Author Topic: August 30 Outage  (Read 1976 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
August 30 Outage
« on: August 31, 2021, 12:06:54 am »
Router bricked itself overnight August 29/30th. Its been troublesome for years, often requiring reapplying the firmware update file to make it responsive after an outage due to power loss. This procedure did not work this morning, nor did other tricks in my bag such as powercycling and pressing the factory reset button.

Replaced it but of course that requires a lot of reconfiguration, not all of which went correctly. (In particular my CNAME records that redirect the www subdomain to host had to be restored.) And a bad storm early this evening thanks to the outsstretched fingers of Tropical Depression Ida knocked me offline a few times, requiring me to reapply my DNS settings all over again. And Ida isn't done with us yet it seems, as its moving in this direction with more storms to come overnight and through tomorrow.

If you find something that doesn't work, let me know, with the understanding that storms may knock me offline again over the next 24 hours or so. I just hope I've got the new router configurated properly to run the site correctly when we are up.