Author Topic: 5-2-98 : May You Always Be Ever Free  (Read 6359 times)

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
5-2-98 : May You Always Be Ever Free
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:07:09 pm »
Today marks the anniversary of the death of my favourite guitar player, originally of X Japan, Hideto "hide" Matsumoto was a very happy and interesting individual, and one who touched the hearts of many musicians and music fans alike, young and old, including this one.

Well known for his crazy sense of style, as well as his crazy sense of guitar playing, he was originally going to become a beautician, but upon being offered to play in X Japan (then called X) history was made, he was found in his apartment, hung by a towel from the doorknob, and was pronounced dead, many mourned him, and some, claiming to not be able to live without his music in thier lives, also committed suicide or attempted to do so, many were also hospitalised for fainitng and depression.

His funeral was a thing to behold. His guitars displayed along with his casket, while his former bandmates sang a rendition of "Forever Love" to honour thier dead friend and bandmate.

I could not play guitar today, I couldn't listen to his music, it reminded me too much of his influence on me, and for one day, I was not a musician. Some may mock me for caring so much about him, but he was not a depressed or spiteful person, I have no idea why he would kill himsefl, other than the fact he was probably drunk, as he was an alchoholic.

hide, know that you are missed, and may you always be Ever Free.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/billzodiac/hide6.jpg
5-2-98 : May You Always Be Ever Free

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
Re: 5-2-98 : May You Always Be Ever Free
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:56:32 pm »
Some may mock me for caring so much about him, but he was not a depressed or spiteful person, I have no idea why he would kill himsefl, other than the fact he was probably drunk, as he was an alchoholic.

Some will probably mock me for caring,but I was really out of it when actor Roddy MacDowall died of cancer a few years ago.To most people,he was an actor,who was in movies like Planet of the Apes,and Fright Night.To me,he was the voice of my favorite Batman villian...Jervis Tetch,The Mad Hatter,on Batman the Animated Series/Adventures of Batman and Robin/The New Batman Adventures.

I've got the figure of Mad Hatter from the animated show(one in the package and one out),and when MacDowall died,I was in my room crying for hours non-stop.This sort of thing happens when someone is able to give a performance that just really touches a chord with you,that when they die,you feel like some special influence or joy has left the world.But with things like the DVD sets i have of Batman the Animated Series,that joy and energy is still here,fresh in my memory.

I,for one,am not going to mock you on this.I know how you feel.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
Re: 5-2-98 : May You Always Be Ever Free
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 01:31:10 am »
Well that's good of you bill, tributing someone so important to you. I approve.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!