Author Topic: Viper Animated GIF's posting in a.b.p.e.anime!  (Read 13578 times)

Anonymous

Viper Animated GIF's posting in a.b.p.e.anime!
« on: September 15, 2005, 06:26:43 pm »
I have complete sets of Viper F40, CTR, GTB, GT1 and some more. Since people have been asking for them in this forum, I will begin posting them to the alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.anime usenet newsgroup starting Friday night. Get your newsgroup readers ready!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 06:40:50 pm »
I've never heard of this thing. Explain?

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 09:42:04 pm »
Quote from: HGsIndestruc.Roommate
I've never heard of this thing. Explain?

Quoted for truthery!
*laughs*

drowningman

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:17:20 pm »
I wanna get this, I tried seacrhing google for Usenet and the alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.anime newsgroup but I still can't find where to login or whatever. Is it like a bittorrent? I don't get this.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 12:33:52 am »
Quote from: drowningman
I wanna get this, I tried seacrhing google for Usenet and the alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.anime newsgroup but I still can't find where to login or whatever. Is it like a bittorrent? I don't get this.

Google Groups doesn't carry binary groups.
First you need a good newsgroup reader. I use Agent. You can download it from here:
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
Your ISP should have a News Server (NNTP Server) setting that you have to type into Agent.
Read the instructions at the Forte Agent website and have fun.

lateguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 03:11:09 am »
.... sorry..... ..........................what?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 04:50:02 pm »
Out of curiosity, how many people here know what a newsgroup is?

Doctor_Raven

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Lone Guardian of Cybertron
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 05:20:49 pm »
I remember them back in the day =/
ಠ_ಠ
I saw what you did there.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 06:21:15 pm »
Quote from: Hyperguy
Out of curiosity, how many people here know what a newsgroup is?

I do, but then again, I'm an old fogey.  Torrents have put an end to all the good stuff coming from newsgroups first.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 01:48:48 pm »
I posted Viper F40 and CTR gif's to the usenet newsgroup on Friday and Saturday night. Did anybody download them?
I will be posting Viper GT1 and Gtb this weekend. BTW, I still love the Usenet.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 10:06:33 pm »
GT1 YOU MUST SEND TO ME
AIM ACIDAEON

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 10:24:01 pm »
Why not just use Torrents?

That, or hopefully I can figure out how to get this working.
*has never used a newsgroup system before*

AnimeFan

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 11:48:58 pm »

Goto the above site and download Agent newsreader and install it. I'm using an older version of the program but I'm sure that the menus will be the same.

Goto the Options menu and then select User and System Profile.

Select the System tag, and you will see where you have to type in your News Server and Email Server values. You need to get these values from your ISP's website. If your e-mail address is something@netcom.com, then these values will probably be news.netcom.com or nntp.netcom.com and smtp.netcom.com

On the Online menu, click on Refresh Group List. This will get all the newsgroups that your News Server carries. There are over 100,000 newsgroups.

Scan the newsgroups and you should find alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.anime
If you right click on the newsgroup, it will give you an option to subscribe to it.

Goto the Online menu and Get New Headers in Subscribed Groups. This will download all the headers from the messages in that group. To download a specific message, just double click on it. It queues all the messages that you select.

Right click on the downloaded message and it gives you the option to save it. If you click on the rocketship icon, it will lauch whatever program you use to view the attachment.

Have fun. I personally think that the Usenet is a lost pleasure that I still enjoy.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 11:48:23 am »
w00t, got it to work. It was a tad different from your older version but I figured it out.

Some messages are marked [*/2] -- is there any way to retrive the second part to the message?

(There aren't too many animations but there are a ton pictures)

lateguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 12:24:27 pm »
Quote from: AnimeFan

If your e-mail address is something@netcom.com, then these values will probably be news.netcom.com or nntp.netcom.com and smtp.netcom.com

??????????

AnimeFan

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 01:39:48 pm »
Quote from: Sorrowful
w00t, got it to work. It was a tad different from your older version but I figured it out.

Some messages are marked [*/2] -- is there any way to retrive the second part to the message?

All ISP's have file size limits that you can post to your news server. My ISP has a 512kb single size limit. When you post a message UUencoding adds a third to the size of a file, so with a 512k limit, the size of a single file that you can post is around 385k. When you have a file that exceeds the limit, you must break the file into pieces smaller that your limit and send them. A good newsgroup reader automatically breaks the file into pieces when you post depending on what value you give it and reassembles them for you at the other end. The [*/2] that you see means that there are two pieces to this file. There are a lot of variables that determine how well a message propagates to a news server. If you are missing a file or a piece of a file, try retrieving the messages again in a couple of hours. Sometimes the file will show up days after the rest. You can also post a message to the newsgroup asking the sender to repost the file or the whole set. Most senders don't mind reposting. In addition there are commercial sites like supernews and guba that offer better newsgroup coverage for a price that will compliment your ISP service. Hope this helps.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 11:37:21 am »
Yeah it did, thanks for the heads up!

AnimeFan

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 08:56:17 pm »
Quote from: Sorrowful
w00t, got it to work.

There is also a second lesser erotica anime newsgroup called alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.ani
which some people still post into. Why are there two newsgroups for identical purposes? Beats me!

AnimeFan

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 02:17:51 pm »
Quote from: lateguy
Quote from: AnimeFan

If your e-mail address is something@netcom.com, then these values will probably be news.netcom.com or nntp.netcom.com and smtp.netcom.com

??????????

Your ISP should have a news server. I know that my ISP is pretty crappy but they still offer newsgroup service. In order to access the server, you need to know the nntp setting, just like in order to access your ISP's e-mail server, you need to know its smtp setting. You can go to your ISP's website and they should have them written somewhere. If you are having trouble finding it, then you can make an educated guess. My ISP provided e-mail address is username@allstream.net and my setting are:
NNTP setting: nntp.allstream.net  or  news.allstream.net
SMTP setting: smpt.allstream.net

You need to type these values at the right place in Agent in order for it to connect to your ISP's news and e-mail server.

Here is a negative review of Forte's current version of Agent newsreader:
http://www.pcworld.com/resource/article/0,aid,122391,RSS,RSS,00.asp
It seems they built it to manage your e-mails and made it overly complex when all you really want is to access newsgroups.

I'm using Agent version 1.93 which I find very comfortable and you can still download from there webpage here: http://www.forteinc.com/agent/download-all.php

If you type in 'agent registration key 1.93' into google groups, you will find that people and posted keys that you can use and save yourself some money. I recommend trying the earlier version for comparison. I gave previous instructions on how to set it up.