Author Topic: Tales of the dirty janitor, Elf's -saku series!  (Read 20319 times)

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
Tales of the dirty janitor, Elf's -saku series!
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:00:58 am »
Has anyone else here played any of Elf's hentai games starring the near identical-looking set of brothers, Isaku, Shusaku or Kisaku? Or seen any of the anime starring them?
Chances are, if you've done much animated smut browsing, you've probably run across a few images from at least one of the series.
The dirty old men of the series are pretty memorable at least, if you've seen a horrible-looking middle-aged man with vaguely discoloured, greyish skin a dark blue tracksuit and a cloth/tower draped over his shoulders, then chances are it was one of the -saku siblings.

So, what does anyone make of the series? I've played Isaku and Shusaku, and watched their anime series, but I never got round to trying Kisaku.

A brief run-down of what they're all about.
Isaku, the first in the series has a bit of a horror movie set-up, as it features a bunch of teenagers(mostly girls) and their teacher trying to escape a delapidated school building that they've been lured into by a nutty janitor (Isaku).
If the protagonist(Kenta) loses track of any of his buddies, Isaku abducts and rapes them(provided they're female) then, for reasons best left known to himself, leaves videotapes of the raping behind for Kenta to watch.

There were two anime adaptations, I think, the first being a straight adaptation of the game's story, which looks a little old now but otherwise isn't bad, and the second, an alternate telling of the same events which looked better but was harder to follow and excised most of the characters(mostly the male ones, thankfully).

Shusaku came a few years later, starring Isaku's near identical brother at an exclusive music school for girls where, rather than employ Isaku's horror-movie bogey-man approach, he uses cameras to spy on then blackmail the girls into having sex with him.
There is one girl that he can never get under his power though, and the game seems to have a rather surreal ending(from what I can tell, I don't understand Japanese).

The second game earned itself three anime adaptations, Shusaku, a pretty straightforward adaptation of the game, Shusaku Replay a higher quality retelling of the same events that goes into increasingly surreal 4th wall-breaking territory from halfway onwards, and Shusaku Liberty, which gets weird as Hell but allows Shusaku to finally have his way with that last elusive girl, Eri.

I never played the last of the series, Kisaku, and while I watched a few episodes of the anime, I don't really recall what they were about(apart from the obvious, a creepy middle-aged man having sex with young women).
Kisaku seemed to have the most humour to it however, but I don't think it caught my interest to the same extent. I did find some interest in his fairly nonsensical, misogynistic philosophy though. Actually, spouting weird beliefs is a trait common between both Shusaku and Kisaku.

You should probably be able to find most of the various anime series here.
As for the games, I found and downloaded Shusaku at Hongfire, but don't know about the others. I've found two versions of Shusaku, one with voices and one without, and I have to say, leaving out the voices makes it feel a little dull.
Luckily, the version on hongfire is the one with speech intact.

My personal preference for the series tends to be Shusaku > Isaku > Kisaku. How do the rest of you feel about them?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:14:45 am by VelcroStraps »

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Re: Tales of the dirty janitor, Elf's -saku series!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:13:01 am »
My personal preference for the series tends to be Shusaku > Isaku > Kisaku. How do the rest of you feel about them?
I've been aware of the series, but haven't delved in it too deeply as its titular character comes off as a little too creepy.

While it's true that rape is a common theme in hentai, most of the time the rapist is obscured so that the audience can focus more on the rapee in question.

And this is semi-related, but there is a mod that lets you play as Isaku in 3D Custom Girl.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:26 am »
Understandable, I suppose. I can get that the -saku siblings repulsiveness might put people off, I certainly found him pretty horrible to look at to begin with, but I think it's one of my less pleasant tics that I kind of like hideous rapists in hentai.

I think Elf might have considered how off-putting the lads' appearance can be, as in the Shusaku game when it comes time for Shusaku to have his way with the girls, the scene can be played from one or two angles, one of which is from Shusaku's perspective so obviously you don't see him, only parts of him like his hands and his oddly-glowing penis. You don't hear his voice either.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:41:04 am »
I think there's actually a fetish attributed to unsavory rapists.  At least, it'd explain why I've seen so many in hentai over the years.

My guess is that what turns people on about it isn't the unsavory rapist so much as the thought of a pure, innocent girl being defiled by what can be described as a monster(And in hentai, this happens figuratively and literally!)

But I really wonder if part of Isaku's popularity is that Japanese people can relate to him, at least in the sense that he looks like the stereotypical creepy working class janitor that they may have had at their very school.

