Author Topic: Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash  (Read 91208 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« on: August 18, 2005, 12:16:56 pm »
i've decided to turn this into a Guilty Gear thread, where I will stock all my most basic (and not so basic) Guilty Gear knowledge, even though me and Hyperguy are probably the only Guilty Gear players here. It might attract new members to post, or inspire some regulars to play. Even if it doesn't, at least we'll have a handy source of knowledge that we won't need to Google for.

Here's how it works. One post for each character. Characters aren't listed in any specific order. If you want to make a contribution, PM it to me, I'll submit the information, and you will be creditted in the first post.

Other First Post Use: Here we list the contributions, a short intro, non-specific attacks/combos/techniques, and the notations and abbreviations.

Move Notation

We're using Hyperguy's handy-dandy emoticons, but for everyone else, there's Keypad Notation. Each number corresponds to a direction. Not hard to figure out, right? Then, for button presses, we have P, K, S, H, and D, standing for Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy Slash, and Dust respectively.

Useful Abbreviations:

FD: Faultless Defense. Performed by pressing any 2 attack buttons (except Dust) simultaneously while blocking. Requires Tension.

RC: Roman Cancel, performed by pressing any 3 attack buttons (except Dust) simultaneously. Requires 50% Tension. Not every move can be RC'ed!

FRC: False Roman Cancel, same as above, but requires only 25% Tension.

JC: Jump Cancel, performed by jumping to cancel the recovery of an attack. Essential for aerial combos.

JI: Jump Install. A special technique performed by pressing :u during a move, then cancelling that move into another move before Jump Cancelling takes place. The jump input is stored for later and provides double jump/air dash options where normally there would be none.

General Information

For all characters except Testament, :f :p has upper-body invincibility during part of the move. This makes it incredibly useful anti-air, and most :f :p moves can be gatling comboed into :s close or :s far.

All characters can Jump Cancel all variants of the :s normal.

Contributions

Anji Mito: Contribution by Snow Puma
Johnny: Contribution by Hyperguy
Bridget: Contribution by Bill
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 12:13:52 am by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 09:21:53 pm »
Potemkin

General Strategy: Potemkin is slow. He's got a few quick moves, but on the whole he's like a mountain, and occasionally you will use the almighty power of Hammerfall to move that mountain. Be patient and take your time.

Potemkin should keep his opponent on the ground at all times, because that's where all his damage comes from. If someone tries to use an aerial move against you, anti-air with :f :p, :f :k, :s (far) or Heat Knuckle. The first two options have a little upper-body invulerability, so I'd recommend using those with Heat Knuckle to follow up. Once your opponent is on the ground, you should start looking for Potemkin Buster opportunities and juggles. Learn to IB moves with significant recovery and Potemkin Buster before your opponent can defend. Also, it's possible to tick into Potemkin Buster using standing :p, standing :k, or :f :k

Movelist:

:qcf :p and :qcb :p Megafist. Potemkin jumps in whichever direction you quarter-circled and punches down. Not good for a whole lot of anything. Do not use this ever.

:qcf :s Sliding Head (Not Ride the Wave, no matter what Hyperguy says!) Potemkin falls over and headbutts the ground, making a shockwave. Knocks down, but only damages if Potemkin's body hits the opponent. Use it to knock people over that are far away and move in. Never use up close; if it's blocked, you eat whatever combo your opponent wants.

:b CHARGE :f :hs Hammerfall, Potemkin's dash replacement. Press :p to brake and not hit. Use the brake to advance without running into potential traps. Let it hit for a knockdown, or if you have 25-50% Tension, FRC or RC it and juggle. You can also use the brake to stop near an opponent and Potemkin Buster with good timing.

:t :hcb  :f  :p  This is Potemkin's most important move; the Potemkin Buster. TIt's going to be the majority of your damage. When you play, you should want this even more than sex. Once you stop playing, sex should then become your first priority again.

:t :sho  :hs Heat Knuckle is an anti-air throw and a  big Tension-earner for Potemkin. If you land it,  :hcb  :hs  to follow up with another hit. In the corner, Roman Cancel the first hit of Heat Knuckle and do :f :hs into another Heat Knuckle and Heat Extend for big damage!

