Author Topic: Viper Limited Edition for download  (Read 8240 times)

ltpika

• Casual VIPER Fan
Viper Limited Edition for download
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:59:11 pm »
This site has urls and instructions on how to download the game using mega upload:

http://www.bakajojo.com/archive/index.php?t-2766.html

I've got it working on Daemon Tools. I don't have Vista, so I don't know if it'll work there.

gman14

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Viper Limited Edition for download
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:55:25 pm »
thanks

uphillbattle

• Sucker of Collectibles
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GT/B/S/1 & RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth & Street Fighter 6
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:50 am »
so the game works for you? is that what you're saying? ill give it a shot

i have the game in .bin and .cue file formats, and converted the .bin to a .iso, burned the game on both dvd and cd discs and the game still wont run correctly for me, only the menu interface shows with a picture of akira and the rest is blank, ill try and get a screenie of it soon

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:54:06 pm »
LE is broken by a change Microsoft made a few years back to remove files with ".ht" extension from being interpretted as HTML, as this was the same extension used by the hyperterminal application.  Probably happened with IE6 or XP.

The autorun tries to load system/class/game.ht and since modern versions of Windows don't interpret this as HTML it doesn't convert the slash between class and game into backslash and throws a file not found error.  Or tries to load it as a non-HTML file and the embedded browser control (the rectangle beside Akira) just doesn't do anything with it.

One way to work around it is to copy the system/class folder to your hard drive, and rename the game.ht file as game.html.  Then double click that file or drag it into your browser window.  What's odd is that VIPER Digital Museum used a file ending in extension .html and doesn't experience this problem.

Oh, and Java doesn't come preinstalled on Windows.  You'll need to go to java.com and get the JRE to play Java apps like STG (its installer is entirely web-based like Flash)