your favorite console

Nintendo
6 (37.5%)
Play Station
6 (37.5%)
Xbox
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?  (Read 14680 times)

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 03:07:52 pm »
My favorite games for Saturn included X-Men, Children of the Atom, Night Warriors, Dark Stalkers revenge, and a whole slew of others.

For Dreamcast, it's any Capcom Fighting Game, and a few Sonic Games.

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 03:21:37 pm »
My favorite games for Saturn included X-Men, Children of the Atom, Night Warriors, Dark Stalkers revenge, and a whole slew of others.

For Dreamcast, it's any Capcom Fighting Game, and a few Sonic Games.

Night Warriors,that sounds familiar...holy crud!I DO have that one!Mine has the case,but not the instruction book.I didn't have room on the shelf with my Street Fighter games,so i had it on a different shelf....i'll have to fix my above post...

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 10:30:52 pm »
I am a Nintendo fan to the end. I was born on the Nintendo side, and I will die on the Nintendo side. I don't care about graphics. I don't care about names. I don't even care about the fact that the Wii's controller is shaped like a remote controller and has a rumble pack built in. Once Super Smash Bros. Brawl arrives,

WII WILL CONQUER.

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 11:44:55 pm »
EEK!!!  MORE GIANT RED CAPITAL LETTERS!!!  >_<;

*gets smash-attacked and 'SPLODES off the edge of the screen*

FUCK, i did it again... >_>;

*respawns back on the glowy floating platform*

but yeah, if super smash bros. melee kicked as much ass on the gamecube, i can't wait to see how the new one will stack up.  i saw screenshots of wario, that one knight dude from the kirby games (forgot his name - i haven't played any kirby games...), what appeared to be kid icarus, and some blonde chick in a blue outfit...(samus out of her armor, maybe??)  anyone know if there'll be any other new characters?  i'd love to see waluigi in there - he was always my favorite in mario tennis...

...which reminds me - waluigi hasn't had his own game yet!  even worse, i think he's only been in multiplayer- and sports-oriented games, too...(mario party, mario tennis, mario golf, etc.)  the guy needs his own damn game!!!  >_<;

i do admit, though...  "nintendo WII???"  i can just imagine it...

"son, what are you doing in your bedroom with your door closed??"

"aw, nuthin' mom, just playin' with my Wii..."

i swear, when i saw the "nunchaku"-style controller, i thought it looked like some weird remote-controlled vibrator or something...

that, and the ps3 "boomerang" controller looks like a lesbian sextoy as well, with those long-ass handles...  >_<;

oh well, as long as the games are good and fun to play...  =/

importgamer13

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 12:27:22 am »
I am a Nintendo fan to the end. I was born on the Nintendo side, and I will die on the Nintendo side. I don't care about graphics. I don't care about names.

Myself,i consider myself a Nintendo fan in the sense that i like some of their games,and i have alot of their systems,but i don't consider myself what people call a 'fanboy' of any system out there.

I have many systems,ranging from NES,N64,Genesis,GBA,PS2,Xbox,Gamecube and more (I didn't feel like listing them all,it's unnessecary,but i have many more than just those).That being said,I don't prefer any one system over the other.I only buy a system if it has games i'm interested in.I buy a system for it's games.Not because of the company,or because it's 'popular',i don't feel the need to buy something so that someone thinks i'm cool,or what have you.I also will not buy a system 'just to say i have it',either.Why would anyone buy a system,and have no games for it at all,but brag "Oh i have it but i don't play it.The games suck.'?Unfortunately,i've met people like this,and it's just not my thing.

Of course,if it's a collector item,say if you have a Neo Geo and you don't play it,but you keep it in excellent shape,because of how valuable it is,that's a different story.That's similar to buying an action figure and leaving it in the package,that i understand.

Here's an example of the kind of thing i mean,when i say that I buy a system for it's games....when Gamecube first came out,i didn't get one for a long time,because i didn't see any games that i was interested in.So i waited.While some of my pals bought a Gamecube right away,just to get the new system on the market,I waited a long time,but i kept my eyes open,since things have a way of changing sometimes.