:hcb :s F.D.B. is a projectile-reflecting finger flick. The move actually has range beyond his arm, so keep that in mind when trying to flick an opponent. If it hits, your opponent will be stagged. On counter hit, the opponent will be launched. To reflect a projectile, it's got to be flicked by his hand, not the invisible range beyond it.

:hcb  :f  :hs Overdrive Number One, Gigantor. Potemkin creates a blue wall in front of himself. If it hits a grounded opponent, the opponent will stagger. If it hits an airborne opponent, they'll float. Afterward, you can combo, or  :hcf  :hcf  :p to follow up with Gigantor Bullet. Gigantor Bullet makes Potemkin rush forward with both is fists out. Lots of damage, and wall bounces for a short juggle. It's not safe if it's blocked, so if they don't take the Gigantor, don't do the Bullet!

:qcf :qcf :s Second Overdrive, Heavenly Potemkin Buster. Usually not safe as anti-air because you can be hit out of it. Use it after launching an opponent for the best effect.

Combos:

Potemkin Buster- :s- :hs-Heat Knuckle-Heat Extend (corner only, except May and Axl) A basic, damaging combo from Potemkin Buster. Timing of the :hs may be a little tight. If you're having trouble, skip the heavy slash and just go straight to Heat Knuckle from the Slash. A little less damage, but better to miss that little bit than the entire combo.

:k- :s- :hs-Hammerfall: An easy to do combo ending in a Hammerfall. You can charge back for the Hammerfall as you perform the gatling to help get the last hit. If you've got Tension and want to be a little more advanced, FRC or RC the Hammerfall and juggle with :s- :hs-Heat Knuckle-Heat Extend.

Gigantor-Gigantor Bullet(wall-bounce)- :s- :hs-Heat Knuckle-Heat Extend: A powerful combo from an Overdrive. It's somewhat distance-dependant; if you're too close or too far from the wall, the opponent will bounce too low  in front of you or  will bounce behind you, and the :s will miss. In the case of a low bounce, you can try to save the juggle with :p or :k before trying the rest, but generally a bounce behind is unsaveable because of the time it takes to turn around usually lets them land.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:18:08 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 09:22:08 pm »
Johnny

Special Moves

Mist Finer
High :qcf :+ :s
Middle :qcf :+ :k
Low :qcf :+ :p

Notes: Coins that hit your enemy will power up the mist finer. It can be powered up twice, once for level 2, and then again to level 3.  Using the mist finer will bring it's level back to level 1, regardless of whether it hits.

Also: If you hold the button you used to perform the mist finer Johnny will hold his stance and perform the mist finer only after you let go of the button.  If you press :hs while holding the button down, Johnny will exit the stance.

Bacchus Sigh
:qcb :+ :p

Notes: Creates a mist that will envelope the enemy.  When the enemy's covered with mist all mist finer attacks become unblockable.

Divine Blade
:sho :+ :s, :s
or
:a :qcf :+ :s

Glitter is Gold (aka the Coin Toss)
:qcf :+ :p

Note: Almost all ground based moves can be cancelled out by tossing a coin.

Ensenga
 :hcf :+ :hs

Overdrive

That's who I am
:hcb :f :+ :hs

Instant Kill

Joker Trick
:qcf :qcf :+ :p
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:21:04 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 09:22:29 pm »
May

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:23:58 pm »
Ky Kiske

General Strategy: Ky works best at mid range, where he can use his long range and short-range attacks to their fullest potential. Ky is also strong against opponents as they stand up, so knock people down! Use his crouching Dust, Stun Dipper, or throw to do it. 6H and CSE are excellent moves to use in order to prevent an opponent from attacking as they stand, but if you choose 6H, be wary of your timing (do it too early and it won't hit) and of specials and supers with invincibility.

Movelist:

:qcf :s Stun Edge, a standard projectile. Does one hit, comes out at a fair speed. Use it to tack a little extra damage onto a combo and push back an opponent some.

:qcf :hs Charged Stun Edge, or CSE. Does 3 hits and comes out slowly. Use it from far away to try and bait out a jump for an anti-air combo, or lay it over an opponent waking up to force a block and mix-up.

