Author Topic: Something Fighting Game Related? In the Fighting Game Forum?  (Read 16733 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Something Fighting Game Related? In the Fighting Game Forum?
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:50:28 am »
That's illegal! You hafta spam about First Person Shooters here!

Right, so at Gaia Online, some ho-bag came into the Guilty Gear thread and started talking Engrish outta nowhere, like she was cool or some shit. Like typing in English was just not hip anymore; you gotta do it like they do in Japan, because that's good. She starts prattling about "Burijetto". My first thought:

Then I realize: "Oh wait, she means Bridget." Of course, I proceeded to tell her in a brutally honest fashion to stop spamming up the thread with faggotry. Of course, I just posted this picture with some commentary and went on my merry way.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Something Fighting Game Related? In the Fighting Game Fo
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 02:21:16 am »
Quote from: HGsIndestruc.Roommate
That's illegal! You hafta spam about First Person Shooters here!

Illegal? I dont think it is. It's a whole lotta fun. And it IS a fighting game. The topic doen't specify which KIND of fighting game... FPSes ARE fighting games too.
"Why are there two huge boob-like things on Kobayashi's head?" - Poemy ~ Puni Puni Poemy
"Coolie!" - Su ~ Love Hina
Just callz me:
~Prezident Bakunyuu-Baka-Sensei-Chan~

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 03:27:35 pm »
You dare insult Bridgette's manliness by comparing it to Mr. Drag Queen of all Saiyans?[/whiny pretentious nerd voice] :bigtran

What I'm thinking of is why the heck someone would add an 'etto at the end of Bridget's name.  Wait, I know why.  It's because they want to sound cool.

Unfortunetly for them, InvincibleRoomate has a +5 resistance to Wapanese skills, and can block tofu with cheeseburgers and other American foods.

I do like the picture very much.  Any chance you could make it into a sweet banner?  Like candy-esque for the eyes?

Quote from: Bgrmystr2
Illegal? I dont think it is. It's a whole lotta fun. And it IS a fighting game. The topic doen't specify which KIND of fighting game... FPSes ARE fighting games too.

FPSes aren't first person fighting games.  They're first person shooting games.  Now that you mention it, we could rename the forum to be the "Video Games" forum.  My biggest fear of that is that topics like "Tetris is cool!" or "hey guys super bomberman" would come up too often.

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 05:35:27 pm »
Quote from: Hyperguy

FPSes aren't first person fighting games.  They're first person shooting games.  Now that you mention it, we could rename the forum to be the "Video Games" forum.  My biggest fear of that is that topics like "Tetris is cool!" or "hey guys super bomberman" would come up too often.

Erm... fighting with guns! LOL! True to the point though.

Topics like those? You wouldn't see me in 'em very much at all... so, i think its fine because the type of fighting is not specified... and it IS called fighting... what we're doing in Iraq... But I don't think anyone is pulling a Chun-Li roundhouse kick to their (the bad guys) faces... It's all 150calibur auto-rifles and stuff...

Did I say that we were fighting in Iraq? Oh, yeah. I did. Ok.
"Why are there two huge boob-like things on Kobayashi's head?" - Poemy ~ Puni Puni Poemy
Just callz me:

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Super Mario Wonder
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 06:11:26 pm »
Any English word ending in an "ett" sound japanizes to 'etto'. Not just the name Bridget.  Applet, bet, blanket, outlet, etc all end in *etto.  Don't ask me why, they just do.

By the way, Tetris IS cool!

Baka!

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 10:20:23 pm »
I think its really fun and not spam because he does have a point you didnt specify...
"Im SOOOORY NAAAARUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"     *bing*

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 10:29:08 pm »
You dare insult Bridgette's manliness by comparing it to Mr. Drag Queen of all Saiyans?[/whiny pretentious nerd voice] :bigtran

What I'm thinking of is why the heck someone would add an 'etto at the end of Bridget's name.  Wait, I know why.  It's because they want to sound cool.

Unfortunetly for them, InvincibleRoomate has a +5 resistance to Wapanese skills, and can block tofu with cheeseburgers and other American foods.

I do like the picture very much.  Any chance you could make it into a sweet banner?  Like candy-esque for the eyes?

