Author Topic: Viper FAQ's  (Read 19106 times)

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:24 am »
Ow, SHUN-GOKU-SATSU'D.

lateguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 12:12:03 am »
Hyperguy dude.. is there anyway any of us can contribute to searching for any Sogna material? I can help if u want.. just tell me how to search and stuff.. and how i can send you what i find..

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 06:02:54 pm »
Sure thing.  If you happen to find anything Sogna related like a site, or image, or link, then simply make a thread about it, or if it happens to be game specific, find the thread for that game and post about it there.

As for searching, I've found using the search strings "viper hentai", "viper sogna", and "viper anime" or any of the game's names usually produces search results on Google. When it comes to finding the rarer stuff, typing in the words "viper" and "sogna" in Japanese kana and running them in Japanese Google also helps find some fan art.

Also, Google and other search engines index things differently, so it's not necessarily the best search engine to use to find Viper stuff, it just happens to come up with decent results 90% of the time.  Other good search engines to use for finding Viper stuffs are Yahoo.com and MSNsearch.

In the case that you happen a full set of high quality Viper cg or gifs I can arrange it so you can upload them to the gallery.  At the moment I have just about every Viper game, so I don't really need them that much since I can make my own animations now, though for some series, it would save time to find cg sets for them.

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2005, 10:10:39 pm »
I think I already know the answer to this one ... but, I'll let someone else hit me with the depressing news.

I take it there aren't any scans of any kind for RSR? What I mean is like character scans and such, which you can see here at the Gallery with Viper V16 and V6 especially.

I just wouldn't mind seeing full scans of Julietta. But, guessing as how there hasn't been anything put up here ... I doupt there's any of that kind of stuff. >_<

Edit: Well there's one:
http://hyperguy.net/h_gallery/displayimage.php?album=17&pos=52

But yeah, you know what I mean.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2005, 04:33:32 pm »
You mean like character CG?

Echelon

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 10:22:35 pm »
Quote from: Hyperguy
You mean like character CG?

Yeah, basically.
(I'm not too keen on the terms I guess =P)

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:13 am »
CG basically stands for computer generated, or in the case of anime, art that was created using a computer.  It's a very broad term, but for the most part it's used to label full color artwork that was made using a computer.

About Viper RSR, it was the last game Sogna made before they went out of business, so there's not much CG for it aside from what appears on teleca cards or in the Viper RSR artbook.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 08:58:17 pm »
Hey HG, you forget about VIPER-M3 3.2? Or VIPER-GTS Limited Edition? Or VIPER-V6R? Or VIPER-V8R?

Lessee... Most of the RSR stuff is obviously going to be in the RSR Artbook.  Theres a few preview scetches in the back of the Series IV and GTB Artbooks as well.  And Digital Illustrations 2000 R and B have a few RSR pics, too.  RSR stuff is also in VIPER LTD 1 and 2 but I don't have either of those to confirm.

lateguy

• Casual VIPER Fan
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2005, 01:23:36 am »
why is google a better search engine than yahoo when it comes to viper?

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Viper FAQ's
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 01:14:27 pm »
JG00: Looks like I did forget.

lateguy: I don't know.  My guess is that they just index things better.  I mostly use Google out of preference, though that doesn't stop me from using other search engines when Google fails.  "The Googles, they do nothing," is a catch phrase used around here for when Google fails.