities.  Caves and Diablo's castle are not labeled.

Page 2:
Maps of the castle town of Alitalia and the castle.  Gives a sentence or two about the relatively few places you can go and the suprisely few people you can meet and talk to, considering this is the biggest city in the game. (Kind of reminds me of the opening city from Final Fantasy 1.)  Since I've played most of the game, I know you meet Julietta briefly, then meet the king who orders you to go save some girls being held hostage in a nearby cave.  Cala joins Elan at this point and as you leave the city, Alfa hooks up as well.

Page 3:
Map points out a cave to the northeast called the Monster's Den. At the lake beside it, you find discarded womens clothes.  The save itself is pretty short.  In it you find Maranero, the fingernails monster, who you beat up to rescue a girl.  When the party returns to Alitalia, monsters are ransacking the city.  Apparently the party is no condition to help right now, so they leave the defense of the city to the army.  Diablo is seen carrying off Julietta's body, so I presume the party decides they shoudl follow him instead.

Page 4:
The party moves southeast to the town of Bora. In Bora they meet Miralda, Jota's mother, who says her daughter is out hunting int he nearby cave (or something along those lines).   The heros go "rescue" her from a killer mushroom and she joins the party.

Page 5:
To the southwest of Alitalia is the town of Merak.  The party stops there to upgrade equipment and rest up.  The party goes back to Alitalia and finds the city is in ruins. The king's body has been impaled and now stands as a public warning to all who oppose the monsters.  They find a man who had helped them earlier has been gutted.  The rescue this man's daughter from Maranero, who for the second time is interrupted as he's raping a human girl.  After this episode, there seesm to be some sidequest invoving Alfa and his relationship to Elan.  Jota is kidnapped during this quest.  Presumably the cutscene involving Diablo's impregnation of Julietta are played out around this time.

Page 6:
The party moves far to the west to the town of Khamsin.  There's a church here, and the priest tells Cala that more girls are held captive in a tower to the north.  This is a big dungeon - 5 floors (the others have only been 1.)  On the second floor the party goes rescues a girl from a half-cow half-human monster named Akahara.

Page 7:
Continuing in the tower.  On the third floor is the jail, where Jota andmaybe 8-10 other girls are being held.  The party beats upa lizard monster named Tokage-ron to free them.   On the fourth floor is a pair of insectoid bosses named Alpha and Beta U-de (pronounced ooh-de) who merge their bodies together intoa s tronger fighting force.  At the end of the final floor, the party meets Veloce who uses magic to subdue the party.  Apparently Cala is not affected.  She tried to escape but is captured by Veloce.
The other three members of the party return to Khamsin.  Later, Veloce marches Cala down like a dog and shows off that he and the monsters are powerful and the humans and elves are weak.  The priest tells them to journeysouth to the desert oasis of Gibri to learn about a force stronger than Veloce's magic.  There, they learn that in order to defeat Veloce, they will each need some kind of sphere of power.

Page 8:
The part searches out three caves across the land for the monsters that protect these spheres.  Cala's numerous cutscenes of being raped by the monsters play out aroudn this time in the story.  Alfa's water crystal is held by Squid Devil.  Jota's fire crystal is held by a translucent Crystal Monster, who must be forzen before he can be damaged by Jota's arrows.  Elan's lightning crystal has no special boss in the regular version, but is held by Thunder Bot in the dvd version.  Each of these bosses has his own human "pet" who the team rescues.  Once all three crystals are in hand, the party returns to the tower, defeats Veloce, and rescues Cala.  Back in Khamsin, they try to heal the brainwashed and shellshocked Cala.  The lightning crystal seesm to make her remember, and she goes nuts for a little while.  Later that evening she goes to Elan's room in the inn to apologize for all the trouble she put them through.  They start to make out and get ready to do it but she's too terrified by it so Elan stops (bastard!) and they just go to sleep in each others instead.

Page 9:
Now that Cala is her confident self again, the full party advances to Diablo's castle in the far north.  His castle is five floors but not quite the maze Veloce's tower was.  The party gives him a asskicking and saves Julietta.  Everyone rides in a carraige back to Khamsin, but when they get onthe outskirts of the city, the priest is there and tells them the town is under attack by monsters.  Cala foolishly rushes toward the city and Elan and Alfa follow to ready themselves for battle.  Julietta has a beter idea and she and Jota make way for the ruined church.  AS the abttle ensues she gets everyones attentiona nd informs the monsters they're master is dead but that she's pregnant with his rightful heir.  The monsters decide to make peace.
INt he ending, Cala and Elan are on a hill looking down at the rebuilt city of Alitalia.  They remark about Julietta and her little boy (he's "horny" - literally) and about how Alfa and Jota are getting along now that they are presumably married. (Jota is giving him orders and he seems totally unable to resist her scolding.)  Cala lays her head on ELans shoulder and somehow they know they love each other.  The end.

Yeah, its kind of a wimpy story ala Final Fantasy 1.  What!? You were expecting a Tales game or something?

Parshias

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Prinny dood...?
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2005, 12:24:31 am »
Ah, many thanks, that really ties some stuff together for me.  I gather from the summary that RSR is a mostly text-based game?  There doesn't seem to be many battles, although there's atleast one alternate failed ending in there. (most likely the scene where Jota is raped by that blue-ish demon and the blue-haired hero gets stabbed in the head)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2005, 10:36:39 am »
Wow!  That'd be awesome.  I'm looking for some nice pics of Cala for fanart references so that I don't necessarily have to keep going back to the GIFs.
Okies.

