Author Topic: Mecha of all types.  (Read 17744 times)

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
Re: Mecha of all types.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 06:21:01 pm »
I'm not taking classes anymore just doing research.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:36 pm »
Kudos on digging up Faraday's Law from the graveyard of my mind.  I probably havent heard that term in ten years.
But everything you've said is right.
And I suspect that if you did the calculations (and you seem more capable than me of doing so) that the Earth's own magnetic field would yield a greater "per unit cost" of electric force within a few thousand kilometers of Earth's surface rather than the solar energy captured by the 8 million km radius ring suggested by Gundam.

For the record I'm not from NASA either.  But I do have a Masters degree in Computer Science and a load of various practical science electives under my belt (multiple courses in physics, chemistry, and astronomy) so I'm something of an egghead.

bfg00

• Fleet Admiral
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 10:47:17 pm »
Kudos on digging up Faraday's Law from the graveyard of my mind.  I probably havent heard that term in ten years.
But everything you've said is right.
And I suspect that if you did the calculations (and you seem more capable than me of doing so) that the Earth's own magnetic field would yield a greater "per unit cost" of electric force within a few thousand kilometers of Earth's surface rather than the solar energy captured by the 8 million km radius ring suggested by Gundam.

Sounds about right.  As for Faraday's Law I heard it mentioned last week during a colloquim I was at.  Ah the joys of still being in school.