Author Topic: something i'd REALLY like to have...  (Read 21316 times)

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
something i'd REALLY like to have...
« on: June 28, 2006, 08:04:20 pm »
hey guys, tetsaru here.  JG00 found and showed me a nanako art book on sale on eBay for around $25-$35 dollars or so.  here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-NURSE-NANAKO-ANIME-ART-BOOK_W0QQitemZ270001934830QQihZ017QQcategoryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the sale ends in a few days, and i'd REALLY, REALLLLLLY like to get my hands on this, but alas, i have no means of buying anything online, not to mention i'm currently broke.

so, i'm proposing a little contest for you guys.  here's the deal:  if someone actually manages to purchase this art book and is willing to mail it to me, then PM me with an image of you actually holding the book to prove you have it, and i will send you my mailing address and set up a way for me to send my ENTIRE collection of hentai that is on my computer to you.  that's right - all my pictures, episodes, movies, manga, .gifs - all of it.  either that, or i will try to negotiate a deal that will best please whoever was nice enough to get this for me.

however, if by chance someone already has this book and will scan the images from the book and send them to me, i will establish a similar deal to find them a particular hentai or something they've been looking for, etc., but not my ENTIRE collection.  i just feel that if someone is nice enough to actually spend $30+ dollars on me, i should reward them in some way.  and right now, this is about the only way i know how to, unless maybe you guys are interested in some old nintendo roms, as i have a pretty good collection of them too that i'm willing to trade.

well guys, there you have it.  is anyone up to this?

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
Re: something i'd REALLY like to have...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:04 pm »
Normally i would,i think i can trust you,(I buy tons of stuff on Ebay)however i'm broke at the moment.Plus,i don't have a digital camera and we only use dispoable cameras and i don't have a scanner...but if i had the money,i would have done it.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:43:45 pm »
Tetsaru, see if you can dig up some sample page images or some other info on it for us.  If it had alot of unique artwork in it (ie, stuff thats not in the ova or artwork we've already seen) I'd consider it, but it would suck to spend money on it and not get anything new out of it.  I'm worried its heavy on the episode guide, interviews and goods list, and too light on the eye candy.  If I were to consider it, I'd need some kind of assurance it was worth the investment, as I don't have the attachment to Amazing Nurse Nanako that you do.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:30:24 pm »
Tetsaru, see if you can dig up some sample page images or some other info on it for us.  If it had alot of unique artwork in it (ie, stuff thats not in the ova or artwork we've already seen) I'd consider it, but it would suck to spend money on it and not get anything new out of it.  I'm worried its heavy on the episode guide, interviews and goods list, and too light on the eye candy.  If I were to consider it, I'd need some kind of assurance it was worth the investment, as I don't have the attachment to Amazing Nurse Nanako that you do.

sounds fair enough.  i'm not the best at probing for information, but i'll try to investigate this art book a little further when/if i can.

btw, to everyone reading this - don't feel that you should have to go out of your way just for me.  most likely i will not be able to get this; however, i DID manage to get my last paycheck from wal-mart today, so maybe my parents can hook me up somehow, i dunno...

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 07:36:59 pm »
well, i did a little digging around, and i found out that something called the "Nanako's Secret Collection Catalog" was included with a limited edition version of the box set dvd for the series.  however, i haven't confirmed if this is the same "art book" that was being sold on eBay...

as far as images go, i only came up with these two, and they're not that impressive...  =/

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/?action=view&current=64_1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/?action=view&current=l_8228.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

BIG-K14

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:44:22 pm »
Tell me if the stuff is any good when you buy it and done looking at it

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 11:11:55 pm »
hey guys, i've decided not to ask any of you to try to purchase this for me.  i'm starting to feel that it was rather rude of me to offer such a request anyway.  i'll just try to do my best to obtain it on my own, i guess.  maybe my parents will let me use their credit card or something, i dunno - i'll figure something out.  sorry to bug you guys.  >_<;

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:37 pm »
Bah, it's fine. I've asked Hyperguy to buy me a few things off eBay and other online stores, and I paid him back every cent.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 11:41:49 pm »
Bah, it's fine. I've asked Hyperguy to buy me a few things off eBay and other online stores, and I paid him back every cent.

well, that's what i'm afraid of - not being able to properly reimburse you guys.  i just don't like being indebted to people when there's not much i can do about it, that's all...  >_<;

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 01:05:53 am »
MWAHAHAA!!!  guys, don't worry about it - luckily, the seller of that art book accepts money orders, and i just placed a bid on it.  now, i just have to wait...  and hope no one else bids on it...  >_<;

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 07:44:00 am »
Yay for tetsaru!  You are still obligated to make scans of unique stuff for us though.  I mean, I did find it for you and all. :smalltran

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 02:44:15 pm »
all right, fair enough.  when/if i get it, i'll be sure to scan the pages, or at least take some digital photos of them.  >=D

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 03:18:29 am »
YES!!!  VICTORY IS MINE!!!  ^_^

i am proud to report that i have SUCCESSFULLY won the auction for the nanako art book!  as soon as i can send in a money order for it and then receive it, i'll be sure to scan the pages for you guys!

oh yeah - thanks to JG00 for showing that book to me in the first place, and to importgamer13 for helping me get started on eBay!  i'm sending some rep your way, guys!

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 04:38:00 am »
Don't forget to thank me for not having the money to buy it myself, thus ensuring I didn't outbid you.  :bigtran
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 05:23:10 am »
Don't forget to thank me for not having the money to buy it myself, thus ensuring I didn't outbid you.  :bigtran

lol, ok - thanks, ZeroVirus.  hell, i guess i'll give you some rep as well.  >=P

Onemillioneyes

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:38 am »
This topic is neither big, or boobie.
It is talky.

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 09:49:20 am »
This topic is neither big, or boobie.
It is talky.

Actually, it is totally relevant.

Have you seen Amazing Nurse Nanako and related artwork? This is very much Big Boobie related talky.

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 07:52:37 pm »
okay guys, i've sent in my money orders for the art book and a few other items i saw on eBay (man, i need to start earning money again, lol), including another nanako figure - this time, she's in a bikini!  it's a recast, though (not incredibly good quality), and i'm gonna have to assemble and paint it.  here's a pic from the ad:

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/?action=view&current=nanakobikinifigure.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

i also ordered a nanako t-shirt, an ff7 dirge of cerberus wall scroll, a darkstalkers felicia poster for my friend, and pre-ordered a disgaea etna figure.  now, i just gotta wait for it all to be delivered...

tetsaru arigashi

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 08:19:08 pm »
hmm, it's been about 2 weeks since i bought that art book, and i STILL haven't gotten it yet...  i sent an email to the seller not too long ago, so hopefully i'll have it in this week or so.  sorry for the wait, but i promise i'll show you guys the images as soon as i get the book in...  >_<;

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:29 pm »
Took about two and a half for mine.  You'll probably get them this week.  Just be patient - it'll be worth the wait.