Author Topic: Armored Core  (Read 5996 times)

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
Armored Core
« on: December 08, 2006, 11:08:23 pm »
Use this thread to talk about any and all Armored Core games. Discuss tactics for the arena, which boss was a bitch, favorite color schemes, how pink is a man's color and belongs on only the strongest of ACs...just whatever.

I'm playing Armored Core 2 right now (though I make go back for Phantasma here in a bit for nostalgia, and to see if I still have that data on my PS1 memory card). The starting AC looks doofy. I'ma make my own as soon as it lets me.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Spaceworlder

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • The Wizard
    • Space World
Re: Armored Core
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:06:44 am »
I'm looking forward to Amored Core 4 for the Xbox 360.
Smile, you son of a bitch!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 12:37:23 am »
I hope they've not added in too many more factors to AC building. Having to keep track of heat levels and extensions and all this new junk on top of the old stuff has me wishing for the more simplistic Project Phantasma that got me started on the series in the first place.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Snow Puma

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • I *WHAT* like a lesbian?!
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 10:58:36 pm »
My arena designs consists of mainly a pure heavy hitter build (Tank, Bazookas, Med Missiles) or my less popular and much more likely to crash the PS2 missile barrage build (Decked out for pure, framerate killing missiles by the bucketful). I try to experiment with other unusual builds, like melee fighters or stealth models, but the game's controls are just too clunky to make melee combat a good option and the over-all slow pace makes alot of designs hard to use manage.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:58:57 pm »
Right now I'm doing fine with the default, but I want a faster natural running speed and a faster firing weapon, plus a head unit with a built-in radar and a missile launcher that can do more than 2 at a time.

Meat

• Unlockable
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • |ಠ_ಠ|
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:42:00 am »
Gawd, I loved AC2 so much.  The games that came after it certainly had some great qualities, but none of them were quite as awesome for me as that one was(I've got all the PS2 ones up to Nexus).  I mainly stick to using light to medium-weight humanoid-type AC's, since I find a mobile design to be a lot more fun than a slow tank-leg.  I didn't like how they removed the Overweight and INTESIFY/Human-Plus options in the later games.  I want my dual-Karasawa wielding lightweight AC, dammit! 

KILLING KICK!!!

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 10:48:01 am »
I'm toilling away at earning all the Human-Plus enhancements now. The only bad thing is how long it takes to fail a mission, since the MTs in the first one deal no damage.

Snow Puma

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 02:54:03 pm »
...and a missile launcher that can do more than 2 at a time.

1. Missile launcher
2. Support Missile Extention
3. ???
4. Profit!

Add in a spicing of lock-on enhancing accessories and you're got a recipe for makin your PS2 play at 5 Frames per second.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 03:35:23 pm »
In Project Phantasma I had a system for the Arena that never failed. 2 Mortar Shells and a fairly strong handgun were all it took. Pick the sea base arena. At the start, dash over the wall and to the center of the island, then run back to your starting position. If you do it right, the opponent runs forward to meet you, but gets stuck on the wall. Move within Mortar range, unload all missiles, then run in with your gun and finish them off.

Snow Puma

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 02:07:07 am »
That reminds me of the numerous arena battles I would win by choosing the ruins and letting my opponent ring out when they try to zig-zag out of my bazooka fire.

Meat

• Unlockable
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
  • |ಠ_ಠ|
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 07:03:57 pm »
Etal Base is my favorite Arena level.  Nice variety of features to play with and plenty of open sky to Overboost around in(especially after a Limiter Release).

KILLING KICK!!!