Author Topic: Liam Eefting's New Electronica Album! Out NEXT MONTH! PREVIEW IT HERE!  (Read 6181 times)

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
Hey guys, I figured I'd come show you some stuff off the new album! YES THATS RIGHT I FINISHED IT!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k318/hyperwill/EECoverSmall.png
Liam Eefting's New Electronica Album! Out NEXT MONTH! PREVIEW IT HERE!

"Euphorious Epitaph", contains 16 all new original tracks, with a range of styles from hardcore trance music to eclectic middle-eastern based trip-hop.

Featuring your very own Will (Liam Eefting is my stage name), Euphorious Epitaph is sure to please, this all electronica follow-up to 2005's Necromantic Overtures (Which had rock/techno tracks) is a fall towards a new direction that people are really enjoying.

So here you are, a few trax from the new album to show you some of what to expect. Of course, the album contains many more songs that vary in style as well.

NOTE: DJ FC was my former name on the electronic albums, but it was changed after realising no one would take the music seriously under the name "DJ Fried Chicken", the DJ FC trax are indeed off this album, and written by me.

http://www.hyperguy.net/billefting/music/dj%20fc%20-%20exotic%20dancing%20in%20the%20acid%20rain.mp3
EXOTIC DANCING IN THE ACID RAIN

http://www.hyperguy.net/billefting/music/dj%20fc%20-%20lullaby%20for%20the%20damned.mp3
LULLABY FOR THE DAMNED

http://www.hyperguy.net/billefting/music/Liam%20Eefting%20-%20Feeling.mp3
FEELING

http://www.hyperguy.net/billefting/music/Liam%20Eefting%20-%20Babylon%20Sunrise.mp3
BABYLON SUNRISE (Current Fan Favourite!)

http://www.hyperguy.net/billefting/music/Liam%20Eefting%20-%20Spilled%20Milk.mp3
SPILLED MILK (One of the only songs to ever feature Liam doing vocals, not to mention RAPPING)

Please give me feedback. And enjoy the music.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:02:30 pm by The Great Will »

King Zarkon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Planet Doom Represent
Re: Liam Eefting's New Electronica Album! Out NEXT MONTH! PREVIEW IT HERE!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:37:04 pm »
it looks like shes having trouble reading your name will.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:15:02 pm »
it looks like shes having trouble reading your name will.

No offense, but I was sort of hoping for ACTUAL feedback.

King Zarkon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Planet Doom Represent
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:27:15 pm »
you want feedback? YOU WANT FEEDBACK??? i'll give you so much goddamn feedback youll have to say, "goddamn thats a lot of feedback".

EDIT: the link to exotic dancing is broken.

additional edit: ok, i'll start with lullaby for the damned. the song sounds unnaturally gritty. like it was either poorly mastered or the mp3 was of bad quailty. there were a couple of incongrueties with the synching. to be honest, it sounds like you were trying to immitate the style of the crux shadow.

i dont really know what to say about feeling. it seemed a little lackluster. it would make great background music for something.

babylon sunrise i really like. it's upbeat, eclectic, but most importantly with electronic music, makes you want to dance. the ONLY complaint i could have with it is, the small interruptions in the main song. by that i mean, if i were listening to it on the radio, i'd wonder why the station was changing. the two styles dont work together well imo. its your song, but if it were mine, i'd replace the sections of heavy beat with some tripped out sittar music. maybe i'm just saying that because i love sittar music though.

spilled milk instantly reminded me of a godhead song. i highly suggest you go back and and redo the vocals. your voice wavers in places like you arent quite sure of yourself singing. it could also just be a poor mp3 though.

i'd really like to hear the rest of the songs. i look forward to the release. you are a talented guy will.

still another edit: exotic dancing is an exellent song. it reminds me a little of aphex twin in places.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:58:23 pm by heirophant »

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
you want feedback? YOU WANT FEEDBACK??? i'll give you so much goddamn feedback youll have to say, "goddamn thats a lot of feedback".

