Author Topic: ITT Bill answers your Musical Questions  (Read 18903 times)

Shane

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: ITT Bill answers your Musical Questions
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 01:26:55 am »
That's what Japanese cars do unless you're uncool then you just drive into a wall and DIE.
It must be a Japanese guitar thing, then.

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 08:28:06 pm »
No I said Japanese cars.

What is car a synonym for guitar or something?

KernelSanders

• Casual VIPER Fan
BILL!!! Question about music.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 08:10:21 pm »
Alright cool, so I've been playing guitar for......... 16 years, Damn. thats a long time, lol.
My question(s) are this...

I have a 100 watt Randall RG100 SC (simular to a Dimebag Darrell amp used from Cowboys from Helll, only he had a Randall RG100 ES)..... It comes with 2 12'' Celestion 70/80 driver speakers and its got 2 overdrive, one clean channel.
I like to do a lot of mid scooping, and I've found a bunch of good tones using my Boss Metal Zone MT2 hooked up to my ESP LTD EX50, but, my question is this..........

Lol, I put Zakk Wylde strings on my freaking ESP (its a bolt on) and it cracked my body around the neck of the guitar (its not the neck thats cracked, its the body around the neck) I was thinking of using fiberglass wood filler to repair the cracks, as the guitar is still very playable, what would you suggest?

PS I've learned my lesson to not put those damn bridge cables, erm... strings on my guitar again  lol.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
Re: BILL!!! Question about music.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 06:47:00 am »
Alright cool, so I've been playing guitar for......... 16 years, Damn. thats a long time, lol.
My question(s) are this...

I have a 100 watt Randall RG100 SC (simular to a Dimebag Darrell amp used from Cowboys from Helll, only he had a Randall RG100 ES)..... It comes with 2 12'' Celestion 70/80 driver speakers and its got 2 overdrive, one clean channel.
I like to do a lot of mid scooping, and I've found a bunch of good tones using my Boss Metal Zone MT2 hooked up to my ESP LTD EX50, but, my question is this..........

Lol, I put Zakk Wylde strings on my freaking ESP (its a bolt on) and it cracked my body around the neck of the guitar (its not the neck thats cracked, its the body around the neck) I was thinking of using fiberglass wood filler to repair the cracks, as the guitar is still very playable, what would you suggest?

PS I've learned my lesson to not put those damn bridge cables, erm... strings on my guitar again  lol.

Hey Sanders, good to see another guitarist.

Heres the deal, when I was a young boy in high school - My science teacher - who by the way, was morbidly obese. Knocked over my guitar case (I had brought it in as part of a project in school.) And busted my Fender acoustic. After about 90 "Bitch I Kill Yous" I took it home and realized it was just what happened to yours, a surface crack.

You can use the wood filler to repair the cracks, but be warned that when it dries, it looks...bad.

But you're a metal guy right? Who gives two shits, we'll just throw bottles of whiskey at them if they poke fun at our ghetto repaired guitars. FTW.

Also, you shouldn't have tried those strings anyway, heavy gauge? Bleh. I've used 9's for 10 years. Will never use anything else.

Enjoy.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:10 pm »
Hey Will, it's me again.  After returning to college and switching to a music composition major, I've been trying to write up a little tune lately.  It's not much, just a piano melody with some rhythm and bass behind it, but this is my first work I've really put some effort into, and I'm still a bit noobish at it, lol.  Lemme know what you think of it.  Any constructive criticism would be awesome.  :3

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 07:25:58 pm »
Tetsaru, this is pretty damn good.

I think its missing some instruments, could benefit from strings I think, but good God this reminds me of a Lunar battle theme.

Good jerb.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 03:36:34 am »
Well, like I said, it's still my first piece... I've mainly been building it from my composition lessons I've been taking.  My teacher was wanting me to work on a simple monophonic piece, with some chords and note progressions, but I went ahead and threw in some rhythm and bass to give it some oomph, lol.  I'm supposed to have another lesson this afternoon; I'll see what he thinks of it.  Mostly likely, he'll want me to keep working on this.

My comp teacher is a pretty cool guy.  He asked me what kinds of music I like, and I told him that I really enjoyed a lot of Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy music.  After a quick online search, he downloaded the original version of "One Winged Angel," listened to a bit at a time, and was able to tell me how different sections of the song was pieced together.  o_o
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:39:51 am by tetsaru arigashi »

prominence

• God-Emperor
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • A little bit of rhythm and a lot of soul
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:46 am »
Las time i tried playing one winged angel for a teacher, they told me they thought it was from scooby doo.
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.  -Dune-

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • How Was Your Eye Surgery, Chaos-Prostitute?
    • The Guillo Dance (Blog)
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 07:46:51 am »
I used to be able to play piano, quite well at that, but then I stopped taking lessons because my wrists started falling off.

I forgot about that until I tried playing one of the pianos in our music building. Ow pain ow, it still hurts a day later, ow pain.

Fuck you status ailments.
"The American people have spoken. And they said: 'Durr, I likes chocomut ice cream'"-The Onion

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 01:44:33 am »
Ok man, I've added a violin accompaniment that I'll be giving to my teacher this afternoon.  I was kinda rushed writing this, so I'm not entirely sure if it sounds that great... seems like the piano and violin are fighting for the melody at times, yet it has a nice effect imo...  but keep in mind, I'm still pretty new at this, and I still don't have a full copy of Finale yet, lol...  Anyway, lemme know what you think...