Author Topic: NEW VIPER DAY  (Read 58986 times)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: NEW VIPER DAY
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2014, 06:46:24 am »
You'd need to find someone make a homebrew kit, and it won't be easy.  It's her ears - a modeler would need to find a head that closely enough matches hers, and models with pointed ears are much rarer and with less variety. Or they'd have to make it from scratch, and that's probably not easy.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »
In this age of 3D printing it can easily be done. The real question is if there's an artist capable of rigging a decent character model.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2015, 05:25:15 pm »
Some new stuff I got late in 2014 that I'm just now getting around to taking pictures of and listing on my collection page:

Plus I got 29 new telecas.  26 came from a singler seller who was dumping 70-80 of them. Quite the haul but I lost 16 more I wanted that went at a higher than the price I wanted.

I do have one more item for sale though, one of the rare, individually numbered M1 telecas.  This came from the same seller unloading his lot, but I'd gotten one a few weeks earlier from a different seller.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 04:09:42 pm »
So what Viper swag don't you have in these two pictures? So much cool stuff in one place. I'd kill for those door size posters of Asuka and Akira.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 08:16:37 am »
So what Viper swag don't you have in these two pictures? So much cool stuff in one place. I'd kill for those door size posters of Asuka and Akira.

I have all those posters (including the door sized Akira) except Island Vol 1 and 4 in the upper right corner (I have 2, 3, and 6; 5 isn't pictured here so that may indicate when this photo was taken).  I presume I have all of the games/artbooks on the shelves but its tough to tell what they are unless they stand out color-wise (F50 box on the right is obvious)

Don't have the door-sized Asuka poster on the left side of the post.  Also don't have the Asuka/Miki poster in the upper middle or the V16 Rise girls poster next to it.  In the far back of the room it looks like theres a poster of the F40 box cover which I don't have.  And in the lower left looks like a poster of the M1 cover.  Impossible to tell what the things on the shelf are (looks like masks; maybe Osaka Prowres stuff?)  The angle isn't high enough to see what's on the table.  These are hard to see becuase they are small but if you know what they look like you can see a stand with COSPA shirts just right of center on bottom half, in front of the Raika Digital Illustrations 2000 R poster you can partially see on the right side of the post) - I've got the Asuka/Miki shift on the right but not the Akira one on the left.  Not sure what is hanging on the bottom of that stand (Asuka towel perhaps? Whatever it is it's larger than a shirt.)

My door sized Akira poster is pretty worn on the edges.  If I ever get another one that's in better condition I'll sell you this one.

Nitorin

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-BTR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Titanfall
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 04:02:00 pm »
Damn...so  many things I wish I had in one picture...

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 04:43:24 pm »
Check this out.  Let the envy commence.

Item cost me nearly $200 and over $100 to ship, but its AWESOME. Full sized, too. I put a regular 12"/30cm ruler and 16oz cola can at the bottom for comparison.

It's my new favorite item in my collection because its something never actually sold to customers.  This was put outside shops as advertisement, and given its size and potentially outdoor nature, there can't be very many of them. Maybe just this one. AND IT'S MINE.

uphillbattle

• Sucker of Collectibles
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper GT/B/S/1 & RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth & Street Fighter 6
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2018, 02:12:47 am »
wow congratulations on your acquisition JG!  :o

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2018, 02:26:02 am »
YOWZA! $200 for that sounds like an absolute steal for an incredibly rare and large piece of merch :rattydance

Wouldn't mind seeing the shipping box that thing came in

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2018, 04:12:29 am »
Holy crap! 
BlackShadow

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2018, 10:31:56 am »
Wouldn't mind seeing the shipping box that thing came in

Well I've already broken it down and thrown it in the recycling bin for pickup so I can't take a photo, but yeah, it was a huge box.  The stand roughly folds in half (maybe a 60-40 split) but the box was still a good 4 foot tall, maybe 3 and half wide, and maybe 4 inches deep. Not an official box of course, just something the seller assembled from smaller cardboard boxes.  Rinkya then had to put that in a slighter larger cardboard box of their own.

It was so big in fact, that they had to ship it separately from the other items in my shipment. The other box was quite a bit smaller, containing a copy of Animahjong V3 for X68000 computers I'll be listing for sale soon, five more telecas for my collection, the rare Asuka trading card and stencil, and an original cel - Akira's expression at end of V16 when Saki arrives back at Anne Mitters. I don't have a picture of the cel yet but its the frame below. Being the very last frame of the very last animation of the 'good end' sequence of a super-popular game, it was rather expensive itself ($149)

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2020, 01:14:00 pm »
Been while since I've had something significant to share.  Mostly just picking up an extra outstanding teleca or two every few months with no real "WOW!" type of acquisitions. And with Covid-19 pandemic this year, its been really hard as few people are selling and its damn hard to get shipments out of Japan due to the ongoing postal blockage.

Here's something I just got in this week (via FedEx rather than JapanPost): an uncolored cel of the Miki finger wag just before the end of VIPER-CTR, specifically frame 17 of 19 of scene ASG1.

