Author Topic: Godannar's now being shown on The Anime Network  (Read 6809 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Godannar's now being shown on The Anime Network
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:22:33 am »
The catch?  It's now part of the Super Happy Funtime block.  Wait a minute!  But we came up with 'Super Happy Funtime'(It was the former name of 'The Senate' group of subforums.)!  Let's sue!
Fun Fact: In the Dub for Godannar, Go Saruwatari(the main character) is voiced by Gai Daigouji. HOLY SHIT!

...Also, wtf is this shit being broadcast during my episode of Godannar?

Geez, can't I watch an episode of fan service anime without having tits being thrown in my face?  The nerve!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:40:16 am by Hyperguy »

Xierfrogs

• End Boss
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • How Was Your Eye Surgery, Chaos-Prostitute?
    • The Guillo Dance (Blog)
Re: Godannar's now being shown on The Anime Network
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:28:00 am »
Permission to be incredibly afraid of "Super Milk Chan"?

Cause...doesn't look...natural... *shiver*
"The American people have spoken. And they said: 'Durr, I likes chocomut ice cream'"-The Onion

MMX

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
Fucking TAN.  Dubbing mother fucking everything.  Fucking AD Vision ruling the world of anime in north america.  FUCK YOU ADV

Ellendesu

• Chatroom Psychiatrist
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • Sexier than Buddha. Harder than Jesus.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:13:13 am »
Fucking TAN.  Dubbing mother fucking everything.  Fucking AD Vision ruling the world of anime in north america.  FUCK YOU ADV

Back in the 90's, ADV ruled my anime collection, they had really good stuff like Evangelion, and Golden Boy. And Dragon Half, and every other anime that wasn't Dragonball Z or Sailormoon, when you compare the dub jobs on Eva and etc. to the dub jobs of Funimation or *shudder* DIC...ADV are like dub saviours, especially back then when they had Tiffany Grant, Doug Smith, etc. Really good voice actors. I'm of course leaving out Manga's stuff, which was more adult most of the time and therefore unattainable by normal means for most of us. I still had Ninja Scroll but thats because I'm sneaky and the people at my local Record Town were fucking idiots.

Nowadays ADV still rocks some good stuff, like Excel Saga, and they're re-releasing a lot of their old stuff on DVD for really cheap, Nadeisco included.

Fuck yeah ADV!

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:59:28 pm »
Back in the 90's, ADV ruled my anime collection, they had really good stuff like Evangelion, and Golden Boy. And Dragon Half, and every other anime that wasn't Dragonball Z or Sailormoon, when you compare the dub jobs on Eva and etc. to the dub jobs of Funimation or *shudder* DIC...ADV are like dub saviours

How dare you... well, I can not blame you.  You sound like me when I moved from DBZ/SM to Evangelion and the rest of ADV's collection int he 90's.  Oh, how naive and ignunt u r.

Then again, Spike Spencer as Shinji was a retardedly lucky stroke of brilliance.  But... TIFFANY GRANT?!
Her voice to this day makes my ears bleed.  I blame her for a good 33% of the reason why I have proclaimed a bloody jihad against Asuka Langley.  The other 67% is just 'cuz she's such an annoying fucking character.  Well I guess in that way, it's appropriate that her voice would be just as annoying.

And honestly, comparing ADV to Funimation/DIC is like comparing your own feces to raw, untempered sewage.  It's like yeah one is slightly less likely to fucking kill you, but they're still basically just fucking SHIT.

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 05:07:31 pm »
It's like when I watched the first ten episodes of Evangelion dubbed by ADV.  Then my friend got me a chinese rip with english subtitles with shitty quality.

It's fucking night and day.  And then you hear about the script "enhancements" they pulled in the mid-90's.

I remember an interview with an ADV staffer trying to apologize for that shit while simultaneously saying they've improved since then.  He was basically just like "well it was the times".  Pfeh.
And that's the real problem.  To this day, NA dubbers have no soul, have no conscience, have no shame.  Since they can buy up all the rights to show it in this hemisphere they can get away with bloody murder.  They feel no responsibility to the original authors and producers whose scripts and stories they are butchering.  They think they're actually CREATING something instead of just LOCALIZING IT.  They all go "oh this is my spin on this really neat story so this is what I'll present to the american audience".

That's why I don't go to those anime cons it's all fucking ADV and NA voice actors and shit.
Granted I don't really blame the VAs, it's not really their fault... then again I wonder why dub groups don't have more people like Billy West and the voice staff of Venture Brothers (oh god they are sweediculous) instead of people like *gag* Tiffany motherfucking Grant.  Then again these people could always pull an Amanda Winn Lee (gag Rei) in Oni and do some decent voice work.  Although that says something doesn't it, Oni was a WESTERN game with WESTERN content that was only BASED on anime.  (Konoko might as well be called Major Kusanagi @.@)
Bet those fucking writers didn't want Amanda shitting all over their character so they actually MADE her get the fucking shit right before letting her out of the recording studio.

DualSoul

• Not the real Haypeguy...
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hello, I'm plain...
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 05:40:37 pm »
Nowadays ADV still rocks some good stuff, like Excel Saga, and they're re-releasing a lot of their old stuff on DVD for really cheap, Nadeisco included.

Funny you mention Nadesico, as I was able to snag a copy at my local Best buy for ~$35 CAD. I like the fact the re-release doesn't have those atrocious overlays.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 04:19:39 pm »
Permission to be incredibly afraid of "Super Milk Chan"?

Cause...doesn't look...natural... *shiver*
Permission denied.

In addition to the cocaine and gun powder we've been adding to your meals we'll be adding Super Milkchan to your regularly scheduled programming/brainwashing.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 04:28:21 pm »
YOU SON OF A BITCH THEY BROUGHT US GUNSMITH CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trapani21

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:59:42 pm »
YOU SON OF A BITCH THEY BROUGHT US GUNSMITH CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What he said...

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 10:22:52 pm »

Another ADV massacre.  But it was probably their least shittified.  Or maybe Rally's just too awesome to be ruined by poor dubs.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:47:23 am »
Don't forget Minnie May!

Spike Spencer as Akito Tenkawa and Shinji Ikari is almost as cool as Brett Weaver as Gai Daigouji and Go Saruwatari.  Almost.

I looked it up, and did you also know that he voiced Damuramu in Dragon Half, another ADV release?

Dragon Half's one of those rare cases where the dub's actually better than the sub, like Cromartie High, another ADV release!

And Tiffany Grant makes grown men cry!  She's the perfect Asuka!

(As an aside, in 2008, I feel like Geneon > ADV from 2000 and onward.)