Author Topic: Connecting Wii to the Internet  (Read 3967 times)

Claver

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Connecting Wii to the Internet
« on: May 30, 2008, 10:45:23 am »
I've done this before, but sometimes the internet suddenly cuts off.  Last time my Wii mysteriously couldn't connect to the internet, I had to go fiddle with the modem.  Took me all day.  The only reason I managed to get things to work was because Hyperguy was able to talk me through the work.

Does anyone else experience this problem?  If you do or did, did you have a permanent solution to the problem?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Connecting Wii to the Internet
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:31:16 am »
If you've got 900MHz or 2.4GHz phones in your house, try unplugging the base units and removing batteries from the handhelds then see if your Wii connects better.  If so, get rid of those phones and replace them with 5.8GHz models.  900MHz and 2.4GHz signals interfere with 801.11b and 801.11g networks.

I had this problem.  When I first got my Wii I often couldn't connect and when I did it took me about 50 minutes to an hour to upgrade the system firmware.  After I replaced my phones the firmware upgrade takes about one to one to and a half minutes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:35:01 am by JG00 »

Parshias

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • Prinny dood...?
Re: Connecting Wii to the Internet
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »
Nintendo's support on their website often suggests changing your router channel to 1 or 11.  I did that after being unable to connect the the shop channel for a week (yet being able to play Mario Kart) and everything works incredibly smoothly now.  If that doesn't work, I have good experiences with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, which I had to use while at college since the wifi there doesn't reach the dorms, and when it does, is heavily protected.