Then came the news that Capcom was bringing many Resident Evil titles to the Cube.Well,THAT got my attention.I saw some pics,and the day the remake of Resident Evil came out,i bought the game,player guide,a Cube and a memory card.Not long after that,Resident Evil Zero and PSO came out on Cube,and i got those,too.Eventually i parted with PSO when the upgrade,PSO Plus came out,which i preordered,since i knew that would be a limited release.(PSO Plus was only out in the USA for only 4 fricken months before it got discontinued.No stores carried it after that,and many stores like EB and Gamestop confirmed that PSO Plus was an extremely limited run,and most of my pals had to get it off Ebay or other online stores after that.)

Since i got my Cube,my Cube library has expanded to include titles such as Resident Evil 2,3 and Code Veronica X,as well as Rampage Total Destruction,XMen Legends 1 and 2, Hunter The Reckoning,PSO 3 Card Revolution, TMNT1-3 and TMNT Mutant Melee,as well as a Gameboy Player to play all my GBC and GBA games on my tv.Like i said,things change.
When the Gamecube first came out,it looked like i'd never get one,but they came out with many games on it that i enjoy alot.It's been like that for many of my systems.

So,for me,it's not the company that sells me on a system,it's the games.If the system has games i'm into,i will buy the system.I'm able to find games on many systems that i enjoy.

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 02:44:11 am »
i swear, when i saw the "nunchaku"-style controller, i thought it looked like some weird remote-controlled vibrator or something...

It does have a built-in rumble pack...

Meat

• Unlockable
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • |ಠ_ಠ|
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 03:37:28 pm »
The preview vid for the new Smash Bros. game was pretty cool.  There were some crazy looking super attacks and Solid Snake's cameo blew me away. 

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7578/samusbllast13vw.gif
Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?

Samus too. :P

KILLING KICK!!!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 09:14:17 pm »
that, and the ps3 "boomerang" controller looks like a lesbian sextoy as well, with those long-ass handles...  >_<;

The pre-E3 boomerang controller literally got laughed off the production plans.  The PS3 controller will instead be the same size, shape, and black color as a PS2 dualshock, except its wireless and will have "3" instead of "2"

Waluigi shines in Mario Kart Double Dash (which in itself is a great game, even in single player mode), not only for being a great character choice but for also having one of the most fun stages named after him.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 11:41:05 pm »
Adam West didn't ionly name the Wii, but he also did the controller design for the PS3 at first.

The power of the Playarang.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

scarab

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:24 am »
the 360 already has a good foothold, along with the nintendo DS.  i'm afraid that the PS3 will just be a bit too expensive to really corner the market at the beginning, but should regain steam after the initial holiday season release.  the PS2 is still going strong ("God of War 2").  i imagine that the Wii will be nicely priced and do pretty good for itself.

oh...don't forget Guitar Hero 2, which is scheduled for PS2.
Bang, bang...I shot you down...

LordRyunson

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 03:53:05 pm »
I don't know what to go for primarly of the expensies involved. Hopefully some companies, like Capcom, will release some of their old arcade games for the home systems of the future.

Jusu

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Shiggity Shiggity Shwa!
    • Jusu's Art Gallery
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 02:57:21 pm »
I'ma have to give my vote for Playstation. When bored, I always spend my time giving cops some trouble in GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. Heck, I even have dancing sessions with Dance Dance Revolution and practice my fingering skills (not the type you might think) with Beatmania. I'm heck-a-lot into music.
Let's get to work, Battle Shark!

TheS3rpent

• The Serpent!?
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • The SPACE
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 04:28:17 pm »
Right now the PS2 is the system, just because of it's esxtensive library of games. But forthe next generation, im gonna say Wii. It just seems to me that it's a new step for gamers. And Nintendo has the virtual console and Online play!

Smash Bros Brawl
My signature

importgamer13

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2006, 09:10:31 pm »
For me,it'd be impossible to just like 1 system/company.I enjoy many games on many consoles.I could never favor one over all the others.Some examples(But by no means a complete list,i have too many to list)...

Recent systems:
Xbox 360: I'm getting one in October,but i played my pal's 360,and i already like DOA4 and Rumble Roses.I'm also interested in Elder Scrolls Oblivion and the upcoming Phantasy Star Universe(it got pushed back for 360,but word is Sega is adding some special options,possibly content for the 360 version).

