Author Topic: About miki...  (Read 6279 times)

kang

• VIPER Initiate
    • Now Playing:
      ・so many..
About miki...
« on: April 06, 2021, 11:02:20 am »
A lot of time has passed, but I still often see cg in the viper series.

Whenever I look at viper, I always think that it would have been very good if miki had been used more.

For example, akira has a lot of endings. Like miki, this character has a very sexy design and is a woman I like.
Akira has a happy ending, of course, but there are endings in which she is sexually tortured or used as a complete sex slave.

In addition, cala is also a character with a very attractive design, and she suffered a lot of rape as a sex slave for a long time. Even though rsr is a poorly rated game, at least she had a lot of scenes that matched her charm.

I like miki the most among viper girls. The reason I fell in love with this series was that I accidentally saw her cg on the Internet. I think the scene where she was dragged by osamu and raped is a really well-made part. But I always think that miki was used too little for her charm.

I mean, there was a wish for miki to have at least one more bad ending. To take a more extreme example, osamu has a more explicit sexual desire for miki, so I often imagine osamu not releasing miki after the video shoot ends, but kidnapping her and raping her as a sex slave.
Interestingly, I wasn't the only one thinking about miki this way. Even in the adult game-related community I use, I have met a lot of people who are familiar with the series and want that ending for miki.

Are there any of you who, like me, think that the character miki is used a little for its charm? I am really curious.

It was written with Google Translator, so the content of the article will not be smooth. I'm sorry.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: About miki...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:59:19 pm »
Its a matter of how the game was written and how much exposure in that game she got.

Miki shows up in just one game: VIPER-CTR. VIPER-CTR has only a few short branches in its storyline (cum inside Asuka, pull out, etc.), none of which really impact the Miki sex scenes. You have her secudtion scene, and her rape scene, and that's it.

Akira has three full games: VIPER-V16, VIPER-GTB, and VIPER-GT1. Each has more branching than VIPER-CTR, with GTB and GT1 being later games with more content, so Akira has multiple endings.

Cala also only has one game, VIPER-RSR, but this is a huge game with a lot of content, so she has multiple sex scenes within this game and a few different endings.

Perhaps the authors would have liked an extra ending for Miki, but you have to remember this was their first CD game but they sold it on diskettes too. It was 40 (!!) diskettes. They couldn't justify more scenes if it meant 45, 50 or more diskettes. However, the novelization provides more story prior to what happens in the game and this was probably cut to justify fewer diskettes rather than extra Miki scenes. (We may have gotten a Shiori sex scene though.)

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 05:55:14 pm »
CTR was really Asuka and Captain's story, with Miki introduced as a foil. It was unusual enough to get the whole perspective-shift/flashback sequence post-credits. It almost seems like the original draft of the story just would have had the dream sequence for Miki, but they did want to do more with her and that's why the extra scene exists, even though it doesn't really fit into the main narrative.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 11:32:25 pm »
I absolutely agree with you kang. Even though Miki is not the focus of CTR I also felt that she was underused in the game. I do know that there is another user here who is working on a new game that features Miki in it as well, so hopefully he'll finish that soon so we can see more of her. I have been working on a project called VIPER-CTR R which is basically retelling the story of V10 the northern lights and CTR but with branching storylines and multiple different endings. It actually started from me wanting to expand the Miki rape scene at the end of CTR and became a bigger project from there. I don't know when it will be finished (there's still a lot of work to do) but I hope to post some updates here as I get more of it completed.

Mick Dones

• Casual VIPER Fan
  • "[...] Isn't this unforgivable to you?"
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・F40
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 02:42:58 am »
I still need to play with CTR, but I think I can give my 2 cents on this topic. We can probably all agree that for their charm, most Viper girls are under used. Just to make a few examples from my current favourite game, RSR:

• Princess Julietta, amazing design, unbelievably cute, gets only one scene.
  • Iota, another great character, gets basically no scene in the main game, and a couple of very disappointing ones in the DVD version.
  • The arguably Viper g.o.a.t. girl, Cala, although she gets plenty of action, most of her scenes are not very long. Comparatively speaking, I think she should have had a few more scenes, or even better some longer ones, such has the first encounter with Veloce.

More example could be made for nearly all games, for instance F40 is great but an additional alternative ending would have made it even better, M1 really feels more like a demo than a full game at times, and the list could go on...

More in general, I think that Viper games, in their own way, are true works of art. Most of them have a design that rivals even some of the best modern mainstream anime, and the gameplay, storyline and characters are on a different level from any other H-game ever released since then, unfortunately for us.

This is why, in my opinion, regardless how much we have, we all wish we had a bit more.

I am very curious to know what you guys think.

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 12:38:28 pm »
The saddest fact is that we'll probably never see the scenes that were cut from Viper RSR, especially the Julietta scene
BlackShadow

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 05:35:28 pm »
The saddest fact is that we'll probably never see the scenes that were cut from Viper RSR, especially the Julietta scene

Perhaps a single frame of one of thee Julietta scenes. Though she's naked here while the others she's wearing her dress so its unclear where this fit or if it was for an entirely new scene altogether.

Mick Dones

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・F40
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 10:42:06 am »
Realistically speaking the first scene with Veloce was supposed to be much longer (here's a frame). Then they obviously cut out a few more Cala and Julietta scenes.
I know I am a bit late in the party, since you probably answered this question a bilion times... But does anyone know why they went bankrupt?

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 01:46:33 pm »
Not hard to guess: 2D animated works don't sell enough to offset the development cost.

Those cut frames look so good. Any more from other games?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 05:25:45 pm by Moge »

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 03:39:07 pm »
Realistically speaking the first scene with Veloce was supposed to be much longer (here's a frame).

I don't believe that's an official storyboard. Looks like a different artist entirely.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 05:33:59 pm »
Moge is right, which is usually why we see eroge games where the characters are just a still image over a background. It's unfortunate but true.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 03:51:03 pm »
Here's some more from that Cala set. I'm reasonably sure these are not Edage Katsura's work either - rather, its from one of the doujin games but I don't know which one. (Its often tagged as being one of NARUHO-Dou's but its certainly not NARUHO's art.)

Saika

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR, Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online and EDOPro
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 12:22:53 am »
Realistically speaking the first scene with Veloce was supposed to be much longer (here's a frame). Then they obviously cut out a few more Cala and Julietta scenes.
I know I am a bit late in the party, since you probably answered this question a bilion times... But does anyone know why they went bankrupt?

imo they should had keep it long, Cala is one of the most popular girls in the viper sieres as well in RSR
Miki,#1 girl in VIPER CTR

Mick Dones

• Casual VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・F40
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 11:33:09 am »
imo they should had keep it long, Cala is one of the most popular girls in the viper sieres as well in RSR

I agree that they should have kept going... I think (but it is just my hypothesis) they had to cut a lot of scenes to reduce the costs, as they were probably already struggling from a financial stand point.

Some of us are actually trying to make a RSR remake happen, more updates soon to come.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 02:51:19 pm »
They had to make sure the game itself fit on CD media (and no more than 2 discs). They made the DVD version with some extra scenes, but DVD drives were still pretty rare then.

My best guess is the DVD version is mostly what was planned for the normal CD version. Some scenes shortened or cut to fit CD. Those scenes that were fully animated were restored to the DVD edition and anything that was still just undeveloped storyboard sketches were dropped. I think the few images we're seeing of uncompleted scenes were those cut from CD and not animated yet for inclusion in DVD.