Author Topic: Nintendo Consoles + Bitchin' Games for Them  (Read 36416 times)

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
    • ROCK AND ROLL STRIKES BACK!
Nintendo Consoles + Bitchin' Games for Them
« on: February 12, 2007, 03:39:00 pm »
You should all shut up and buy a real video game system (i.e a DS, a 360, a Saturn or a Dreamcast; maybe a Neo Geo Pocket Color if you can find one).

REAL MEN PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING ANYWAYS, BITCHES

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:49:59 pm »
You should all shut up and buy a real video game system (i.e a DS, a 360, a Saturn or a Dreamcast; maybe a Neo Geo Pocket Color if you can find one).

REAL MEN PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING ANYWAYS, BITCHES

Sorry HMD, but I'd have to say either SNES, N64, or PS2 so far.  The Gamecube had a few good games (Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wind Waker, etc.), but not near as many as its previous consoles, imo.  Hopefully the Wii will change that...

Animal Crossing IS a pretty fun-ass game - another Gamecube classic.  =D  Haven't played the DS one yet; I heard it was pretty similar...

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:52:45 pm »
I have not played the GC AC yet, but the DS version is fucking spectacular, and is recommended for anyone with a soul.

I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube just for Resident Evil 4 and Killer7, even though I own the PS2 versions of both.

And I'm just now starting to get into the SNES. Earthbound is pretty cool, actually.

Cashino

• 魔王
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Females beware: I have tentacles.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:09 pm »
*whispers* Twinkle Star Sprites. Craziest-ass shooter I've ever seen that's more addictive than crack, MMO's, and sex combined (well...more addictive than the first two anyhow, last one is too good to pass up). Riduculously overly cute colors that would otherwise repulse a guy if he didn't know its gameplay. Gameplay is insane like hell...

The ultimate shmup masters play TSS.

Heh...I'm still playing stuff like the original TA, Radiant Silvergun, Thunder Force series, Super Metroid; stuff like that (mostly on emulators and ROM's, cause I don't want to screw up my already ancient systems)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:44:12 pm by Cashino »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:26:56 pm »
Topic.  We have it for a reason, folks.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Re: Nintendo Consoles + Bitchin' Games for Them
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:35:18 pm »
Indeed. All conversations pertaining to Not-the-Wii have been moved into this separate thread for talk of older Nintendo gaming consoles and why they rock house.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:00:44 am »
Thank god for someone who looks past the "Cute & cuddly exterior". I myself am a hardcore pokemon gamer. Seriously, I know the formula to calulate their stats. (As of RSE gen, that is. Not sure about D/P....)

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 02:20:34 am »
Thank god for someone who looks past the "Cute & cuddly exterior". I myself am a hardcore pokemon gamer. Seriously, I know the formula to calulate their stats. (As of RSE gen, that is. Not sure about D/P....)

Wow, that's pretty hard-core.  Back in the day, I'd list all the different specs of my team and their moves, just to see what they could take out the easiest.  That, and some of the mean-ass combo set-ups: Steelix with Sandstorm + Toxic + Bind, Crobat with Mean Look + Toxic + Confuse Ray + Bite holding a King's Rock/Bright Powder, Cacturne with Ingrain + Leech Seed + Giga Drain holding Leftovers... some pretty mean shit if you can pull it off.  >=D

If I have enough time to devote, I'd like to get some raised-from-egg species and start my old team back again on these new games... IF I can actually GET them all without either hacking or going to some bullshit promo event...

Btw, I heard that there might be even more new species to tinker around with on Diamond/Pearl.  Any idea what they'll be like?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 12:48:33 pm »
I think if someone mentions Elite Beat Agents or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the Nintendo DS or Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger for the SNES I'll be happy.  And if not, I might start throwing rocks at cars.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 01:50:39 pm »
I think if someone mentions Elite Beat Agents or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the Nintendo DS or Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger for the SNES I'll be happy.  And if not, I might start throwing rocks at cars.

You effectively mentioned all of them :(

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:59:56 pm »
I lied.  I feel no different! D:

Has anyone had a chance to play the more girly yet wrought with gameplay DS titles, like Cooking Mama, Super Princess Peach, or Harvest Moon DS?  I'm a bit curious as to how good they are.