:sho :s or :hs Vapor Thrust, a rising uppercut slash. It's a fair anti-air, but not particularly safe if blocked. On counter-hit, it can set up a juggle and air-combo.  Also useful for capping an air combo and a loop combo in #Reload.

:qcb :k Greed Sever, a flipping slash, hits overhead. It's a little slow to start and hits late in the animation, so be careful how and when its used. On counter-hit, it sets up a juggle or air combo opportunity.

:qcf :k Stun Dipper, a sliding kick and slash. It hits twice and knocks down. Distance is crucial to this move; use it too close and the second hit will be blocked.

:qcf :qcf :p Sacred Edge, a projectile super. Hits 5 times, not very useful on it's own. Keep it for part of a combo, or save your tension for RCs and FRCs.

:hcb  :f  :hs Ride the Lightning, a charging move that surrounds Ky with lightning. Hits 5 times, best as a finish for a short combo. Never use it on it's own, as it's easy to block. Ky can even be hit out of it. Don't use it if you can help it.

Combos:

j.K-j.S (JC)-dj.S-dj.H-623H A basic, reliable, easy air combo. Useful in all kinds of situations. Use 6P-S(c) as anti air and then Jump Cancel into the combo, or you can simply jump up at an airborne opponent and do it (Ky's jumping kick has good priority). For the rest of the section, this is simply going to be called "Air Combo."

2D-236236P (dash)-6P-S(c) (JC)-Air Combo In GGX2, this may well be Ky's most damaging combo. If done in a corner, you can go ahead and 6P without dashing in.

6K-S(c) xN Ky's Forward-Kick Loop! Timing for this is very tight, though it's easier against a crouching opponent. It does decent damage and builds guard meter well. It's not infinite though, so give it a rest after two or three repetitions to keep opponents from counter-hitting you.

S(c)-2H-623H xN (Corner Only)The Vapor Thrust Loop can only be done in #Reload or Isuka. It's more or less like the Air Combo; useful after CH Vapor Thrust (S), CH Greed Sever, or 6P as anti-air. It can also substitute for the Air Combo in the 2D-Sacred Edge combo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:23:30 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24:20 pm »
Anji Mito

Play some practice rounds with Anji to get used to his moves. He's got a few quick punches and slashes, but most of his really useful techniques require you to combo into them for real effect. Anji has a strong ground game, but lacks power in the air, so play your strengths and don't jump into your opponent. Keep it close to the ground with instant air dashes (diagonal-up in the appropreate direction folowed quickly by the dash direction) and only use Anji's high-jump to surprize the opponent or put distance between the two of you.

Some of Anji's basic moves will strike BOTH SIDES of him, this is more useful in Isuka than in X2, but you be thankful for it if you remember these moves so you can cover your tail if someone tries to hit you from behind or Chipp/Faust/Venom teleports behind you. Just for reference these moves include his 2s (low), hs, and 6hs (hits 4 times, plus a fifth when he poses).

Now your biggest strength with Anji is his invisibility frames at the start of many of his moves. Use them to turn the tables on opponents who try to pressure you into defense. Once you're on the offense don't let up and combo into Fujin or his 6-hs to rack up the damage. I use short bursts of 2-4 attacks before finishing so that I don't have to worry about the guard gauge eating my attack. Since Anji is strongest in this short-combo zone you're going to want to mix up your attacks and fake-out the opponent with your delay hits and invicibility frames.

Positioning is important in this game too, and probably your best option for closing ground or putting distance between you and your opponent is Anji's High-jump (forward or back). You can also push your way into the opponent's ground with forward dashes or dashing s/6hs.

Once you've got an idea of how Anji handles, get to know his specials:

Your bread and butter special is going to be Fujin
:qcf :s (quick) or :hs (start-up delay, but longer reach and you're likely to bounce the opponent).
Fujin's nice on it's own, but you're a fool if you don't follow it up with
:c :s Nagiha- the traditional follow-up of Fujin and a quick low strike that's helps you mix-up attacks. Don't be predictable though, be sure throw out other hits too.
:c :k A quick hop that lets you get behind the opponent, good against a blocking opponent who doesn't expect it. Use this sparingly for best effect.
:c :p Shin: Ichishiki- An odd follow-up that hit's overhead. It would make a great follow-up to take out a crouching opponent if it's start-up lag didn't let them stand up.