Or dare I say it, find him endearing.  It's a hentai.  You know people are going to get raped, and we want those fictional maidens defiled!  Do we send in the most dashing, handsome, eloquent, long haired pretty boy to do the job?

Fuck no, we send in Isaku, the ugly school janitor with fish lips and a 5 'o clock shadow!

Go get 'em Isaku!  Make 'em きゃあああ!(Kyaaaa!) and はなして!(hanashite!) like they've never kyaaaa'ed and hanashite'd before!

Moge

• Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
    • Now Playing:
      ・Transiruby, Splatoon 3: Side Order
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 09:20:16 pm »
The series would mingle well with Teruaki Murakami at the director's helm.

Its funny looking back at old hentai, which is exactly what we do on this forum.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:58:32 am »
I don't know this "Murakami" chap particularly well, does he have any particular traits as a director that'd make him well-suited to this?

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 02:44:34 pm »
Teruaki Murakami has a certain flair to his work other directors don't possess: fast animations, great camera work and splooge animations, and the women who get raped look like they've totally lost it.  It's not for everybody (some people can't stomach the depravity, like probably Hyperdood), but wow, he puts to shame every other hentai director out there.

Check out his latest work: Kangoku Senkan

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 06:46:01 pm »
I can stomach depravity, but don't personally find most of it appealing(in other words, I've seen more bad than good depravity scenes).

I'm going to have to agree that Murakami's not for everybody.  From what I saw in Asagi and Ingrid, I get the impression that his camerawork's goal is moreso to induce motion sickness than to try to arouse the viewer.  I can't speak too highly of it, but it does appear to have developed a following.

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 11:21:09 am »
Here's a screen of the Isaku model for 3DCG.

Moge

• Forum Administrator
    • Now Playing:
    • Onna Hole
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »
I hope that's a male model for 3DCG >_>

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 12:51:59 pm »
Is he holding some chick?
You know, I think that guy's model carries a credible sense of malice.

Also, bring me up to speed, what's this 3DCG thing?

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 02:12:52 pm »
I hope that's a male model for 3DCG >_>

It's a male model.

Is he holding some chick?
You know, I think that guy's model carries a credible sense of malice.

Also, bring me up to speed, what's this 3DCG thing?

3DCG, aka 3D Custom Girl is a hentai game that's basically a glorified character creator that supports user created mods.

We've got a thread for it here.

You can use it to create your own bishoujo and fuck her(there's also non-ero actions like being able to kiss her or pat her on the head.)  There's hundreds of customization options, but unlike AG3, the interface is intuitive and allows for customization on the fly.  You can also pose multiple models and objects in the game's poser mode.

Also, when no one was looking, I added a board to Carrerachan for it here:
http://hyperguy.net/carrerachan/3d_eroge/

...Which I'm also going to use to post Yusha scenes. >_>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:17:10 pm by HG »

MMX

• Bang the doll slowly.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:59 pm »
I never played the games or watched the anime, but I have a lot of CG collections of the -saku games.  His hairy legs kind of bother me the most.  Not the whole.... creepy skincolor/fishlips thing.

Also - wtfomg anybody who hates on Murakami is a fasco-commie.  Asagi changed my life for the better and "Prison Battleship" is turning out to be pretty cool too.

only downside is the overly quick animations and the tendency to "move" the camera back and forth and blur/focus it repeatedly >.>

Dylmos

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 04:46:12 pm »
I gust dled Isaku could some one who has played the game do a quick walkthrough.  Big thanks in advance!

Hyperguy

• Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 02:17:03 am »
Since you gust downloaded it and have a copy, why not write up a walkthrough as you play it?

I mean, just saying, since you gust downloaded it and all.

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »
There's a walkthrough in this hongfire thread.
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49065

I think it's in the first post by master Pivot.

Dylmos

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:32:00 pm »
I would if I knew how to read japanese :-(

VelcroStraps

• Serious VIPER Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 01:30:06 pm »
I'll take it that you're responding to Hyperguy, rather than myself.

Dylmos

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 12:53:54 pm »
yep, thanks for the link :-)

yeyek

• Casual VIPER Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 01:08:36 pm »
VelcroStraps:
I have all 3 -saku games with speech from Hongfire. I also have Isaku DOS/V version. But you will need DosBox and DOSJ (for the Japanese fonts) to play it.

I like thriller movies so I like Isaku the best. Imagine you are in the abandoned old school :)