Author Topic: Def Jam: Fight for New York  (Read 4017 times)

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
Def Jam: Fight for New York
« on: December 10, 2005, 12:39:39 am »
Anyone else into this game?

I wasn't too big of a fan of the original Def Jam: Vendetta, but honestly this game kicks, the create a fighter option is really well done, and the storyline is pretty cool considering it's a game based around a rap label. Surprisingly, none of the rappers appear as the rappers, just fighters, which makes it cool.

The soundtrack is rap (Naturally), but it fits pretty well for what it is, and it does get you pumped, I would have dug some more dance based tracks and things, but soundtracks arn't all that make a game, what sells this sucker, is the gameplayer.

The game is published through EA, but happens to be made by AKI, which for those of you who don't know, are some badass motha fackos at making fighting games.

The physics are well done, the fighting styles and special attacks are brutal, and furthermore the interactivity of the game impressed me right off. Crowd interactions and things are a big plus and really help turn the tide of fights sometimes.

Anyone play this gem? It's only 20 bucks on Greatest Hits now. And I think it's well worth it.

Yuka Takeuchi Fan

• Loseriffic Pervert
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Yuka Takeuchi Fan's Severe Waste of Time
Re: Def Jam: Fight for New York
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 12:14:05 pm »
It IS a rather excellent little game. It plays, to me anyway, sorta like a combination of a wrestling game and a beat-em-up. And anyone who's ever known me knows how much I love both genres.

Plus, the fact that you could theoretically make Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow from Family Matters, in case I was the only one who remembers the opening) and slap the crap out of Snoop Dogg in the very end is probably enough to get giggles for years.

Civility is overrated, don't you think?

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 02:10:46 pm »
Don't forget Nabeshin...and Ken and Ryu....and Fallguy...

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 03:43:09 pm »
I loved the game, but didn't get to play it much. It was fun making myself and beating the hell out of people twice as big as me.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.