your favorite console

Nintendo
6 (37.5%)
Play Station
6 (37.5%)
Xbox
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?  (Read 14682 times)

boshy

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Anonymous would be proud.
Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:20:18 pm »
With the new console generation will arrive new existential question? what is your favorite console

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: Nintendo, Play Station or Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:39:17 pm »
Rumble Roses XX and Dead or Alive 4 are already out on X-Box 360.  It's for that reason alone that I will be getting an X-Box 360.

boshy

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • Anonymous would be proud.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 05:59:06 pm »
and nextly Dead or alive nude  Volleyball :smalltran :rupee

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:00:13 pm »
and nextly Dead or alive nude  Volleyball :smalltran :rupee
Old news. As someone else pointed out in another thread, Nintendo's been doing the nudie Samus thing for 20 years.

Plus their games are just simply better.

GONE

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »
Gone
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 03:04:13 pm by LEEN!!@#$ »

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 10:21:49 pm »
I don't really have a favorite system,since i can usually find something on a bunch of different systems that i like.I currently have...

NES+Famicom to NES Convertor
SNES+Super Gameboy+Sufami Turbo
N64
Gamecube+Gameboy Player
GBA SP
Nintendo DS
Sega Genesis+Power Base Convertor
Game Gear
Sega Saturn (american)
Sega Saturn (japanese) + 4MB RAM Cart
Dreamcast
XBox
PS1
PS2
PSP

so,not only do my american games keep me busy but i have a bunch of japanese Famicom,Super Famicom,Sufami Turbo,Gameboy,GBA,Megadrive/Genesis,Game Gear,Saturn and PS1 games to keep me busy,also.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:25:44 pm by importgamer13 »

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:15:12 am »
I have no favourite system, as I'm a firm believer that it's the games that make a system, and there's plenty on each console to give them their own merits.  I'll take Sony's PS2 for RPGs, Nintendo's Gamecube for group play and their DS for portable gaming, and the XBox for some pretty titles (DOA comes to mind).

importgamer13

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 10:46:39 am »
I have no favourite system, as I'm a firm believer that it's the games that make a system, and there's plenty on each console to give them their own merits. 

I agree on that.I don't buy a system "Just to say I have the (insert system name here)"...
If i buy a system,it's because it has games that i'm interested in.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 09:47:23 am »
It also helps that I have those 3 consoles :)

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 03:28:52 pm »
I am a Sony Whore.

Now and Forever. I bought a PS1 back in the day and I've been dedicated ever since, Nintendo is too gimmicky for me, and I could give a crap less about Handhelds, so Sony is my girl, I love her like a milkshake!

importgamer13

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 04:56:03 pm »
Nintendo is too gimmicky for me

'gimmicky'eh?

Well,i guess one could view Nintendo as that.Myself,with the DS,the whole touch screen thing for me is a mixed bag.Personally,i could have done without a touch screen gag,but i have two DS games that i really like(and they're the only two i own...lol),Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team and Castlevania- Dawn of Sorrow.I bought the system for those two games,but meh,that's me,i guess...(though i am excited the DS is getting Final Fantasy 3 later this year...it's the actual FF3 from japan,the first FF game that used he job system way back in the Famicom/NES days,so that will be cool.)

With the Gamecube there's a number of games i play on it,but i also have the Gameboy Player so i can play my GBA games on my tv.I have bad eyesight(a rare eye disease left me almost totally blind in one eye when i was 4,plus i'm nearsighted and have horrible night vision),and it's great that with Gameboy Player,i can play GBA games longer.I have almost 17 USA GBA games,and one japanese GBA game,so i get alot of use out of my Gamecube and it's Gameboy Player.When i look at a tiny GBA screen,i can only focus on it for maybe ten minutes,before i have to put it down.The PSP screen is much bigger,and i'm hoping they'll make an accessory someday to play PSP games on the tv.

I keep my GBA SP around for some road trips,when i'm not watching movies on my PSP or playing the 3 PSP games i have.For older Gameboy games,i play them on my SNES with my Super Gameboy adaptor(i like messing with the colors alot,particularly with Megaman 1-5 and the 3 old Castlevania games,though the old Bionic Commando is a great game for the old Gameboy).

Sorry this reply was so long,but the post really made me stop and think for awhile.To each their own,i guess...

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 03:01:23 am »
well, i've always been a nintendo fan, but i agree for the most part that it's the games you buy for, not the system.  lately i've only been playing my PS2 because of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Soul Calibur 3, and i'll probably still be on it for a while when Final Fantasy XII and Phantasy Star Universe come out.  i've also bought the limited edition version of Halo 2, even though i don't own an Xbox or an Xbox-360 (yet).  and yes, like many other gamers, i am STILL waiting for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to come out, ever since i reserved it back in AUGUST.  i agree that a lot of nintendo's efforts to expand upon gaming experiences have to be taken with a grain of salt (i wasn't too keen on the whole GBA-Gamecube link thingy or the e-Reader), but look at the things that HAVE worked - the analog stick which revolutionized gaming as we know it.  the rumble pack, which is now built into most controllers nowadays.  hell, nintendo even started the whole handheld-gaming trend that continues today.  and we can't forget the classic gaming characters:  Link, Donkey Kong, Samus...  FRIGGIN' MARIO.  who doesn't love mario?!?  THESE are the reasons why i continue to be a loyal nintendo fan.  time will tell if the Revolution and its controller will be successful or not.  but yeah, definitely buy for the games, not the systems themselves.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 03:13:21 am »
PS2 got the goods, man. Disgaea, Atelier Iris, Kingdom Hearts 2, Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy X... all kindsa good shit!
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

