Author Topic: Emails not working  (Read 11702 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Emails not working
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:57 am »
Emails from the forum are not working. Its been broken since at least April 14, maybe longer.

I have eliminated the router or IP as a problem and will be looking into firewalls next.  More than likely a recent Windows firewall update has started to block the SSL port for email.  We may experience disruption with the website until resolved.

FOR NEWLY REGISTERED USERS:
You will not be getting your activation email required to make posts.  Please go the site's contact page and send an email to the address there. I will happily activate your account.

FOR ALL REGISTERED USERS:
You will not receive email notification when you get personal messages or any other emails the system might send you (though personal messages are by far the most common.)  You'll still have access to them from the menu and should be getting an alert every time you visit if you have an unread personal message.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Emails not working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:11:23 am »
Email is fixed. Wasn't a firewall problem at all, apparently Google implemented a new security feature and broke the internet.  Found a fix here that corrects the issue.

Pending personal message notices and stuff have been sent out.  New user activation emails aren't queued so if you're a new user and need activation, please go the site's contact page and send an email to the address there so I can manually activate your account.