Author Topic: I WON THE TOINAMENT!  (Read 3670 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
I WON THE TOINAMENT!
« on: June 18, 2005, 10:09:11 pm »
...Is what I'd be saying if I wasn't eliminated in the quarter finals of the recent Tekken 5 tournament that was hosted at the local Gamers video game store.  Nevertheless, I had a blast.

I was a bit nervous, and there was a good bit of tension and anxiousness in the air before the tournament since everyone was carrying around thoughts of "OMG I'm best Tekken player in the world I can't lose and I'm going to win or else I'll win even if I lose I'm going to win you guys suck I won!"

I know I did.  More importantly though, I went because I wanted to play against skilled players.  I was pretty happy with the level of competition at the tournament, and even more satisfied that there wasn't anyone there who's skill was out of my reach.  It really all came down to who was playing better today, and it looks like someone else was playing a little better than me.

I mostly always play as Wang, and the matches I did have were either very close or just flat out one-sided.  I think my biggest problem is that I played as Wang too much.  There's some characters you shouldn't ever play as Wang against, like most of the zippy fast and balanced characters.  Other than that, he owns.

He's got a rock solid defense and despite his slow speed he has many attacks that hit fast.  Not only that, but most of his moves hit middle, so most everyone who was blocking low would get hit almost gauranteed.

There sure were a lot of crazy people there too.  There was this one black guy who'd always say "SOLID" right after the end of every match.  It always sounded like he was saying "Sawwed" too, so I awkwardly asked him just what the hell he was saying.

Other than that, there were mostly a bunch of big, quiet gamer dorks.  I've got a personality that clashes with those types of people, so I was I kept quiet and mostly spent all of the time I wasn't playing watching other people's matches.

This one guy who was hanging around and wasn't in the tournament at all challenged me to a few casual matches, which I had a lot of fun playing.  He was telling me all sorts of stuff like how he'd not good enough to play, and about how he's been spending all of this time watching other players and learning their weaknesses.  Bullshit!

In middle of one of our matches he was all like "I've found your weakness!" and was about to attack me and end the match and I was all like "BAM! Toasty motherfucker!" and I countered his move and put a sock in his mouth.  "Found my weakness" my ass!  You just got served nigga!

By the time the tournament was over I felt really drained.  All of that nervousness I had earlier sapped most of my energy and when I came home today I felt like a zombie.

I think I should have talked more about Tekken 5, since this really just sounds like a journal entry.  God, a moderator should really delete or lock this thread, since it doesn't have much fighting game content!

But this is the Horum baby!  Stupid is as stupid posts! O_o

Cole Tyger

• The Dark Lord of Overkill
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Master of the K-girl Fanfic
I WON THE TOINAMENT!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 07:35:08 am »
looks like you need more sleep and less caffine.

but then again i think the reverse would be better for you.