Forum > Tools

Getting gifs from .dat

(1/5) > >>

Gatts:
Hi guys! I've got an interesting ig getting gif's from Viper games by myself. I found a simple extractor which extracts all the files form sgs.dat to chosen dir. And it's size 144k only. But I wanted converter not extractor. That's why I downloaded Graphopholic from here (big thanks). But it can't convert *.anm to *.gif either... :(
So I wanted to ask - which is the easiest way to convert *.anm to *.gif OR to get all bmp's together easily... which tools do u use?

And... I wanted to ask... how much games in Viper series and is there possibility to get 'em in English?

Hyperguy:
Hi guy!

Tell me about that extractor you mentioned.  You've got me curious. :3

Otherwise, the reason why you can't convert .anm files to gifs is because the formats are way different.  The best you can do is extract single animation frames from the sgs.dat files and then reanimate them using a gif animator.

Personally, I use ImageReady, which is part of Adobe Photoshop, for reanimating Viper animations from the individual animation frames I extract from the SGS.DAT files.

ImageReady is THE program for making gifs.  It's got many, many useful features inherited from Photoshop, like a history, a wide assortment of tools, and automated tasks.  It also has many features unique to ImageReady all of which relate to animation.  The real icing on the cake is it's optimization tool.  You can make a gif that would normally be server hundred KB in file size much smaller using ImageReady's various optimization options, and can even preview your gif in browsers before you finish it.

Also, a lot of the Viper gifs have large areas of blue that need to be made transparent in order for the gifs to animate correctly, which can be done with a few steps in Image Ready.  I'd use nothing else for animating gifs, though I have tried many other gifs programs before.

Anyhow, there's around 45 Viper games total.  You can find a semi-complete list of them here:

http://hyperguy.net/index.php?page=The_Complete_Viper_Games_Listing

Of the give or take 45 Viper games that were made, four of them have been released internationally. Viper V16, Viper M1, Viper Paradice, and Viper Limited Edition.  They were translated in a couple of languages, including Engrish, Italian, and French.

JG:
Yeah I want to know about that non-Grapholic extractor as well.  Especially if it has source code with it. I could do fun things if I could only reverse engineer the .win and .anm files but I don't have access to the encryption/compression method(s) used in them.

AnimeFan:

--- Quote from: Hyperguy on November 21, 2005, 03:18:32 pm ---ImageReady is THE program for making gifs.  It's got many, many useful features inherited from Photoshop, like a history, a wide assortment of tools, and automated tasks.  It also has many features unique to ImageReady all of which relate to animation.  The real icing on the cake is it's optimization tool.  You can make a gif that would normally be server hundred KB in file size much smaller using ImageReady's various optimization options, and can even preview your gif in browsers before you finish it.

--- End quote ---

Ulead GIF Animator also works well. It has a 'merge layer' option for combining the transparency image with the background shot.
You can download it at  http://www.ulead.com/ga/runme.htm

Sesshoumaru:
ok i got that Ulead Program im so lost i dont get on how to merge the backround to the images that got the blue backround can someone help me out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version