Gamecube: PSO Plus,PSO 3,Zelda Collector Edition,a bunch of the Res Evils, Megaman X Collection,MGS Twin Snakes,TMNT's,Sonic Gems Collection and the Gameboy Player.(I have bad eyesight,so i prefer to play any and all Gameboy titles on my tv when possible)

Xbox: Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow,Hunter the Reckoning Redeemer,Star wars battle Front 2 and KOTOR 1 and 2,and Capcom Classics Collection.

PS2: Resident Evil 4 and Outbreak 1 and 2,Castlevania Lament and Curse,Megaman Anniversary Collection,MMX7 and 8,MGS 2 and 3,KOF 2000-2003,Sonic Mega Collection Plus,Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

DS: I only have Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow.I'm looking forward to Castlevania Portrait of Ruin in October ALOT!

GBA: Any of the Castlevanias,River City Ransom EX,Megaman Battle Network series,
Megaman and Bass,Dragon Ball Advance Adventures and DB GT Transformation,  Phantasy Star Collection and Super Mario Advance 1 and 4.

Those are just recent systems,and i have alot of faves i listed.It'd be hard to pick any one of those systems over all the others.Even more so with the older systems, even if i didn't consider my import games.I think it's okay for people to have more than one fave system,but that's just me,i guess...

ADDED: 
PSP: Megaman Powered Up,Megaman Maverick Hunter X,Metal Gear Acid,Xmen Legends 2,and Star Wars battlefront 2
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:29:06 pm by importgamer13 »

boshy

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Anonymous would be proud.
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 12:11:13 am »
importgamer13, are you a castlevania fan?

importgamer13

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 10:31:29 am »
importgamer13, are you a castlevania fan?
Yup! ^_^ I have never played a CV game that i didn't like.Here's what i have...

NES Classic Series-Castlevania (GBA) (I like the Save option on it alot!)
CV2- Simon's Quest (NES)
CV3- Dracula's Curse (NES)
Super CV4 (SNES)
CV- Dracula X (SNES)
CV- Bloodlines (Genesis)
CV64 (N64)
CV- Legacy of Darkness (N64)
CV- Symphony of the Night (PS1)
CV- Chronocles (PS1)
Akumajou Dracula X- Nocturne in the Moonlight (Import Saturn version of SotN)
The CV Adventure (GB)
CV2- Belmont's Revenge (GB)
CV Legends (GB/SGB)
CV- Circle of the Moon (GBA)
CV- Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
CV- Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
CV- Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
CV- Lament of Innocence (PS2)
CV- Curse of Darkness (PS2)

I'm looking forward to CV- Portrait of Ruin (DS) in October,and i'm taking steps to get Dracula X- Rondo of Blood for PC Engine.I have a TG-16,i just need to get the upgrade parts to play the import games (a friend is helping me with that,he's an import gamer also,he already did the same thing before we met),then i just need to get the game itself,and i know of a number of stores that carry it used frequently.

boshy

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Anonymous would be proud.
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 12:49:28 am »
and did you finish all thats castlevanias?

importgamer13

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 10:19:59 am »
and did you finish all thats castlevanias?
Nope...
I still have yet to beat Castlevania 64,i have never beaten Legacy of Darkness with Cornell or Henry,and i haven't beaten my Import Saturn version of SotN either.

Admittedly,all the other CV's i beat i only beat using a cheat device.I'm embarrassed about it,alot of the CV's are too hard for me,so i can barely get anywhere without a cheat device.If i use a cheat device to beat a game i let it be known,so that people don't think i'm some kinda whiz at video games.I'm pretty terrible at video games, but often i like the charaters and plots to many games,thus i try to play the games,even if they're harder than hell for me.So,when i am able to beat a game without cheating,such as Import Sailor Moon R,Import Rockman Mega World,River City Ransom EX,or more recently,Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2,i'm quite proud.

I try to get as far as I can in a game before using a cheat device,but in most games,i can't even get past level 1 or 2 without a cheat device.However,with many of the CV games,i could actually beat the first few bosses or so before needing to use a cheat device.