I looked through my stuffs, and came up with a number of images, which I'll now post.

Here's a still of Miki extracted from Viper CTR that you can use as a reference for drawing:

And here's a 3/4th view for variety:

I then looked in the Viper Series Official Artbook 3,

(this book)

and found this image of Miki, of which I've never seen anywhere else:

You can get a high res version of it here. (Huge dimensions, small decent file size. :o )

Finally, I found a Miki fanart in the Viper Evolution doujinshi (the one JG's already seen), so I promptly scanned it for you:

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2005, 10:49:23 am »
Finding images of Cala was much more difficult.  Bottom line, there just isn't many official art of her avaialable, at least compared to art of other characters.

For starters, here's some detailed lineart that you can use to get a better feel for drawing the character:

FYI, the image is also available in the gallery, in full color.

Also, a character sheet with color guides and an anterior and posterior view:

(It's really useful to have if say, you were on an animation team. :D)
http://hyperguy.net/images/forum/viper/rsr_cr.jpg

In case you need more references, here's two rips of Cala from Viper Typing, one with armor, and one without:

Finally, one last rarity.  The official Cala cosplayer Sogna used for promoting Viper RSR:

Oh, and a low quality image of a phone card with Cala on it:

(This image also appears in the Viper RSR artbook.)

daitanuki

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2005, 11:37:39 am »
Wonderful!  When you guys deliver, you deliver big!

JG, thanks a lot for the walkthrough.  A lot of things make much more sense now, and I'm finally able to tell what order those disparate GIFs should go in.

And Hyperguy, I'm gratefull for all the stuff that you've found on Miki and Cala.  Those will make excellent references for fanart.  Unfortunately, now I have to find a whole new reason for procrastination.

I really appreciate the time that you guys have spent fulfilling our requests.  You two are the best.

Take it!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2005, 06:05:25 pm »
No, RSR seems mostly driven by animation, not by the text.  That's probably why the plot is fairly straightforward.

Here's some more Cala from the RSR artbook (two of my favorites)

Here's another one that would make a good reference picture, but sadly I do not have a bigger or better copy of it.  (Anyone that does, please post it)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 05:20:04 pm by JG00 »

dama_morri

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • my favorite viper character!!
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2005, 08:20:22 am »
hello every body, i just wanna ask if you know the name of the yellow haired archer from viper rsr?
and if you can.. please send me or just post the links to her gifs.....
please my master moderators....helpppp...=(
"let death consume thy path"

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2005, 09:06:38 am »
hello every body, i just wanna ask if you know the name of the yellow haired archer from viper rsr?

Search within this thread for the answer to your question the first, as for the second.. *Gets devoured by Spiney Norman*
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2005, 01:07:57 pm »
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,87.msg2175.html#msg2175

No.

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2005, 10:05:15 pm »
^ -> I'm sorry but that was just freaking hilarious. :D

Anyways, thanks for those pictures. I've seen the one on the left before, but not as big. But I thought her name was Julietta?

Such a shame RSR was a later Viper game. Cala(?) just blows everyone away.

... (edit) SO wait a minute, Cala is the pink haired chick? And Julietta is the purple haired one?

This whole time ... I thought Cala was Julietta.

Well, we learn something new everyday I guess. :P

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 05:03:18 pm »
The names for each character has already been covered earlier in the thread.
http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,87.msg2175.html#msg2175

dama_morri

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2005, 05:34:23 am »
THANKS EVERYONE!!!
so the girls name was jota....
does any of you have even just some of her gifs???
please helpp meee
i find her really cute you know....=)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2005, 07:53:16 am »
You'll probably need to search elsewhere.  If Hyperguy put RSR stuff in the gallery,available  bandwidth would disappear again.
4chan.org has RSR stuff show up in its animated board every few days or so.

dama_morri

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2005, 01:11:34 pm »
thanks JG00!!!
do you know a different site other than 4chan?
=)
sorry if im asking you guys so much, ok?
=)
thanks again.

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2005, 10:56:44 pm »
They've actually got some RSR gif posting going at this free gifs site:
http://freeup.jp/bbs/?id=gifgazou&page=0

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2005, 11:05:46 pm »
I have some gifs too (F40, RSR) >.>

PM.

dama_morri

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2005, 03:02:34 am »
wow!!!
thanks for that!!!!!
are those all?
do you have gifs of jota?
from viper rsr???
thanks again=)

daitanuki

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 10:44:57 am »
Dama_morri, the things that you've asked for can already be found on the board.  I'd recommend that you look back through the RSR thread as well as the Viper Links thread and animated GIFs threads and use the search feature, rather than asking the mods to do it for you.  This is what I've done with Cala, and only afterwards did I ask if anyone had any images that were not covered there, like those in the art book.  Once you look around, you'll find the few GIFs that feature Jota pretty quickly.

The kind gentlemen on this board have gone out of their way to find pics for me and tell me where to find them myself.  If you help yourself first, I think that they will be happy to give you a hand.

Take it!

daitanuki

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 10:58:04 am »
Say, I have a question regarding some of the RSR GIFs.  In a few of them, it appears that Cala is going down on and having sex with someone who appears to be human but his face is never seen.  It is difficult to tell for sure, but it seems that Veloce is nearby or in a few of these GIFs.  So, is this indeed a human character?  If so, who is he?  The walkthrough that JG posted just mentioned that a lot of Cala's scenes occured at a certain point, but I'm not sure how these fit in.

Take it!