importgamer13

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 10:11:49 am »
I'm hoping Phantasy Star Universe for PS2 isn't delayed much longer.I had hear about two months ago the japan release got delayed,because they're putting a few touch ups on the game.It looks and sounds like it will be a good game so far!

(Next,i'll draw from games i own...)
The PS2 does have alot of good games.Some of my faves are:
Resident Evil Outbreak and Outbreak File 2
Resident Evil 4(I have the premium edition)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (Metal Gear 1 and 2 rock!)
Hunter The Reckoning- Wayward
Castlevania- Lament of Innocence
Megaman X7 and X8
Syphon Filter- Omega Strain

By the same token,there's some Xbox games i really like:
Doom 3 Limited Collector's Edition (Yay!Ultimate Doom and Doom 2!)
Halo 2 Collector's Edition
Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (4 player splitscreen!)
Hunter The Reckoning- Redeemer

And some Gamecube games as well:
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil Zero
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 Plus
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3- CARD Revolution
Tales of Symphonia

So i can usually find something on almots any system that i like,be it Nintendo, Playstation or Xbox.I'm saving up for and Xbox 360,and i'll wait and see what the PS3 launch price is(I've heard rumors from about $499-$699...),and i'm currently not too excited about Revolution,i haven't heard what kind of games are going to be made for it,plus the ROM download service they have has listed in magazines that they're mostly Nintendo games(Not third party games like Capcom or Konami,at least not yet),and on top of that,they're all USA releases,which means no import Famicom,Super Famciom titles,etc.It is good though,that (from what i heard) it will play Gamecube games,so i give it props for that.However,they didn't say if the Gameboy Player will work with the Revolution,so i may be keeping my Cube and Player for a long time...

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 03:00:04 pm »
It ain't called the Revolution anymore, importgamer13. It's now called Wii. Pronounced like Adam We.

The new name sucks.
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 08:51:17 pm »
Compared to "Revolution", "Wii" it does suck.  But it can't be any worse than Sony's naming scheme.  How about something new after 12 years?

By the way, Nintendo consoles do crash, as I've pulled off the trick in Metroid Prime twice.  Then again, Segas did it all the time, and even my new Sony coughed up once during DQ8.  No Xbox to compare against, but it does run on Windows CE so...

Wii will almost certainly not have compatible expansion ports to the GameCube, so your GB Player will not work with it.  Nintendo will instead likely offer GBA games for download.

Regarding PS3, if Sony, as you say, "makes good on their hardware promises", expect to throw $500-$600 into it.  Plus another $60 for a game.  Blu-ray technology is prohibitably expensive, the processors are all custom designed and built (unlike Nintendo and MS's more open architecture/hardware plans) plus Sony likes to throw a lot of extranous and hardly useful stuff into their machines for almost no purpose (notice that PS2s mount USB jacks which run up the price $5-10).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 06:23:41 pm by JG00 »

MAAAAJTD

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • http://www.geocities.com/dtjaaaamjs/games.html
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 04:54:27 am »
Out of those three, I tend to favor the PS2 since it has most of the games I like.

LordRyunson

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 09:22:11 pm »
I favor all games, even though I tend to play the Dreamcast every now and then. That was a fun system before it was shortened out. Loved the Saturn too.

importgamer13

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 10:46:33 pm »

Compared to "Revolution", "Wii" it does suck.  But it can't be any worse than Sony's naming scheme.  How about something new after 12 years?

IG13: ....yeah,I liked 'Revolution' better.

Wii will almost certainly not have compatible expansion ports to the GameCube, so your GB Player will not work with it.  Nintendo will instead likely offer GBA games for download.

IG13: ....In that case i'm keeping my Cube and Player.I don't want ROMs or downloads of games,i like to own the actual product,but,that's my own choice.

importgamer13

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 10:52:20 pm »
I favor all games, even though I tend to play the Dreamcast every now and then. That was a fun system before it was shortened out. Loved the Saturn too.

I still play my Saturn and Dreamcast also.

My DC games: Zombie Revenge,Street Fighter Alpha 3,King of Fighters Dream Match 99 and King of Fighters Evolution

My Saturn games USA: Resident Evil,Street Fighter The Movie,and a 3 pack of Daytona USA,Virtua Cop and Virtua fighter 2. (ADDED: Night Warriors)

My Saturn games Japan: Virtua Fighter CG Portrait series Vol.3 Akira Yuka,Dungeons and Dragons Collection,Akumajo Dracula X- Nocturne in the Moonlight,Rockman X3 and Sailor Moon SuperS- Various Emotion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 03:22:49 pm by importgamer13 »