Author Topic: Viper Animated Cels selling at yahoo japan!  (Read 7046 times)

Snow Puma

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I *WHAT* like a lesbian?!
    • Deviantart Gallery
Viper Animated Cels selling at yahoo japan!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 03:29:26 am »
I get the feeling thse are (fake) painted cels Since they all feature artwork from illustration CDs that were never animated (and hence, were never in cel format). Either that or they're clear-files. My japanese support isn't installed on this computer so I can varify what the auction is actually selling.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 03:35:14 pm »
Even the artbook work would have been done on transparent film so Sogna could reuse the same image on different backgrounds and in different layouts. If you've seen the artbooks, you'll see this is true, especially for the F40 stuff.  That Akira one is kind of questionable though, but looks authentic.  And unlike cels, these are probably unique.

Snow Puma

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I *WHAT* like a lesbian?!
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:18:55 am »
:gp
I see, I figured they would have done it digitally (through sketches/digital coloring etc.). That seemed the most likely course of action for a company that publishes everything digitally. Of course I forget that Sogna goes way back, before the days when digital animation became cost-effective.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 11:45:13 am »
Exactly. Plus, the images in the cells are from their old material. I think what they did for the Digital Illustration collections was take the line art from their old cell works and recolored them digitally.  A lot of the artwork from those collections also appeared in artbooks before, but if you compare the colors used you can tell that they're slightly brighter in the digital versions.