Author Topic: Ragnarok Online: Recruitment system  (Read 2731 times)

Regdren

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Ragnarok Online: Recruitment system
« on: August 22, 2006, 07:57:00 am »
Now that the ad is up and our guild can be considered to be actively recruiting, we should sort out how we're going to do it. By this I mean, when someone expresses an interest in joining the guild, how we are going to determine whether this person is allowed to join.

If this is someone that we've already known for a while or from a trusted guild, it might be okay to just let him in right away, have him sign up and everything. This discussion is more aimed towards strangers who want to join.

As stated in the ad, our guild stresses two criteria for recruitment. This person should be active, in that he shows up on RO fairly reliably, and he should be fun to hang out with, which is as subjective as a criteria could possibly be.

Measuring the latter is the main reason I'm starting this thread. How should we decide on whether someone is cool enough to hang out with us? Should we just talk with him for a while? Take him with us in parties? Give him a temporary invite to let him participate in guild chat? How long should the trial period be, and who makes the final decision? Would it be put to a vote? Would Hyperguy decide? Would Hyperguy and anyone else he considers qualified be able to make the decision? How easy/difficult should it be to kick out someone who doesn't look right for our guild?

I'm purposefully leaving out my opinions on how it should be done for now; I'm more interested in hearing what the rest of the guild has to say on this. I am aware that this has been discussed before, but we've never really had a recruitment system put in writing and now might be a good time to do it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 08:33:03 am by Regdren »
Epic ninja maneuver: smoke bomb during windy day technique!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: Ragnarok Online: Recruitment system
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:55:05 am »
A vote would be fine with me, but ultimately the decision should be left to Hyperguy, seeing as it's his guild. A trial period sounds like an alright idea too. I'm thinking a week's trial would do it.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Regdren

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: Ragnarok Online: Recruitment system
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:56:19 am »
The recruitment process seems to be worked out. Since it was mostly discussed in-game, here's how it works for anyone who missed it.

Anyone who wants to join the guild is given temporary newcomer status and invited into the guild. Over about half a week we talk with the newcomers in guild chat, maybe go monster hunting, and bring him with us in a WoE event. Since more of us are online for WoE than other times during the week, we discuss whether the newcomers are right for the guild or not right after WoE. Once the final decision is made, the newcomer is inducted or booted, depending on the decision.

I'd like to suggest holding off on giving new recruits free stuff until they're officially in the guild...unless it's something trivial like jellopies.
Epic ninja maneuver: smoke bomb during windy day technique!