Author Topic: 007 video games  (Read 5417 times)

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
007 video games
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:08:48 pm »
I don't have too many,but i wondered what people thought of them.I only have 3 currently but the one i like most is Everything or Nothing.

I really liked how EoN felt like a Bond movie,what with Pierce Brosnon as Bond,Judi Dench as M,John Cleese as Q,and Richard Keil returning as Jaws.I also though Willem DaFoe was outstanding as the main villian.I think he should be in an actual Bond movie sometime,he'd be great!

Also,i thought the Q Spider was a neat gadget,and usefull,too.

I also really liked the 2 player co-op mission mode.It was great that they made 4 characters to pick from,plus the fact you can unlock Mya,Miss Nagai and Serena for play in this mode,as well!That boss battle against that guy in the huge turret was pretty hard.It took me and a friend a few tries before we finally beat that guy.

elevator_kart

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Re: 007 video games
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:21:13 pm »
The best 007 games that I played are:
James Bond: The Duel (Genesis)
James Bond 007: NightFire (Xbox)

I have other ones but I don't really like them.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:25:56 pm »
Goldeneye for N64 was an awesome game, even though Perfect Dark owned it later on...  it seemed like a major turning point for first-person shooter games.  the cheats were fun too, i still remember DK mode, lol...

i'm afraid that's about the only 007 i've played, though, as i've got Halo 2, Dirge of Cerberus, and hopefully the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2007 to keep me busy in the shooter department.

hmm, UT "2007..." does that count as a 007 game??  lol...

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 03:39:22 pm »
The best 007 games that I played are:
James Bond: The Duel (Genesis)
James Bond 007: NightFire (Xbox)

I have other ones but I don't really like them.
What makes these stand out?

I personally have never played a Bond game except for Goldeneye, which I hated 'cause it was a FPS.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

importgamer13

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 04:30:20 pm »
The other two i have are...

Goldeneye (N64):
this one i was interested in,because i loved the movie.At the time,it's graphics were great,but games since then are of better graphics,and include CG scenes,etc.A nice touch on this game was the fact that when you beat the game,extra missions opened up,such as trying to get the Golden Gun in a temple to put an end to a returning Baron Samedi,and a few others.The multiplayer deathmatch modes also featured Samedi,Jaws,Mayday and Oddjob as hidden playable characters.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent (Gamecube):
(It's set in an alternate Bond world)
You play an MI6 agent who got his right eye destroyed by Dr.No.You get Goldfinger to give you a cybernetic golden eye,which you can use to see through walls and other nice abilities.M gives you a review and finds that you're too brutal,and she fires you from MI6.You go to work for Goldfinger,who is waging war on Dr.No.Also featured in this game are Oddjob,Pussy Galore,Scaramanga,Xenia Onnatop and Number One/Ernst Stavro Blofeld.Scaramanga gives you upgrades for your golden eye.I liked the whole bad guy theme,as well as the various two-weapon gunfighting you can do...some combos are a Mamba 12 gauge in one hand,with a PPK in the other,or even a Desert Eagle in one hand,a Mag Rail in the other.You also get bonus points for being ruthless,such as...an enemy is hanging from a ledge.Bash his hands to make him fall to his death,you get bonus points for that.Also,Blofeld in this game is based on the Donald Pleasence 'Blofeld' from You Only Live Twice.Features Judi Dench as M and Christopher Lee as Scaramanga!

This game was left open for a sequel,but when the game didn't sell well,the sequel was scrapped,and they began making From Russia with Love.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:13:01 pm by importgamer13 »

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:43:07 pm »
Goldeneye was the original man. Did anyone see that Spiked Humor 007 movie? Lemme fetch it real quick:

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/42721/Great_Golden_Eye_Recreation.html

elevator_kart

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:50:59 am »
What makes these stand out?

I personally have never played a Bond game except for Goldeneye, which I hated 'cause it was a FPS.

Hehe.... I like James Bond: The Duel (Genesis)
because it was my first time to Focus on James Bond and it's really rare to find a 2D James Bond game
+ I like the difficulty of the game (It's soo Hard)

And about the other one James Bond 007: NightFire (Xbox)
I like the wepons, stages and the story of the game :)

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:53:22 pm »
I have to go with Goldeneye.  That game was great, I loved the play style.  Nightfire is also fun.

ragnabot

• Needs to lurkmoar
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 06:54:51 am »
Only 007 I got was the one on PSX... I think it was the World is Not Enough. It was a good enough FPS for a dead console.

-----

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 10:41:02 am »
Oh how could I forget Nightfire, that was my favourite one after Goldeneye.

Especially the multiplayer, BONG.

importgamer13

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 01:36:31 pm »
Oh how could I forget Nightfire, that was my favourite one after Goldeneye.

Especially the multiplayer, BONG.

Yup,last night i went out and got Nightfire and Agent Under Fire for PS2 at a used store.Those two weren't too bad.

I liked all the classic Bond villians/girls Nightfire had for Multiplayer mode. ^_^