Author Topic: October Move  (Read 1475 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
October Move
« on: September 25, 2023, 10:30:23 am »
I'll be moving in October, and with me the web server. This has been in the works for a few years, was interrupted by COVID-19 shutting down any chance of a move for a few years, and resumed again in earnest this spring. I'll be moving about three hours away to be closer to family - I've already found a new house and spent a few days readying it for a painter who I hope can have it ready for move-in by late October. I'm now back home to finish readying my current house for market.

What this means for the website:

1. The site will be down for a few days during the move. I'll be taking computers with me personally, so server equipment will be one of the last things packed, one days before the moving company arrives to take all my furniture. Xfinity will set me up at my new home the day after move. The outage will last from Monday morning, October 23, to (if all goes well) Thursday afternoon, October 26.

2. Effective immediately, all sales and purchases through the website are suspended until after the move has completed. I already took all my Sogna memorabilia and sale stock to the new house last week to help declutter my current home for showings. If you had interest in buying something on the For Sale page, you'll just have to wait several weeks.

3. Shipping charges for purchases (when they resume) will not significantly change. I'm not moving so far away that it will make any difference to most of you.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 05:45:56 pm by JG »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: October Move
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »
The moving dates have now been confirmed. I will shutdown the server and box up equipment Monday, October 23. Xfinity will set me up Thursday, October 26, and assuming no problems setting up port forwarding on their router (which I've already researched) I hope to be back up that Thursday afternoon or evening, or Friday at latest.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: October Move
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:56:24 pm »
Server move is now complete and it appears that external access is working, since I see some Guests here on the forum.

I still have a lt of personal stuff to unpack, but the networking and server stuff should now be done.