Author Topic: Anyone here still play Megaman?  (Read 10099 times)

blah_blah

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Anyone here still play Megaman?
« on: December 07, 2006, 08:11:59 pm »
well, anyone?  I still do, even though its a kids game...

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: Anyone here still play Megaman?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:48:46 pm »
It's a kid's game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, because robot on robot violence is considered safe for some reason. D:

I like Megaman X 1 the most of all of the Megaman games.  It's presentation, weapons, and levels couldn't get any more perfect for the time.  That, and it's the one game where X can  :qcf :+  :p.

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 09:40:11 pm »
Megaman 3 is the benchmark by which I measure all other games in the series. In comparison to it, I think 8 and X1 came closest to being that good.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 09:45:20 pm »
Although some say that Megaman is a kids game, the challenge for any game is anything but.

As for what the best, in my opinion, I think X4 is the best of the X series. X4ever! The other games are quite hard if you catch my drift.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 10:37:23 pm »
Age is irrelevant. Anyone who's heart is not a blackened lump of coal will love Megaman. I'm partial to MM3 above all, but I have no ill will towards any of the others.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 10:40:42 pm »
Ringo doesn't like Mega Man, he called him the Blue "Balller" and then proceeded to anally rape some guys mother why he poured sugar in his gas tank.

CHRIST ALMIGHTY MAN WHEN WILL HE STOP

Spaceworlder

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • The Wizard
    • Space World
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
I still dig Mega Man, even the new games. Mega Man Zero 1-4 and Mega Man X8 are the shit, and if I still had my DS I'd be all over ZX like a fat camp on ham.

Battle Network needs to die, though. Capcom makes eight billion Network games that all pay the same, yet we'll never see Legends 3. No justice, man. No justice.
Smile, you son of a bitch!

LordRyunson

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 12:56:37 am »
Even Angry Nintendo Nerd talks about the sequels to Mega Man in his latest vid. You'll have to pay close attention to the stuff he rants about.

I agree that the whole Battle Network thing must fall, I don't know about the Zero series, seeing that the ZX series looks somewhat identical to the Zero series. All those games are hard without sacrificing cute little elves to increase your powers, even though I haven't played ZX yet.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 02:21:20 pm »
Actually Battle Network is already dead! BN6 was the last one. Rejoice! No more buying one game for the price of two with their dual version bullshit!

It's being replaced by Megaman Star Force, which will release with THREE slightly different versions sometime next year, this month in Japan.

LordRyunson

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 03:47:39 pm »
What's Megaman Star Force? What is this world coming to?

CharliesX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
  • How in the hell they are twins thats why!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 05:30:40 pm »
Really dug the orginal Mega Man 3, it was my first MM game. Cheated through the entire thing with the Super Jump thingy.

Loved the ending to Mega Man X. Before it came out,I constantly had arguments with the other kids at school who said it was Mega Man 10, even though I had a "Nintendo Power" article that said it was X, as in the letter NOT the Roman Numerial for "ten". Some poeple.

Wasn't there another Street Fighter move for Mega Man X2?

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 07:32:28 pm »
Dragon punch.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

LordRyunson

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 07:55:34 pm »
Oh yeah. Kill those big bosses in one hit sort of moves, but they were difficult to get.

Hadouken- Megaman X1
Dragon Punch- Megaman X2
I don't know about the attack that has Zero's blade, but I  assume it's a Sonic Boom, otherwise no special attack
-Megaman X3
One Button Psycho Crusher (They call it Nova Strike)- Megaman X4

The rest of the games, they stopped caring about Street Fighter and more focus on Megaman X. Why not do the spin kick in X3, that would topple Sigma down even more. He's obviously tougher than usual.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 10:39:08 am »
In X4, Magma Dragoon would say 'hadoken' and 'shoryuken' when shooting red fireballs and doing uppercuts respectively.

Battle Network needs to die, though. Capcom makes eight billion Network games that all pay the same, yet we'll never see Legends 3. No justice, man. No justice.
They did make a Tron Bonne game though.  I think I'd rather see a Tron Bonne 2 before a Legends 3.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 11:08:22 am »
I liked Megaman Legends, I used to draw pictures of the Art Gallery chick and fap to her

You didn't hear that

LordRyunson

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:55 pm »
In X4, Magma Dragoon would say 'hadoken' and 'shoryuken' when shooting red fireballs and doing uppercuts respectively.
They did make a Tron Bonne game though.  I think I'd rather see a Tron Bonne 2 before a Legends 3.

What about his clone in X5? You know, you had to fight a clone of Magma Dragoon at the end of the training level. While weaker than the real thing, the clone can give you some trouble if you aren't prepared.

Oh yeah, and they even made Tron playable in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Just to let you guys know the legends series hasn't completely gone down the toilet.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 03:15:12 pm »
The most recent Legends cameo was in NamcoXCapcom. Rock, Roll, Tron, Servbots, Megaman Juno, and a few Reaverbots all get to play a part in that big crossover cameo-fest. The next big crossover cameo-fest coming up, Capcom vs. SNK: Cardfighters DS is also confirmed to have Tron and the Servbots as cards. So yeah, Capcom still cares about Legends, but only enough to stuff the characters into crossover titles and not enough to give them their own game.

Megaman Star Force, or "Ryuusei no Rockman" is the sequel to the BN series and it's going to suck ass. I dunno, I'm usually pretty open to new Megaman games no matter what they do with it, but they really piss me off going from two versions per game to three versions per game. This multi-version crap  has gotta end. The fact that Megaman is an alien in this series doesn't appeal to me either. Megaman is supposed to be a robot. Aside from being blue, that's his thing.

LordRyunson

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 03:41:33 pm »
The nightmare never ends. Maybe they ought to do prequel games, like Megaman X4.5, where the story takes place after X4, but before X5. I haven't figured out how the hunters gone from working for Dr. Cain to Signas and the rest of the bunch. It's kinda wierd.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 01:05:04 am »
they had some pretty good excuses for making the X, Legends, and Zero series on top of the original, but everything else now just seems to be for the sake of taking stabs at various target-audiences. BN was obviously made to get in on the Pokemon craze. Now that it got old they got the super-suit thing going on. It's not all about the money Capcom!

LordRyunson

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 01:17:17 am »
Yeah, this genre can go both ways. For example, Megaman and Roll appeared in Marvel Vs. Capcoms 1 and 2 while Tron and Servbot appeared in 2. Now, in case you are trying to figure out who would win in a fight between Megaman Classic and Tron, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is your game.

Even Zero (Megaman Zero to be exact) appeared in SVC: Chaos. Why not bring in the regular X version of Zero, and not some Battle Network Navi Reject?