Author Topic: Torrent Trackers  (Read 5211 times)

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
Torrent Trackers
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:16:01 pm »
What resources does everyone use to illegally steal their media?

For instance, I basically used the pirate bay for everything but what with them losing their legal case and TPB trying to sell out to some media distribution company (what the hell was that about anyway) I've become mistrustful of public trackers in general and want some other place to steal all the shit I'm too poor or cheap to pay for (or simply don't want to browse jlist or ncsx for because I have a dislike for the way etailers like newegg, amazon, jlist, ncsx display their wares on their websites -- I feel it is not conducive to the consumer and instead creates an environment of uncertainty and ignorance that is only beneficial to the retailer -- case in point, Amazon's Amazon Merchants "feature"... the source of many a nasty email exchange between me, an amazon rep who tells me to bugger off, and the third party seller who just ignores most of my emails.... back to the main topic ->)

And well, private trackers are well... private.  Or any private download site be it something like luelinks, a traditional download link site, or... shit I don't even know of any legitimate private trackers... those ones that are always open to sign up don't even count.... never trusted emule or limewire... hell my only other choice is to randomly hit rapidshare and megaupload links and well... I have my own problems with those guys.  Though I've recently found this fricking sweet program, JDownloader... if only I had a dynamic IP address I could abuse rapidhshare/megaupload TOS till the cows come home.  Premium accounts for those sites are expensive.

Speaking of a guy I knew at work kept promising me he'd send me an invite to luelinks... that smelly Washingtonian went back to Seattle before he ever did though... bastid.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Torrent Trackers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:49:12 pm »
I've found the Japanese Share EX2 network to be a goldmine of stuff I can't find as torrents or direct downloads.  Share isn't as refined as the torrent system, but sometimes you gotta go where the people are.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:45:05 pm »
I've found the Japanese Share EX2 network to be a goldmine of stuff I can't find as torrents or direct downloads.  Share isn't as refined as the torrent system, but sometimes you gotta go where the people are.

That's for truth.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:55:26 pm »
For non-US licensed subbed anime I use Animesuki:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php

However, as soon as it gets licensed it gets pulled from their list.

Animebreaker has a fairly large collection of anime for DDL but their site is obnoxious to navigate.

All else I tend to do Google searches and use megaupload.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:24:57 am »
For general stuff I use PirateBay.org and sometimes mininova.org.

For hentai stuff, hongfire.com and deadfrog.info.

Animesuki.com for subbed anime(though truthfully, I don't watch anime anymore) and TokyoToshokan for licensed anime.

When I'm looking for doujinshi I'll use 4chan's Rapidshare board too and google searches using's the doujin's name in either romaji or kana.

I avoid using torrents for the most part, unless it's something I have to have.