Sweet banner-ness is in the works even as we speak. Expect it to appear in your banner thread tonight. And for the record, Tetris is spectacular (but The Next Tetris is sexy) and that RPG battle thing is bullshit, no matter what anyone says. Even Hyperguy could say the opposite and I'd still call it bullshit.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Cole Tyger

• The Dark Lord of Overkill
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Master of the K-girl Fanfic
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 12:08:26 am »

And for the record, Tetris is spectacular (but The Next Tetris is sexy) and that RPG battle thing is bullshit, no matter what anyone says. Even Hyperguy could say the opposite and I'd still call it bullshit.

why do you think i sicked unicron on them?

Arizona

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • If I get killed it's your fault!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 12:27:20 am »

I don't see that as being a big problem, seeing as how it's not as if the forum is overflowing with new topics in the first place.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 02:56:57 pm »
so, i think its fine because the type of fighting is not specified... and it IS called fighting...

Quote from: Baka!
I think its really fun and not spam because he does have a point you didnt specify...

I didn't specify because it's implied.  Games in which you fight melee style are generally catergorized as fighting games, whereas games where you shoot are usually shooting games, or in the case of first person shooting, FPS.

Besides, what yall were doing wasn't so much fighting games or first person shooting.  Yall were role playing, which is fine.

Quote from: JG00
By the way, Tetris IS cool!

Sooo cool!

Sweet banner-ness is in the works even as we speak. Expect it to appear in your banner thread tonight.

Jawesome. I look forward to it.  Will pay 50 blue rupees.

Quote from: Captain Crotchspike
I don't see that as being a big problem, seeing as how it's not as if the forum is overflowing with new topics in the first place.

Good point.  I've changed the Fighting Game Forum's title to reflect it's ability to hold nonfighting game discussion. Using big words like reflect, ability, and hold make me feel like a scientist. O_o

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 03:42:08 pm »

Sweet banner-ness is in the works even as we speak. Expect it to appear in your banner thread tonight.

Jawesome. I look forward to it.  Will pay 50 blue rupees.

It's a bit late, but you best get ready to pay up. My bannerz are like  :hcb  :f  :hs

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 05:10:59 pm »
Quote from: Cole Tyger

And for the record, Tetris is spectacular (but The Next Tetris is sexy) and that RPG battle thing is bullshit, no matter what anyone says. Even Hyperguy could say the opposite and I'd still call it bullshit.

why do you think i sicked unicron on them?

Well, I'll just jump in and say...
"Look, if you don't like it, don't go in the topic. And if your gonna hate on it, leave well enough alone, Ya' know? Can we have fun without ruination? That's all I ask. It's, at least, decent fun for us..."

so, i think its fine because the type of fighting is not specified... and it IS called fighting...

Quote from: Baka!

I didn't specify because it's implied.  Games in which you fight melee style are generally catergorized as fighting games, whereas games where you shoot are usually shooting games, or in the case of first person shooting, FPS.

Besides, what yall were doing wasn't so much fighting games or first person shooting.  Yall were role playing, which is fine.

Know what? I figure, whatever it's called, the stuff goes here. Right?
Hmmm... I never thought about it as roleplaying... LOL, I didn't even think of the RPG (Role-playing game) title as actually standing for role playing... Sometimes, I forget things... ^_^; I guess we'll just leave it at that, huh?

I'm glad it's fine with you. I always randomly start that when I'm talkin' to someone... (Even in person, It'll pop up.)

I really needed to put all of that somewhere... (Thanks for lettin me put it there.)
Just callz me:

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 12:49:08 pm »
Halo sucks.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 05:33:24 pm »
nuh uh!  wolfenstein 3d is col!

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 09:36:10 pm »
lol hay guyz whuts goin on in this thread z0mg

P.S. Bridget-Chan is soooo cute ^_^

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 12:27:56 am »
LOL FAG

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 12:53:15 pm »
lol you shouldn't talk about me that way you meanie :(

By the way I'm back people, I had a brief hiatus from any and all forums I post at because of music stuffs.

I forgot my password before posting my burichan /b banter.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 04:49:13 pm »
Welcome back, Bill!

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 08:38:41 pm »
Nice to see you again HG.

I miss our interesting conversations - you get on AIM anymore?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 12:20:10 am »
Our intrepid webmaster is currently very busy with stuff, so is on AIM less.