Author Topic: Hello Congress!  (Read 4054 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Hello Congress!
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:12:38 am »
Hi everybody!

Just wanted to see where everyone was and what everyone was is up to.  Jan-Feb. has been brutal as of late, and March doesn't seem to be letting up either.  Don't know what it's like everywhere else, but here a lot of people have lost their jobs and have had to move and all sorts of stuff.

In my case, I've been so busy keeping up with IRL that I haven't had the opportunity to post much.  That and, hey, hasn't the Congress of Awesome become really stagnant as of late?  I'm starting to feel like there's too many subforums and that the forums we do have need some serious reworking.  Hell, parts of the template could use some work too.

Maybe we'd be better off with say, 2-4 forums instead?  Not to mention, specialized stuff that you don't often find on other forums.  Like for example, Revenge of the D-Pad is a nice forum on its own, but forums dedicated to video games is a bit generic(Let's change it to 2D fighting games using 256 color palettes only!).

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:17:07 am by Hyperguy »

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Hello Congress!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:42:48 pm »
Haven't really had much to talk about as of late so I've just been mainly lurking.  Plus I need to finish up my degree in the next year and a half which has made things a little more hectic.

Yeah, perhaps a facelift for CoA maybe in order.  Consolidating forums would be good and probably some specific forums wouldn't go amiss.  However, I would keep the general topic forums but have specific forums under their auspices or along side of.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:52:23 am »
You pretty much know whats up with me,

Just trying to work as much as possible, Amy is the same way, we're fortunate to make it - but we're strong and we'll get through this.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 10:39:18 am »
I would prefer to consolidate similar boards (ie Mugen Support under Revenge of D-Pad) rather than outright deletion.

I do have something new in mind to spark interest though.  I'll start posting it later today.