Author Topic: Viper RSR Can't find the king  (Read 12373 times)

Diogone

• VIPER Initiate
Viper RSR Can't find the king
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »
Hello everyone!  I'm a little stuck.  I downloaded the Viper RSR game, but I can't find the king.  I've looked everywhere and talked to everyone.  No king in sight!  I can't advance the plot (such as it is) until I find him.  Any advice?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Viper RSR Can't find the king
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:54:22 am »
He'll be in the throne room (3rd story of the castle) but if he's not there then you haven't done something first. You have to talk to Julietta on the second floor, then go outside the castle and meet Alfa at that gate and Cala at the coliseum first.

Diogone

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:20:05 am »
Aha!  Cala was in the coliseum!  With the wrench!  I needed to spar with her first.  Much obliged!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »
Glad to help.

Jeifeely

• VIPER Initiate
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR DVD ed
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:37:19 pm »
I'm experiencing the same problem with the DVD Edition at the moment.  I've met Cala, Julietta, Alfa and even that portly pie vendor however the king is still absent and visiting the Colosseum yields no duel with Cala.  Wat do?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »
Did you do it in that specific order?  Julietta on 2nd floor, Alfa at gate, Cala at Coliseum.  If you saw Alfa before Julietta, I'm pretty sure you still have to go back to see him again.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
You're probably at the part where you need to go outside of town and walk around fighting enemies for a while. I forget how many battles are required, I don't think it's any more than ten. Elan says something when you've done enough, and you'll be allowed to go back into town. That's when you go to spar with Cala.

It's set up that way so you get to see how easy it is for Elan to kill the monsters first, then establish just how far beyond Cala is by having her kick Elan's ass.

Jeifeely

• VIPER Initiate
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR DVD ed
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »
The meeting order is set in stone as far as I can tell. 

I leave the starting house, travel north and enter the castle where Cala shows up.  She isn't in the colosseum if I happen to stop by before entering the castle.

Julietta is on the second floor and if I decide to poke around floor three the throne is empty. 

Alfa is at the gate, however in order to talk to him I end up leaving the city and have to fight a few monsters before being let back in.  I've tried checking out the lake and cave but I suppose those areas are locked off until I've met the king.

So, tired and dejected I re-enter the city and wander around trying to figure out what I'm missing.  The church and colosseum give me standard responses from Elan if I visit them again.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:12:15 pm »
I started it up and replayed the first part every different way I could to determine the required actions and their order. Here's how it looks. Before sparring with Cala at the colosseum, all these conditions must be met:

-Talked to shopkeeper before leaving town.
-Talked to Alfa at town gate and fought six battles outside of town (you automatically leave town after meeting Alfa and are not allowed back until six battles are fought, so this is essentially one thing.)
-Talked to shopkeeper again after returning to town.
-Talked to Cala at castle gate.
-Talked to Julietta in her room.
-Visited church once.
-Visited colosseum once.

You have to talk to the shopkeeper before it's possible to meet Alfa and leave town, you need to fight the six battles and return to town before it's possible to talk to the shopkeeper again, and naturally you run into Cala at the castle gate before you reach Julietta, but other than that, you can do those things in any order. It seems you do have to visit the empty colosseum at least once either way, because I tried doing everything else first and leaving my first visit to the colosseum until the end, entered to find nobody there, then immediately re-entered and Cala was there all of a sudden.

Hope that helps. If by some weird bug she's still not showing up after you've checked everything off, try restarting the game and doing it all again. It only takes a few minutes if you skip any exploring on the side. For instance, it's not necessary to go to the throne room or anywhere too far on the world map.

Jeifeely

• VIPER Initiate
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR DVD ed
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:00 pm »
Perfect!  There's the old fart.  Thank you JG and Rai for the help.