Author Topic: Variable Geo  (Read 17374 times)

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Variable Geo
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 06:28:10 pm »
So far, I only played V.G. Max and Custom for PC. And the regular V.G. as well, even though I don't play that one often because...

1. The graphics are mediocre.
2. Not enough fighters.

V.G. Max was a disappointment because, as much as I sort of like chibis, there aren't enough to fill the V.G. Void.

Then there was Custom. There was a glitch in it if you are facing Jun Kabota. THE GAME FREEZES WITH THE MUSIC PLAYING. The only way for me to get around that glitch was to play as Jun herself. 

They ought to release the PS1 and Saturn games for the American version consoles. Or is that too controversial?

YeldellGW

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 12:41:14 am »
V.G. Max was a disappointment because, as much as I sort of like chibis, there aren't enough to fill the V.G. Void.

You're kidding, right?! PC fighter wise, V.G. Max is the best of the bunch.

10 characters are plenty.

Gameplaywise, Max has pretty much everything Advanced V.G. 2 has and then some.

LordRyunson

• Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 03:20:53 pm »
You're kidding, right?! PC fighter wise, V.G. Max is the best of the bunch.

10 characters are plenty.

Gameplaywise, Max has pretty much everything Advanced V.G. 2 has and then some.

Then they should make a sequel. Chibi Ayako, Chibi Elena, all the chibi's that the developers forgotten.... Even Chibi Miranda would make this alot more fun with silly endings, and more background, a chance to play every V.G. character in the universe! V.G. Max 2 would be AWESOME!!

Until then..... Hooray for V.G. Max 1.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 05:26:34 pm »
So far, I only played V.G. Max and Custom for PC. And the regular V.G. as well, even though I don't play that one often because...

1. The graphics are mediocre.
2. Not enough fighters.

Then there was Custom. There was a glitch in it if you are facing Jun Kabota. THE GAME FREEZES WITH THE MUSIC PLAYING. The only way for me to get around that glitch was to play as Jun herself. 

They ought to release the PS1 and Saturn games for the American version consoles. Or is that too controversial?
There's a patch for Custom that fixes the Jun Kubota Glitch.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to release domestic versions of the PS1 and SS games since they're very old and couldn't compete commercially with the cutting edge stuff on the market today.

Actually, now that you mention it, there's probably lots of money to be had if they instead released them on PSP.

None of the console versions had any hentai or ecchi so they're actually clean enough for a US release with little to no editing.

For what it's worth, I liked the first VG game a lot.  True, it has the color palette and depth of an NES game, but at the same time it's worth knowing that the graphics were cutting edge for the time it was released and the gameplay still remains fun after all of these years.

YeldellGW

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 09:22:23 pm »
Then they should make a sequel. Chibi Ayako, Chibi Elena, all the chibi's that the developers forgotten.... Even Chibi Miranda would make this alot more fun with silly endings, and more background, a chance to play every V.G. character in the universe! V.G. Max 2 would be AWESOME!!

While I would love to see Hiyori, Keiko and the Neo senshi mix it up with the classic V.G. senshi; chibi or otherwise,I wouldn't hold your breath.

GIGA lost the team that did the V.G. fighters some time ago.

Unless GIGA gives Team BALDERHEAD the go to do a new V.G. fighter, the future of V.G. fighters isn't looking so good.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to release domestic versions of the PS1 and SS games since they're very old and couldn't compete commercially with the cutting edge stuff on the market today.

Actually, now that you mention it, there's probably lots of money to be had if they instead released them on PSP.

Well anything's possible.  Both Advanced V.G. games were already re-released for the import PS One some time ago.

For what it's worth, I liked the first VG game a lot.  True, it has the color palette and depth of an NES game, but at the same time it's worth knowing that the graphics were cutting edge for the time it was released and the gameplay still remains fun after all of these years.

I like the original V.G. fighter as well.

Aside from the simplicity of the game (Jump kicks pretty much own most attacks.), it's still a nice game.  Much like the original Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury games, it's still more playable than the original Street Fighter.