One of the neat things is that the coloring was done on the backside and in reverse. This indicates that at least by the time of CTR Sogna was using backlit desks, so that when someone painted the transparent sheet for the cel they could see both the color guide and the lines from the same sheet of paper, instead of two sheets (with the color guide being semi-transparent copying paper)

Same seller was selling one of the cels from the rape scene, too, but I couldn't compete with the two bots waging nuclear war over it. The final price for it ended at 55,000 yen (nearly $600 after fees and shipping), making it the single most expensive piece of VIPER memorabilia I've ever seen sell on YJA (other items have been listed higher but not sold.) I was able to get my cel for a mere 7500 yen, or about $95 after fees. I've added a picture of that cel as attachment for anyone interested in exactly what frame from the game it was.

I also got a large collection of Carrera telecas in the same shipment. It was a lot of nearly all the Carrera telecas, including five I needed. Easier to just buy the set to get the ones I needed than try to piecemeal them later, especially since the ones I still need are mostly on the rare side. So, I've got a large set of Carrera telecas for sale: Two of the JACOM and one of the 2000 Winter two-card sets with backing cards, 19 unsetted cards with Carrera in them, and a lone Mercedes. If anyone wants them let me know. I'll post them to the For Sale Page soon but if someone wants to make an offer on some (or all) of them earlier drop me a private message and we can work something out for them. See attachment for a photo.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2020, 09:47:48 pm »
The line art is so clean. Love it.

Is that Rati being sandwiched between Carrera and Akira on one of those telecas?

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2020, 07:12:10 am »
Is that Rati being sandwiched between Carrera and Akira on one of those telecas?
No, its Mika from M1.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 10:32:48 am »
The telecas are now listed on the For Sale page, minus the two Jacom sets that a member has requested.

I've also instituted a new discount policy: In addition to the existing 20% off if a teleca is purchased with a game or artbook, I'm now offering the same 20% off if three telecas are purchased together, or 30% off if both conditions are met (i.e., 3 telecas and a game or art book.)  Hopefully this is enough incentive to get you guys more interested in taking them off my hands.  Telecas have not proven to be great sellers for me in the past and I never buy them for resale - the ones I offer are always duplicates of cards I've already got that come in a larger set I've bought.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2021, 05:38:34 pm »
Some new figures I got a few days ago now that I've finally been able to get shipments from the Buyee warehouse in Japan again.

These all sculpted by Satoshi Iwahashi (岩橋 聡) and were repackaged later by Sogna as part of their official series. These seem to be earlier models for sale at either JAF-CON or Wonderfest (or both?) which was a major vinyl and resin figurine convention. Note that the photo supplied on the paperwork doesn't at all match the figurine. The Carrera and Mercedes models are both standing and the Asuka has an open shirt and the kendo stick behind her head.

In an unexpected move, I ended up with TWO of the Asuka figures. One (pictured above) had paperwork while the other was just figure in bag, and the way they were turned and partially covered with paperwork I couldn't tell when bidding that they were the same model. So, for the first time ever I will have a VIPER figurine for sale on the website. I'm going to have to ask a steep price for it though. These typically sell for $100 or more and while these were a little less, averaging $87 between the two, this doesn't count international shipping which is very high right now. I've got to ask $150 for it. I can photocopy the two pieces of paperwork. Attachment shows what it would look like assembled and painted (if that was your goal). Anyone interested in it can private message me or send an email. Though if several of you guys ask I may have to auction it to the highest bidder.

I also got this Akira figurine sold at Wonderfest 2000, but have no idea who sculpted it. It seems to be a bit smaller, probably 1/8 scale as opposed to the normal 1/6.

Saika

• Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Viper CTR, Viper RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online and EDOPro
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2021, 01:42:05 am »
NICE!

im a guess there hard to get.
Miki,#1 girl in VIPER CTR

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2021, 10:56:34 pm »
Yeah, I see a figure come up on auction maybe once a year. And suddenly one seller had 7 or 8 of them. I remember he had the Raika bust and I tried for that one and lost it. Probably another one I don't remember and probably a few I could identify that I already had.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2022, 09:26:43 am »
Rare to come across Sogna/VIPER stuff I didn't know existed. Found these two posters in a bulk set someone was selling. The Rise poster underneath I knew about but do not remember ever seeing it for sale - the top Asuka and Miki is entirely new though: I knew the art on either side was used in telecas and promotional art, but had never seen them combined into a poster. The bulk set was 70 posters so I'll be getting a lot of non-VIPER anime stuff and if anyone is interested in late-90s/early 2000s anime/h-game posters let me know via private message I can resell them to you for cheap once they arrive in about a month. Description and photos indicated Slayers, Memories Of, and many To Heart posters though probably several other series are mixed in there as well.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
      ・Linda³ Again
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2022, 05:26:39 pm »
Nice find. That's a crazy amount of posters to get. Would it be possible for you get all those posters laid out on the ground for a picture? I'm a big Slayers so i wouldn't mind seeing those.