Author Topic: VIPER-CTR question  (Read 7405 times)

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
VIPER-CTR question
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:14:18 am »
I've been working on a VIPER-CTR project for a while now, which will include retelling the story of V10 as well as CTR with some extras (for example showing how Miki and Osamu met interlaced with the V10 storyline). I have the gif set for both the PC98 version and the Windows version of CTR and I noticed something in the V10 ones that makes me wonder something. From what I understood Miki and Osamu had had sex at one point and then she turned him down afterwards which is what made him stalk her and eventually led to her gangrape. However in this gif of the PC98 version of CTR it looks like there might have been blood when Miki was getting raped and it makes me wonder if she was actually a virgin. Does anyone know the full extent of that relationship? Did they actually have sex and then she turned him down or was it just that Osamu was obsessed with Miki and she kept turning him down from the beginning?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: VIPER-CTR question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:51:38 pm »
I think that's just an artifact of the limited mosaic-ing of the PC98 version.  I think its pretty obvious from the story she is intended to be a non-virgin in the game but I don't think its explicitly stated as such, or that she'd had sex with Osamu earlier, only that they'd been friends and/or dated. Could be explained in more detail the novel though, but that requires a lot more Japanese knowledge or translation effort than I'm willing to perform. But there is more background on how Miki met Osamu there, including two pages of art from Edage Katsura, where its evident that he's probably older, been hanging with a bad crowd for a while, that he's seen her around, and that they were, at one time, friendly with each other (despite Asuka's distrust of guys like him.)  You are correct that they did have a falling out of some sort and he is stalking her by the time of the CTR story.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 06:13:39 pm »
Yeah I remember seeing those images in the novel. I'm kind of intrigued by the fact that Asuka knew Miki from before the events of CTR, I had always thought that Miki just showed up at Captain's house after showering and Asuka just saw a random woman in his home. I'll have to see if I can find someone who will take a commission request to translate the novel.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 06:44:29 pm »
In Captain's defense, Miki has a towel over her head so Asuka can't tell its her. It may have been a year or two since they've seen each other, too. Asuka is obviously very remorseful for slapping Captain once its obvious.

The novel may also alter the facts a little to make them aware of each other before the CTR game part of the story begins about midway through the book (after giving background on Asuka and Miki when they were younger and going through the V10 game part of the story)

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 07:47:01 pm »
That's true. It also seemed to add a female character that Asuka really looked up to when she was younger and apparently she get's raped, which gives a reason why Asuka doesn't trust men.

Rai

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-M1
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 09:33:17 pm »
Don't remember who posted it (it's somewhere on this forum), but I recall the 2nd pic came with a caption along the lines of Asuka thinking "Is that how couples interact in public?" with the implication that she and Miki don't know each other there, it's just happenstance that Asuka walked by Miki and Osamu in the street long before they met for the first time.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 11:11:17 pm »
Thanks Rai, that clears some of that up. I'm actually in talks with a freelance translator right now who is okay with working on this kind of material. He charges $.12 / english word. I'm going to hire him to do the translation for the book and if he does a good job on it, then I'm probably going to get him to translate the actual game.
However, I think I might have to rip the pages out of the book in order to get a good scan of them..
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:18:52 pm by BremenDruid »

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 01:33:15 am »
here's a pet project of mine,
http://viperctr.xyz/

you might be interested in, taken from multiple translation jobs
BlackShadow

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:47 pm »
Damn, nice work! I've read through some of it, and for the most part I can understand what's happening so it does clear up some of the questions I had. I went through with hiring the translator and if you'd like I can share his translations with you once he's done. I think afterwards I'm going to ask him to translate the game script as well.

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 10:07:41 pm »
oh yes, please do, that would be great
BlackShadow

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 07:11:41 am »
Okay, will do. I'll post translated material up here as it comes to me.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 11:46:07 pm »
I've put up the first part of the translation under the translation efforts section: http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3618.0

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 01:18:07 am »
Awesome, thanks
BlackShadow

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 12:01:31 pm »
So, new question, if anyone knows. I'm doing more work with character backgrounds and things like that and I just noticed that I don't know every character's full name. There are some that I found that I think works like: Wakahisa Miki or Iwamoto Osamu. Before I went too crazy with coming up with names for them is there anywhere that those names have already been divulged? I think the book say's that Takeshi's family name is Saburo, but other than that there are no other family names that are given.
Also Captain's name is never given, he's just referred to as "Captain" as far I know.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2020, 03:21:06 pm »
I'll check the novelization this weekend. The games don't provide it but the novel might.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 11:19:45 pm »
So I started going through the novel before Thanksgiving, but got pulled onto other things and didn't get it wrapped up until this evening.

In the book I could identify no last names for Captain, Asuka, Miki, Osamu, or Asuka's classmate Yuri.  Assignments of Wakahisa for Miki or Iwamoto for Osamu can't be proven by anything I saw. Where did you find the details for those surnames?

It definitely uses Captain as a name, not a title or position. Maybe they wrote V10 as if it was a title so the player could imagine themselves in the role, but in CTR its used as a given name.

Shiori's last name is Sakanoue. That's pronounced sah-kah-no-ooh-eh if all those vowels at the end confound you. Her name is given in the character bios right up front.

Takesi's last name is Misato (三郷), not Saburo. It gives his name twice in the story but not in the bios at the front.

Except for Shiori and Takesi, the surnames don't seem to be given in the story.  However, I've got Asuka's surname as "Toudou" (pronounced toh-doh) in my notes, but I'm not sure where that comes from. Its from the stencil card or maybe one of the garage kits - its not given in the book or the games. I'll have to figure out where this came from.

BremenDruid

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 09:30:18 am »
I didn't find those details, I just thought that those names would work together. Mostly I'm doing that because I'm creating bio pages and it seemed weird to just have some characters with one name and others with both the surname as well as their name. I suppose I could just skip over surnames altogether though.