Author Topic: HELP?!  (Read 5393 times)

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
HELP?!
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:05:31 pm »
ok, who KNOWS how to play .mkvs?

See I'm downloading a bunch of episodes of Girls Bravo (11 episodes). They're all in .mkv format. all 11 = 1.78MB I'm STILL downloading it... :(

I got DivX, Winamp, Realplayer, Matroska, Quicktime, Windows Media Player (9 I think. no lower than that).

I have no idea how to use codecs, and the programs I installed aren't .mkv players... :?

Matroska is SUPPOSED to work. It's the codec made JUST to play .mkvs and something else... dunno what. :|

HELP?!
"Why are there two huge boob-like things on Kobayashi's head?" - Poemy ~ Puni Puni Poemy
"Coolie!" - Su ~ Love Hina
Just callz me:
~Prezident Bakunyuu-Baka-Sensei-Chan~

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
HELP?!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:04:08 am »

Bgrmystr2

• Engaged VIPER Fan
HELP?!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:27:32 pm »
DUDE... look...

I got DivX, Winamp, Realplayer, Matroska, Quicktime, Windows Media Player (9 I think. no lower than that).

and...

Matroska is SUPPOSED to work. It's the codec made JUST to play .mkvs and something else... dunno what.

No help at that site. I've been there nine times all to no avail...
"Why are there two huge boob-like things on Kobayashi's head?" - Poemy ~ Puni Puni Poemy
"Coolie!" - Su ~ Love Hina
Just callz me:
~Prezident Bakunyuu-Baka-Sensei-Chan~

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
HELP?!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:50:07 pm »
If not mistaken, you're supposed to install the codecs, restart your computer, and then try playing the files.  That's how most codec packs work.  Otherwise, everything you need to play .mkv files is at that site.