Author Topic: Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash  (Read 91142 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 07:16:25 pm »
I hear the online blows. Laggy as shit, it completely changes the way you'd have to play. Don't even give it a second though. The best XBox Live players go to tournaments and get the living hell owned out of them by people who don't play online.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:52 pm »
 :sho  :p  :a  [ :s+ :hs] :a [ :s+ :hs] :a [ :s+ :hs]...

So I'm guessing the PS2 Reload isn't online. =/
Nothing on PS2's online, what gives? o_O

SF Anniversary Collection, CFE (which sucks ASS), GG, etc etc (Tekken 5?)
Ugly.

At least MGS3 Subsistence's going to be online, holy shit that's probably the only thing Xbox isn't going to get.

I can't play with the Xbox remote. ._.
I sucked at arc sticks more, though. Last saturday I told someone, "I'm not playing with that controller, I'd rather go and play with a stick"
I did.

I owned. xD

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2006, 09:44:25 pm »
Found this from a reliable source. Damn, that completely kills the Slash tier thing (though the bit about Ky having an easy corner thing is still true).

After some searching, I finally found the actual magazine that purported to have a Slash Tier chart. Although many people in the GG community have been jacking off to this new 'Tier Chart' as they usually do over tier charts, I was doubtful as to how accurate it was - and as usual, I was right.

It's not a tier chart at all. What it is is a feature article in the magazine "Tougeki Tamashii", which is a spinoff of Arcadia magazine that focuses on fighting games. This particular article came in Issue #2 of Tougeki Tamashii, which was released in December (meaning the article itself was probably written in November or so). What they did is invited 9 top Guilty Gear players - FAB, Koichi, Buppagyuu, Arisaka Shinya, Nemo, Imo, Ogawa, kaqn, and Pachi - to write short reviews on the characters. Each character was rated by 3 of these players. Each player then assigned a number score from 1 to 10 to the characters. These scores were added up to give a total score. That's it.

The 'tier chart' has not been calculated based on matchups or nationwide tournaments or anything of the sort. It's simply the opinions of 3 Japanese players put in numbers and added up. While I have no doubt that these players know what they're talking about, it still means the rankings are very subjective. For instance, I fully agree that Dizzy has been raped by the Slash changes to her. However, kaqn and Ogawa give her a 5 and a 4 apiece, while Nemo decided to give her a 1. So even each panel of 3 were kind of varied on how they rated each character.

Bottom line - don't go bitching about how such-and-such a character is S tier and such-a-such a character is D tier, because there's no such ratings yet. What there is is just the subjective opinions of a handful of Japanese players on each character.
Damn.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2006, 10:45:31 am »
TEIYAH'D.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2006, 02:47:03 pm »
Seriously. Moving on, I've found that my Potemkin game has improved steadily since I started re-configuring my controller. Now I can Roman Cancel and own shit. Also, Dust Loop is harder than I initially thought it'd be. I've still not performed one successfully.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:27 pm »
Hold on -- you're playing on RELOAD I hope.

I never got familiar with the GGX system, I don't have it for PS2, haha...
I had X for PC, now I have Isuka. I want Reload, seems to be the best so far o_O

I hear #R = Isuka - Turn + Lines.

Is this correct?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2006, 12:43:26 am »
Yes, your assessment or Reload is true. I'm Dust Looping on X2. I keep missing my timing on the first j.D. In matches I get this little surprise of "Oh shit, Dust Loop opportunity!" and completely miss my timing. Same with RC/FRC. I do it, go "Oh damn, I did it!" and completely forget to follow up.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006, 09:55:34 am »
Hehe.... happens to me in every fighting game. "Sweet, roll cancel! Oh shit... forgot to shoryu =/"

etc etc.

Sooner or later though... things'll get better =]

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 08:50:40 pm »
I'm getting pretty good about the FRC/RC thing. I can usually hit a follow-up on FRC'ed Hammerfall 80% of the time now.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 11:52:30 pm »
Wewt, just got back into GGXX. A friend at school lent me the game for the day...

Unlocked EX Sol, Chipp, Ky (the tripod), and SP Chipp through Story mode, everyone except Baiken, Zappa, Potemkin, and a few others I forgot through Survival. I got to about 80 until I got cheap killed by my mirror (forgot who I was playing as).

My problem: I keep trying to parry. xD

VAPOR CRUST!
GURLFRIEND!
SUSHI, MIYAGI, BONDAGE!

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2006, 01:12:07 pm »
Dude, your breasts.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
Teiyah has been got!

I can so far only do it one way -- HSVV, RC, Dx2, sj, Dx2, etc etc, finish up with VV + qcb K
I'm still trying to figure out other setups. Got anything for me?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2006, 02:29:21 am »
FRC Gunflame-Dust Loop.
Bandit Bringer-2H (JC)-Dust Loop
6P(wall bounce)-K(1 hit)-S-2H(JC)-Dust Loop
Wild Throw-Dust Loop

Give 'em a try.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:22 pm »
FRC Gunflame's a tough one. I'm used to FRCing with the the diamond setup (Square, X, Tri, Circle), and usually I just end up HSing. I tried to set L1 to FRC but I have this nasty habit of doing it with Tri, X, and Circle.

Anyhoo, I'll try again if I find it in my neighbor city. It's back in my friend's hands. =/

I got CvS2 though. Haha, you cannot ezkap frum deazzz.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2006, 11:10:33 am »
I set HS to R1 and Dust to Circle, and FRC using HS, P, and K.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2006, 07:18:43 pm »
Added stuff to Sol and Axl and made some edits to Potemkin. My friends are all playing now so we're discovering some new things.

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2006, 07:19:25 pm »
Smart... good idea.

But uh... I need to learn to play on default. People are getting tired or seeing me go to Controller Settings before we play.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2006, 07:24:10 pm »
Tell 'em to suck it up. My friends let me change before matches.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2006, 10:26:56 pm »
I spent my whole weekend beating the daylights out of Chipp scrubs.

tsar

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • EVERYBODY DANCE!
    • deviantART is for fags
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2006, 11:06:35 pm »
I wish there was some sort of competition over here for GGXX, I've only got friends to play against, well, until another anime convention comes around. Any of you on XBOX Live with GGXX#R? I'm not right now, but it'd be nice to know that I'm getting XBL for more than just Street Fighter, and maybe Ninja Gaiden's Master Ninja Tournament (though I doubt anyone goes online with that).

Anyways, I've been getting into GGXX a lot lately (since I've never actually owned a copy until a few weeks ago) and it seems that I'm getting good with Testament, Ky, Faust and Potemkin. I love using Testament's traps.