EDIT: the link to exotic dancing is broken.

additional edit: ok, i'll start with lullaby for the damned. the song sounds unnaturally gritty. like it was either poorly mastered or the mp3 was of bad quailty. there were a couple of incongrueties with the synching. to be honest, it sounds like you were trying to immitate the style of the crux shadow.

i dont really know what to say about feeling. it seemed a little lackluster. it would make great background music for something.

babylon sunrise i really like. it's upbeat, eclectic, but most importantly with electronic music, makes you want to dance. the ONLY complaint i could have with it is, the small interruptions in the main song. by that i mean, if i were listening to it on the radio, i'd wonder why the station was changing. the two styles dont work together well imo. its your song, but if it were mine, i'd replace the sections of heavy beat with some tripped out sittar music. maybe i'm just saying that because i love sittar music though.

spilled milk instantly reminded me of a godhead song. i highly suggest you go back and and redo the vocals. your voice wavers in places like you arent quite sure of yourself singing. it could also just be a poor mp3 though.

i'd really like to hear the rest of the songs. i look forward to the release. you are a talented guy will.

Goddamn thats a lot of feedback.

Thank you for being honest, I fixed the link to Exotic Dancing by the way, the 3 in mp3 was absent O_o.

The vocals are the way they are on Spilled Milk because thats just how I sing, it's a very sexually driven song, flucuations are purposeful.

And it's funny you mention that about Lullaby, it actually was on a soundtrack! To a indie horror film "Annnnnnd Cut!". I put it on there by request. :D Who are the crux shadows?

Thanks. Anyone else?

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 09:08:44 pm »
I wanna hear Acid Rain. Doesn't work.

Alright, feedback! I'm pretty picky about the music I listen to but yeah. Here we go.

Feedback: I think you're going for the dance feel, or "What you hear on the radio at night". If that's what you want, I suggest harder instruments, more bass.

Yeah, definitely more bass.

I used to listen to this genre a long time ago, it sent me on a nostalgic trip there for a while. Haha.
It could be a bit louder too. I mean I guess the melody's meant to give the song a "soft" feel, but I could totally see it exploding hard after a while.

At 3:52 I thought the song was on repeat due to the short silence session, but it get the way the song was made.

Babylon Sunrise:

Nice beginning. Haha.

But... woa. It's suddenly invaded by this rough, hard bit, that sounds a little distorted. It has a little static and because of its volume we can't exactly hear what's going on in the background.

HAHA b-boy funk!
I like.
Would be a hella lot cooler if it had more of a funk tone and if you actually started playign with the beats and made this super mix of your own or something.
Back to the weird Arabic thing.
I like those guitars that show up after a few seconds.
B-boyism again. At this point I get the feeling this thing can go on DDR or something haha.
2:48: Love the beat. If it could be a wee bit louder, I'd made a clip using it and post it. Haha. But I quit dancing a few months ago. Might look lame.
More weird sounds.
More weird sounds until the end, where it just dies down one layer at a time.

It's got this experimental//dark//ambianshit feel to it. That's pretty cool.

Spilled Milk: I love the song. That's it.

Ah, maybe one thing. If the breathing could kinda be faded in slowly. It kinda just appeared outta nowhere.

And if you could make a non-lyrical version with a bit more downtempoism. [/request]

Lullaby for the Damned: Piano. Already +10 =p

opmfg. I love this song more than the rest. "I could use this for Credits music!" that's the music I dance to.

Was this inspired by Lullaby Proximitus by any chance?

1:25 hehe, that sample. Hear it everywhere.

But yeah. I like.

...Watewut, abrupt ending =[

Good stuff man, hopefully you'll shove some DnB here sometime. It'd be awesome if you did that man. Can't wait for the rest, haha. But keep working. Filtering's an awesome effect. Just a suggestion. Haha.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 10:59:55 pm »

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:06:57 pm »
Cruxshadows are a goth/synthpop band (Darkwave, I guess) if no one's answered that yet.

I haven't listened to all of them but, for once I'd agree with heirophant on Babylon Sunrise in that it shouldn't have the sudden changes in style. It really doesn't compliment it the way more experimental forms do (see: Darrin Verhagen/Shinjuku Filth for a good example of that sort of stuff (check wikipedia about him)). On one hand, the weird parts sound cool, and the more conventional parts do as well, but together they don't really work.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 04:01:18 pm »
THE ALBUM IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

http://www.cafepress.com/liameefting.80509794

18 Tracks for your listening pleasure. reviews will be up soon as well.

^_^ \/ Please to be buying my disc.