Author Topic: A few Questions please!  (Read 9325 times)

rubiocroft

• Casual VIPER Fan
A few Questions please!
« on: December 06, 2007, 01:00:27 pm »
Hello!...

I've been quite curious about some pictures I've seen from Viper Series...

Would you tell me if these images actually were real games?

Is this a sequel of Viper GTS?
http://acg-club.maxs.jp/gallery/sogna/sogna59.jpg
A few Questions please!

Is this a sequel of Viper CTR? (I saw a new scene in Viper PAradice which were not part of CTR)
http://acg-club.maxs.jp/gallery/sogna/sogna95.jpg
A few Questions please!

etc etc...

http://acg-club.maxs.jp/gallery/sogna/sogna54.jpg
A few Questions please!

for last.. what is that Viper guynarok or something like that which I've heard around there...  I remember this name was in Sogna's dead web page

---- If that is so... are these Viper games available around here?
I also don't have Lingeries collection, Viper M3... and BTR ... (<--- I just  found a no sound version)

Hoping to receive any reply

RUBIO

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: A few Questions please!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:11:25 pm »
Gunyarok is the greatest game ever in existance...ever.  Unfortunately no one ever has it in stock.

Guynarok is some cheep knock off which I'm sure that JG or HG can inform you about.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:23 pm »
None of those images come from within games.  The first image comes from Sogna Digital Illustrations 1.  The second is promotional artwork for the Digital Illustrations 2000 series (but that image itself isn't contained in any of the three.)  The third is the CD insert/cover art for Viper Island Vol 3.

There is no sequel to GTS (in so far as Sogna canon is concerned.)  The first chapter of The Devil Came... story is told in V6 and V6 R, and the second part in GTS (the game, OVA, audiobook, and Viper Limited novel all seem to tell slightly diffferent versions of this chapter.)  There is no third part.

Yes, there are a few scenes featuring Asuka and Miki in Typing VIPER and the Paradice series that don't come from V10 or CTR.

Galactic Guardian Guynarock is an old PC98 game made by the folks who created Sogna when they were a gamehouse named M.I.N.  A couple of times during their history, Sogna tried to diversify their library beyond the VIPER series games, and Galactic Guardian Guynarock R (R for Remake) was the first attempt (and the only serious one.)

Gunyarock is a fictional game.  Raika has made it her life's pursuit to acquire a copy, though she never will because its never in stock at EBGames (or anywhere else for that matter.)

Your "soundless" BTR version is likely set to MIDI and you don't have the Anex86 MIDI plugin.  From the main BTR menu, select the last option to go to the Options submenu.  The fourth option on that menu is audio output.  The first option on the next menu will let you toggle between FM and MIDI audio.  If you still don't hear anything after setting MIDI mode, close the emulator window and go into Anex86 Config, look at the MIDI tab, check the two checkboxes there and retry.  Consult this post for more information.

rubiocroft

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 01:03:47 pm »
Hey... thanks for the info... you surely know a lot about it..

I've collected all those games I could find.

I've got Viper  V6 (the first one I tried) and V6R (a cd image)
                        V8
                        V10  (the second I tried)
                        V12 ----> I like the Magical Gambler character... but I'd better like to try BTR...
                        V16  Rise and Imagine
                        F40 --- > lot of troubles to find it... lol (by edonkey !)
                        F50
                        GTB --------> I love it!
                        M1
                        M5 --------> never finished it... didn't like it
                        RSR ---------> awsome! (wonderful design of characters) (troubles to find it by edonkey too lol!)
                        CTR ---->  cool design of chars... boring story
                        Viper Paradice ---> quite funny... hard to win a game for me,,, lol
                        Viper Limited Edition ---(a shooting game? .. strange lol!)

I'd like to know which are other titles available to get around here.. does anyone know any torrent link to get them? or maybe some direct download (even though I deslike them becasue they are always splitted in pieces grr!)

http://acg-club.maxs.jp/gallery/sogna/sogna72.jpg
A few Questions please!

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 06:27:45 pm »
Gunyarock is a fictional game.  Raika has made it her life's pursuit to acquire a copy, though she never will because its never in stock at EBGames (or anywhere else for that matter.)

HERESY! Gunyarok is just too awesome for this world that's why you think its a fictional game.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 02:01:09 pm »
I'd like to know which are other titles available to get around here..

I didn't see GTS on your list.  You can purchase that from the Shop when you've posted enough to earn 200 hueys.

See this thread for a link to a site to get PC98 VIPER games, including BTR. (The files are not in split pieces either.)

HERESY! Gunyarok is just too awesome for this world that's why you think its a fictional game.

Shussh!  That fact is not meant to be known by the lesser beings like Guest.  This secret is bigger than the Illuminati, the Council on Foreign Relations, what goes on at Groom Lake, and where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.  Combined.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 04:12:48 pm »
Shussh!  That fact is not meant to be known by the lesser beings like Guest.  This secret is bigger than the Illuminati, the Council on Foreign Relations, what goes on at Groom Lake, and where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.  Combined.

My bad... Guest please look at the end of this stick for me.

*FLASH*

rubiocroft

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:00:43 am »
Sorry... I didn't get the conversation that you were having---- 

anyway... I read about the thread related with PC98 games... but   what does it meanS?  will Viper games be available to download them?   If there anything I can do...  I 'd like to give a hand...

As I said before, I 'm wishing to get BTR voiced... and maybe some others...

--
Actually translating "mamaclub 1" from Complets

RUBIO