You'll never win using only one lame move, so don't forget his other cool specials like:

:qcb :p or :k (Kick version has longer reach, but requires more accuracy (two back-dashes away will put you in the perfect hitbox, Kick also hits overhead)) This little hop-step makes a good delay hit to fake-out an opponent, use the punch version sparingly and don't hesitate to hit a crouching opponent with the kick version (works especcially well after the opponent has been knocked back from guarding an attack.

:qcf :p The infamous butterfly, Anji's ground projectile. It's slow and has a long start-up, so don't think you can pull this out with no fore-thought. It works great as a wake-up hit (timing is key), but it's true power comes from the fact that when an opponent blocks the butterfly it turns into a second, overhead projectile with double the damage. Using this to your advantage you can throw out the butterfly, then rush in with a well timed low strike (Slash is my favorite) that makes it impossible for the opponent to block both at once. I don't like to use this, since I feel it's a bit cheap, but in tournament setting you can expect to see me whip a few turtling tails with this move.

:sho :hs A lovely anti-air for Anji in the form of a throw. Practice this one to use it against Chipp especially, as his teleport can put him in the perfect position to recieve this move.

:gp :p A recovery strike, use this any time you see you and an opponent dramatically clash blades (white flash after the two of you both connect with an attack).

:a :qcb :p Anji's only air special and one of my favorite moves overall. I use it as a wake-up game and I've practiced it so much I can even use it against crouching opponents with an instant air dash. It does decent damage and will punish the guard gauge of a defender.

Anji can use his Dust as a wake-up game too, but it's very obvious after you've used it once, so don't go thinking you can pull Sol's Dust loops with Anji. You can also use Anji's Aerial-Dust to float yourself in the air longer and stay out of overdrives like I-no's Megalomania or Faust's scalpel.

Now Anji's Overdrives are nothing to be triffled with either you're core overdrive is going to be:

:hcb :f :hs Use this for when you want to finish a nearly dead opponent or punish an opponent's guard gauge. It's decent damage, but don't over-estimate it's usefulness.

:d HOLD :u :k This move requires you to be sitting down for a whole 2 seconds, which in Guilty Gear time is about 16 Ass-whippings. Try to use this overdrive to catch someone off guard or as a surprize after you've blocked a bunch of low strikes. An interesting thing I've noticed is that this hits Johnny rather well if he tries to use a mist-finer to stop your dash, once you see the mist-finer guard low and if he used the low slash, you've got yourself a target. While on the subject of Johnny's Mist Finer, you can go right through it with a well timed 6-HS so use this to your advantage.

:gp :hcb :s Don't just counter, counter with style. This is my favorite move, it's got the damage, it's got the flash. Now if it were only easier to pull off.

Finally remember that Anji's Instant Kill comes out just as quickly as Ky's, so if you see you're opponent get dizzied hit the IK and they won't know what hit them.
:p :+ :k :+ :s :+ :hs :c :qcf :qcf :hs
Combo Time!

I'm not one for long combos, as I said before in Guilty Gear the guard gauge makes longer combos less damaging so your best best is to keep things short and sweet with a variety of 3-5 hit combos that you can mix up on your opponent. I find some of my easiest and most reliable combos to be:

:s , :d :hs , :c :qcf :s :c :s This combo hits high, low, high, low and works well for mauling an opponent who tries to do a standing guard. If the opponent blocks the first two hits cancel into the HS version of Fujin (236-HS) as it's start-up delay may trick them into thinking they've got an opening to attack. Unfortunately even if they do attack the invincibility during the start-up of Fujin will prevent you from getting hit. HS Fujin should wall-bounce them and follow up with Nagiha as directed to sweep them low and knock them down. Instant Air Dash (or if you're not good at that, just jump into the opponent) and follow up with:
Aerial Quarter Circle Back Punch to let them stand up into a Nishiki and take at least 3-4 of the 6 hits this dishes out. If they block they'll be pushed very far away so you should have time to recover and continue your assault. One additional note is that if they start blocking low replace the Nagiha with Ichishiki (P) or forget the Fujin and jump cancel into Nishiki. Finally if you're feeling really mean replace the 2-HS with 5-HS and replace Fujin with Sai:
Half Circle Back Forward Hard Slash to watch your opponent's life or gaurd gauge get mauled.