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 04:44:21 pm »
I've been talking about Elite Beat Agents since November. Remember that thread I started? NEED I REMIND YOU OF THESE:

Portrait of Ruin is pretty good. Nothing mindblowing, but better than the GBA games.

I've played a few levels of Super Princess Peach and thought it was alright. The emotion control felt tacked on, but otherwise I found it perfectly acceptable.

Insert Credit did a great review of Cooking Mama's instruction manual, and then there's always that one Gamelife review of the game (I forget which episode it was, so no link for you).

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 04:56:37 pm »
I love playing Harvest Moon, that game rules.  It's so addictive and I don't know why.

Mirai Doft

• Hero
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • *¬*
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 05:00:44 pm »
OBJECTION!

How come no one mentioned Phoenix Wright?
I like big bOObs and I can not lie!

HMD

• Lots of Good Things
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Love and Punk
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »
Because I'm stuck on the last case and GOD THIS THING IS FUCKING HARD.

Muhznit

• Some kind of RPG Platform Hentai Game
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Bakunyuu Otaku
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 06:58:01 pm »
Wow, that's pretty hard-core.  Back in the day, I'd list all the different specs of my team and their moves, just to see what they could take out the easiest.  That, and some of the mean-ass combo set-ups: Steelix with Sandstorm + Toxic + Bind, Crobat with Mean Look + Toxic + Confuse Ray + Bite holding a King's Rock/Bright Powder, Cacturne with Ingrain + Leech Seed + Giga Drain holding Leftovers... some pretty mean shit if you can pull it off.  >=D

If I have enough time to devote, I'd like to get some raised-from-egg species and start my old team back again on these new games... IF I can actually GET them all without either hacking or going to some bullshit promo event...

Btw, I heard that there might be even more new species to tinker around with on Diamond/Pearl.  Any idea what they'll be like?
serebii.net is your friend. A bunch of Previous-Gen pokemon get new evolutions (O_O @ Likitung's) , we get a bunch of new ghosts (Yay, a Dark/Ghost type that DOESN'T suck!) Some attaccks are now physical instead of special and vice-versa, and some have turned neutral.

There's now a Normal-Type Legendary. Its stats are higher than Mewtwo's. Being the highest-leveled wild pokemon AND the ability to have different typing at the user's will, AND for learning a move called "Judgement" pebble, this new guy "Aruseus" is now being thought of as the poke-god.

There's a CHIA PET for a legendary. I'm serious. Look for "Shemi" in the D/P dex. IT'S A FREAKIN' CHIA PET. I'm going to name mine Chia-Chan when I catch it.

The "cover legends" are part dragon. There's a Steel/Dragon, Water/Dragon, and my favorite, a Ghost/Dragon. Really, the pokemon designs have gotten more intense and somewhat darker-themed. I'm tempted to import, but I'll wait in anticipation.

P.S. Cradily pulls off that last combo MUCH better-it gets Confuse Ray too. >:D

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:13 pm »
Has anyone had a chance to play the more girly yet wrought with gameplay DS titles, like ... Super Princess Peach...

I have it.  Best DS game yet.   Better than New Super Mario Bros, if you care to beleive me.   If you don't, go buy/borrow/rent it and prove me wrong.

-1 rep for comparing it to Cooking Mama and Harvest Moon.  More blasphemous words have never been spoken.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 08:48:44 pm »
Kind of surprised JG00 hasn't mentioned it yet, but Skies of Arcadia Legends for the GC.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »
Because its not an exclusive title.  It was on Dreamcast first.

That doesn't make it less worthy of mention though.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 06:21:16 pm »
I've been talking about Elite Beat Agents since November. Remember that thread I started? NEED I REMIND YOU OF THESE:

It's a shop.  I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Seriously though, congraturations.  After seeing your high score on it I went on a marathon session and hours later, finally beat EBA's last stage(on medium difficulty. D:)

I have it.  Best DS game yet.   Better than New Super Mario Bros, if you care to beleive me.   If you don't, go buy/borrow/rent it and prove me wrong.

-1 rep for comparing it to Cooking Mama and Harvest Moon.  More blasphemous words have never been spoken.
I lumped them together, because, let's face it, they're girlfriend pleasing games.  I'm guessing Peaches' floating jump makes a comeback in this game?