Author Topic: YOU'RE ALREADY LAGGED. Hokuto no Ken Online!!  (Read 6069 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
YOU'RE ALREADY LAGGED. Hokuto no Ken Online!!
« on: August 19, 2009, 01:28:13 am »

http://www.hokutonoken-online.jp/

Key Features:

-State of the art PS1 Graphics
-You can ride a Motorcycle
-You can learn fighting styles from the Hokuto no Ken series.
-Grinding mobs isn't as bad when you can ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA
-You can wear a fucking TIGER MASK!
-Raoh is most likely a raid boss.
-Essentially, you adopt a role set in the Hokuto no Ken universe.  You can strive to be the next successor to the Hokuto no Ken fighting style, become a bandit, performer(I'm thinking what they mean by this is the acupuncture healers), and other profession based gameplay.

Will this be released in the U and S of A?
Most likely no.

How to play?
1. Use a VPN program to register a GungHo account.
2. Download fite gaem.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

AWESOME!! What's your character ingame, what server are you on?
I uh...Actually, haven't played it yet.  O_o
HOKUTO NO KEN ONLINE!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:38:21 am by Hyperguy »

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
Re: YOU'RE ALREADY LAGGED. Hokuto no Ken Online!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:06:36 pm »
What sorta advantage does a bandit have over a Hokuto no Ken master?

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »
Mohawks.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:38:01 pm »
In all seriousness though, I'd imagine being a bandit would grant you access to weapons, vehicles, techniques, and gangs good guys wouldn't be able to access.  You'd probably be able to rape and pillage also.

Read up some more on it.

It turns out that in order to simulate the post-apocalyptic time period of Hokuto no Ken, there's also a hunger system that requires the player to go out and (I presume) fight for food less their attacks aren't as effective from fatigue.  This mechanic was probably included to make players beat the shit out of each other more in order to survive.

Also of note, the game has no currency.  Just like in Hokuto no Ken where there's an entire breakdown of structured civilization the game forgoes a currency system and replaces it with a barter system.  Items are traded on a 1 for 1 basis, meaning that although some items might be more valuable each player has to trade an equal amount of items every exchange.

Edit: It's patching!  Though, to get it to play at all in addition to using a VPN I had to change system language to Japanese to fool the game into believing I was running a Japanese OS.  Geez.  Proxies aren't that bad.  Changing your locale temporarily isn't either.  But having to actually change your location, time, currency, and such to Japan?  Playing these imports is getting trickier and trickier.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:40:55 pm by Hyperguy »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:22:10 pm »
Though, to get it to play at all in addition to using a VPN I had to change system language to Japanese to fool the game into believing I was running a Japanese OS.  Geez.  Proxies aren't that bad.  Changing your locale temporarily isn't either.  But having to actually change your location, time, currency, and such to Japan?  Playing these imports is getting trickier and trickier.

Virtual PC for garbage like that. (Also helpful to maintain a Win98 platform for non-W2K-compatible games like VIPER-M1 and ON AIR)

If you're running 2000 or older, or Vista Home or Vista Home Premium you're SOL on this though.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 02:10:14 am »
Can you Nanto Seiken the shit out of people?