Another bread and butter combo for Anji is:
:p , :k , :s The timing is takes a little practice, but you can jump-cancel and repeat this combo ending it with a dust. Also for added fun you can preface this combo with a close-slash and jump-cancel into it.

Also remember to mix up your combos, some all purpose intros for either of the above combos are 2P (not the greatest, but use it anyways to start things off low), Close 6S (doesn't combo into another slash, but does give you a little invicibility and works well into the above combos (you have jump cancel to "combo" into the p,k,s combo) or into 6HS, which is a 5-hit combo in and of itself when it hits in close range.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24:35 pm »
Baiken

Combos:

j.P-j.S-j.K(JC)-dj.P-dj.S-dj.D A basic air combo. Useful from any one of Baiken's launchers or from a jump-cancellable ground move used as anti-air. Has limited use in air-to-air situations.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 09:55:35 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24:52 pm »
Venom

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 10:09:05 am »
Slayer

Moves:

:a :qcb :k Footloose Journey, a 3-hit move in which Slayer's cape whips around his foot as he kicks. A powerful move that often ends air combos.

:qcf :p or :k Mappa Punch. Slayer dashes forward and stretches his arm out with a punch. The punch version travels a shorter distance than the kick version and does less damage, but it's much, much safer (and therefore more useful).

:qcb :p or :qcb :k  Dandy Step. Slayer scoots backward, then slides forward. The distance he travels depends on the button pressed. Punch travels shorter, Kick travels further. From Dandy Step, there are several attack options.

:p During Dandy Step; Pile Bunker: Pile Bunker is a powerful punch that will wall-bounce an opponent on counter hit. Does decent amounts of stun damage and will dizzy an opponent more often than Slayer's other moves. If you counter-hit and wall-bounce your opponent, juggle with two Slashes then JC and perform the air combo of your choice.

:k During Dandy Step; Crosswise Heel: Slayer performs a double kick that launches an opponent. Not safe if blocked. Follow up a hit with anything you like, though Overdrives aren't often worth it.

Combos

S(c)-S(f)-S(c)-S(f) Slayer's best ground combo using normal moves. The timing is somewhat strict and the first two Slashes must hit deep for the remaining 2 to connect. Use to juggle an opponent after a wall-bounce or as the beef of any ground combo. Often noted in combo lists as Sx4.

j.K-j.P-j.K(JC)-dj.K-dj.P-dj.D-214K An easy air combo ending in Footloose Journey. If you'd rather, you can neglect the Footloose Journey and let the air Dust knock your opponent onto the ground for wake-up mind games. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:39:23 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 10:09:26 am »
Bridget

NORMAL:

Starship: F, D, DF + P (Can be done in midair)
Yo-Yo Extend: HS
Yo-Yo Recall: HS (In Mid Extend)
Roger Rush: QCF + HS (In Mid Extend)
Jaggard Roger: QCB + HS (In Mid Extend, Can Be done in midair)
Roger Hug: F, D, DF + HS (In Mid Extend)
Kickstart My Heart: QCF + K
Kickstart My Heart (Stop): P (Mid Kickstart)
Kickstart My Heart Discharge: K (Mid Kickstart)
Rolling Transport: QCB (In Mid Yo Yo Extend, also can be done during jump)

OVERDRIVE:

Loop-the-Loop: :hcb, :f, :s
Tragedy During Maitenence: :hcf X2, :s
Me and My Killing Machine: HCB, F,HS (In Mid Yo-Yo Extend)

DESTROY:

Shoot The Moon: P+K+S+HS, QCF X2, HS

Description: Bridget uses his Yo-Yos to launch the opponent into space, literally, headfirst into the moon, it's a rather

humourous destroyed move, however it's also one of the worst in the game when it comes to being about range, You literally

need to be right next to your opponent to get the move to work correctly, because if you miss, it leaves open for about 2-3

seconds, and you really can't afford that in a battle.

