Author Topic: Reiko Hinomoto to appear in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence  (Read 4430 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Reiko Hinomoto to appear in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
« on: September 20, 2005, 02:21:18 pm »
Check it:

http://movie.thisisgame.com/TGS%202005/mgs3s_tgs2005.wmv

Towards the end of the movie, Reiko (the main character from Rumble Roses) makes a guest appearance.  She'll more than likely be a secret character in the game's multiplayer mode.  The movie also hints that her alter-ego, Rowdy Reiko is set to make an appearence in the game as well.

The only thing cooler than playing as Reiko in MGS3 would have to be the game's online multiplayer mode.  I just can't imagine how awesome it would be to play Metal Gear Solid deathmatch style online-actually, I can, and it'd be even more amazing if you could run around as Reiko and powerbomb soldiers in the middle of gunfights. That's like CQC on a whole nother level right there. :D

Snorlax.RAYZR

• Addicted to Guru
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • TEIYAH !!!!!
Reiko Hinomoto to appear in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:05:41 pm »
Subsistence*

Quote from: Me on another site

The footage you saw is in-game. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but yeah.

There's a new Subsistence site as well, check out the Kojima Productions website and you can get to it from there.

There will be three discs for Subsistence:

-Disk 1: Subsist
-Disk 2: Persist
-Disk 3: Exist

Subsist will be your basic Integral-Substance disc, with the original MGS3 on it. Also there will be the new 3D camera so you can move it around freely as you like, as well as two new difficulty modes: the much expected EUROPEAN EXTREME and a new difficulty, SUPER DUPER EASY, most likely for people who have never touched a controller in their life. You'll also have the Demo Theater and be able to link the upcoming PSP game MGAC!D² with Subsistence. There's a new accessory that comes with MGA2 (I think) called the SOL!D EYE TOBIDAC!D and it's basically a Virtual Boy type add-on for the PSP. I personally think it'll cause a few problems -- your eyes are so fricken close to the screen. Anyway, the pictures you take in MGS3 can be transferred onto the PSP and when you use the SOL!D EYE, the images will basically show up 3D -- as in the characters will appear to be lunging at you.

Persist is what Subsistence is all about. You'll have the all new MGO feature -- playing MGS online with up to 8 people and about 5 different game modes: Sneaking Mission, DM, TDM, Capture Mission, and Rescue Mission. You'll apparently be able to choose your unit (GRU, Ocelot, KGB) and it seems Reiko from the Konami game Rumble Roses will be showing up in the online game.

You'll also have Duel Mode (much like in the Euro release), where you can relive the boss batttles without necessarily needing to replay the game), the Mini-Game Snake vs Monkey, featuring the monkeys from Ape Escape. SvM will have all the original levels from MGS3 as well as a few new levels.

For those who have been visiting the MGS3 site throughout the year you may have noticed a new section called "Secret Theater" -- This section was basically a bunch of hilarious Kojima-style spoofs and parodies from the game. They'll apparently be dubbed in English finally and we'll be getting some new Secret Theaters (one being "Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser" -- you need to watch the MGS4 teaser to understand, I'll explain it later on if you want).

Finally in disc two we'll be getting the first two original Metal Gear games (*note: Not Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 -- the two games are from the MSX way back in the day). The reason for this is because America only got the first Metal Gear game, and the game was so big when they ported it to Nintendo they had to cut parts. The translation was horrific ("I'm feeling sleepy!") and the final boss was not Metal Gear, but a super computer instead. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake was later on released in Japan, still too big to convert for the Nintendo. Data East then proceeded to make a totally non-canon and bull sequel called Snake's Revenge -- basically a side scrolling shooter -- a total insult.

When Metal Gear Solid came out fans had trouble following the story (especially the parts about Big Boss) and now there are a lot of youngsters getting into the Metal Gear franchise starting with MGS3, totally confusing their asses off, which is why Kojima decided to shove in the original MG and MG2 in Subsistence. Actually, a while ago (a year and a half?) the two games were released for cell phone users. They were the MSX versions, but with updated portraits. Big Boss was no longer Sean Connery and Snake wasn't some nasty American Dad -- they replaced the portraits with the more popular MGS look -- Yoji Shinkawa style. No problem with size problems for the conversion, that's for sure!

And last but definitely not least, there's disc three: Exist. To be brief about it, it's "MGS3: The Movie". It's basically a compilation of MGS3 cinematics pasted together with remastered sound and video, along with new footage to link the cinematics together so it'll feel a lot more like a movie. The disc is for the poor souls who were never able to finish the game. (Which is why Koji added "Super Duper Easy" mode I guess)

Subsistence will have two versions: The Headset Bundle and the First edition (tentative product name) Bundle. The Headset Bundle will of course have a headset for the online play -- when you game, voice chat makes things so much easier -- and the First Edition will be the same thing without the headset, and -with- disc 3.

So basically you're forced to choose: Disc 3 of a headset? Personally I'll be going for the First Edition Bundle -- I can manage without a headset. Also I'll be doing a lot of movie editing and I'll be capturing a lot of MGS3 footage. Finally, when playing online I could just phone up a friend -- and if the person's far away (like Pengitty) I guess we could just voice through the net or something. Ne?

Anyway, I'm guruing myself -- if there are any other questions, just ask.
[/quote]