Author Topic: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya  (Read 3969 times)

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:23 pm »
The second season of this fantastic show is currently running in Japan.  Those interested in the subs:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1448.html

If you haven't seen the first season, its out in the US so check it out, its an amazing series.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 12:48:56 am »
I remember downloading the first season for YTF a long time ago.  I tried watching some of them and never really could get into it, namely because I thought Haruhi was too much of a bitch.

Then I found out that that's the type of character she's supposed to be.  Though "Haruhi-ism" has gotten quite a following and the show's been touted as critically acclaimed, I panned it.

But, if I were to try watching it again, it'd be for Nagato Yuuki.  Aside from Kyon, she's one of the show's characters that I like, and to me she comes off as Rei 2.0.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:09:39 pm »
Yuki is alot like Rei to be sure.  Honestly my favorite character is Kyon.  He is so freaking awesome with his internal monologue.  The show does take a little getting used to but I enjoy the zaniness and the interesting concept.

Gensoku

• :P in every post
  • Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »
I haven't actually gotten very interested in this series but it seems so popular, so it must be good. I've only watched the first few eps but thanks for reminding me, I'm going to download the rest of it now :P