If you insist on using destroy moves, it's a pretty neat one, but it's a lot of trouble and it's not too cool to rely on

these kinds of moves anyway (Unless you're like...12...)

-----------------------
Other Stuff/Strategies
-----------------------

One the things about Bridget that's very easy to do, is to use his Yo-Yo Extend, from here you can do a lot of various

special attacks, as well as call back the Yo-Yo, which can interrupt a combo, among other things. Bridget can also cover a

lot of ground using Kickstart my Heart, which can quickly move you from one side of the playing area to the other, as well as

inflict some damage on your opponent, Rolling Transport...not so much, but the point is, Bridget can get around a lot.

Why you should use Bridget! (Besides the fact he's just frickin' adorable! ^_^

--------------------------
-very fast dash speed
-can attack with both long and short distances with regular and Overdrive
attacks
-great distance for fighting close
-nice move variety
-excellent ground and air character
-great anti-air
-plays a good game of keep-away
-two excellent Overdrives that's easy to combo
-VERY GOOD air comboer, especially with his anti-air and aerial dust
-------------------------

I'm going to add combos and things later,because I'm tired of typing this thing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:39:28 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 04:09:02 pm »
Eddie

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 04:09:54 pm »
I-no

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 05:16:03 pm »
Kuradoberi Jam

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 05:16:26 pm »
Chipp Zanuff

General Strategy: Chipp takes damage worse than anyone else in the whole game. It doesn't take much to kill Chipp, so defense is key. Be mobile! Chipp also will need Jump Install and RC/FRCs to do his good damage.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 07:04:05 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 05:17:08 pm »
Zappa

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 05:19:34 pm »
Dizzy

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2005, 05:20:30 pm »
Millia Rage

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »
Faust

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 06:39:17 pm »
Axl Low

General Strategy:
Axl's weapon gives him great reach. It makes him good at poking from a distance and controlling space in front of him, but he can also fight in close. Axl's standing Punch goes a great distance (roughly 2/3rds of the screen) and is useful for preventing jump-ins  early and dashing attempts by opponents. His best corner combo, the Axl Bomber Loop, makes heavy use of Tiger Knee(TK) Axl Bomber. To Tiger Knee, motion for an aerial move on the ground, but end the motion with an upward direction (i.e., up-forward for ending Axl Bomber). The aerial move will come out very low to the ground.

Combos:

Tiger Knee 623H-6P-Tiger Knee 623H xN (corner only) Axl Bomber Loop. The concept is easy enough; in the corner, gatling combo into a Tiger Knee'd Axl Bomber and juggle with 6P before they hit the ground to do it again. Depending on the opponent's weight and guard gauge, up to 3, maybe 4 repetitions are possible.

623HS->RC, d.S(c)->JC, j.623HS, K-S(c)->JC, 623HS, K-S(c)->JC, j.K->JC, dj.HS-D->623HS A simpler Axl Bomber Loop shown me by a friend, starting with a RC'ed ground move.

d.2K-S(c)-2D->[4]6S->FRC, d.K-S(c)->JC, j.623HS, K-S(c)->JC, j.623HS, K-S(c)->JC, j.K->JC, dj.HS-D->623HS Different set-up, same easier loop.

Throw in the corner, d.K-S(c)->JC, j.623HS, K-S(c)->JC, 623HS, K-S(c)->JC, j.K-JC, dj.HS-D->623HS Whoo, another set-up for easy Loop. Let go of forward when dashing in after the throw or you'll get 6K, which doesn't gatling into Slash.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:13:12 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
Guilty Gear X2/#R/Slash
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2005, 06:39:35 pm »
Testament

Combos:

(In the corner) Grave Digger (wall-bounce)-S->H->Grave Digger(wall-bounce)-Hs->Grave Digger

The Gravedigger Loop. Best performed after an anti-air move or a launch move. Counter-Hits aren't necessary, but can be a great help.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 09:42:39 pm by HGsIndestruc.Roommate »