Author Topic: Here is a toughy  (Read 36549 times)

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
Here is a toughy
« on: November 20, 2009, 02:22:39 am »
Holy crap i cant believe this site is still here. I know damn well no one here remembers me.

But sadly i come seeking help from you all. (hope i dont seem like a jerk)
You help me obtain what i feel is a complete collection of viper gifs Bt I was hoping i could get your guy's help in tracking down a different game.

I knew of this game for a long time but cant seem to track down anything from it.

Battle Team lakers.
http://yukatakeuchifan.bakunyuu.com/natsune.html
This link is the closest thing i ever found of images and what not from the game. Then i came across the attached gif to this thread. I didnt know it was animated! Now i have to find it. But all searches lead me to the crappy OVA made.

Does anyone know anything related tot his game! i cant find any sign of it.

On a related note does anyone even know any good sies fro collections of bishoujo games?

If this game is found im gonna make screen captures and movie files of it as soon as i do!.
I Kill Bitchess for less....

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Here is a toughy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:56:35 am »
The Japanese title is 聖少女戦隊レイカーズ (Seishoujo Sentai Lakers)  It's hard to find anything about it because its old.

It was originally a 3 game series in the mid-90s for PC98 hardware. The OVA came a little bit later and is a huge disappointment becuase it didn't utilize the series artist, Kantori.  If you've seen the NEEDLE GARDEN or Genchichiken series, you've seen his stuff.

The game's producer was APPLE PIE, who has long been out of business.  Would have been nice to have seen a remake of it though.

I could get you the games but they're bloody hard to play (Japanese knowledge required) and only work in true DOS (can't run in Windows DOS modes)  You'll probably be happier with just the CG anyway:
Lakers 1
Lakers 2
Lakers 3

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 03:41:23 pm »
Wow also forgot how great you guys were for having stuff like that lying around! Thank you very much. Now i don't have to play the first 2 games!

I did find the games ironically! i can play them on anex86.

The 3rd one you gave me is taking a while to load but im gonna assume the animations aren't in there?
i did come across a set from some one else that gave me all the frames to make animated gifs from the 3rd game.

HOWEVER
It didnt have the animations from the sex scenes (they are only like 4 or 5 frames long but i want the bounce action =P). . . and untill i get back from work im gonna assume the archive you gave me doesn't have all the frames for the sex scenes either.

So yes it is gonna be tough navigating around the game in japanese =/ and with no walkthrough. . . But i did wanna get a capture off those animations.

IT shouldn't be greatly hard for the first set of scenes.

The only one problem is that i think there are different endings with all the girls. . . so if the ending sex scenes are animated then i guess im gonna have to play the game over and over again till i have a save file for each ending. . . T-T unless i get to choose which girl at the end. then that wont be to bad. .  I could also be wrong on the alternate ending in general.

This is all assuming of course you haven't supplied me with an alternative in the set. Ill check when i get back from work.

But thank you for what you have given me thus far! saved me a lot of work!

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:26:07 am »
no my friend you do indeed rock!. The file came with the sex scenes and then it has smaller pics of the animated parts. a little work in photoshop and i have this animated gif!

And since they are already kept in the same size this has now became a FRACTION of the work i was expecting to do by playing the game.

Many thanks!
I will be sure to share the fruits of my labor once done if anyone is interested in gif images.

IF not then i wont bother.

But either way thank you!

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:53:44 pm »
Welcome.

By the way, the ending scenes aren't animated, just oversized so they scroll up. The only animations are in the in-game H-scenes and the Lakers girls' transformations, and only in game 3.

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:42:08 am »
well here is all the gifs i made so far. all that's left are the ones of them doing special attacks.
I'll have those done when i get them organized. some were off and a bit confusing.

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 03:45:18 am »
By the way. I thought i mite test your knowledge a little further.
Here I thought i was at the end of my search and i stumble across this pic of all times. . . at the end of my 2 week search and work.

It looks like the character Natsune. . . But its too clear to be from a game and is to good to be from the anime. . .
Do you know what this is taken from. . .?? Box art perhaps?

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 12:58:58 pm »
Looks like promotional artwork.  It matches the same style of art before it's digitized.

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »
ya i figured it would be something like that. I think im just gonna be happy i have the  game CG and settle. at least i got hat probably is the only promo art of Natsune. shes the only one i liked =P

Don't wanna waste another 2 weeks browsing random japanese sites looking for it.

But if anyone knows anything feel free to share =D

Any who here are the rest of the gifs. I fixed number 13. apparently the old one didn't want to loop.

And as for the the action gifs. The purple haired one was the one that had an odd order in the folder. I couldn't figure it out so i just made it as is.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 08:25:15 pm »
Its one of the images from the Lakers artbook.  Kantori also put the same image into his NEEDLE GARDEN 3 set. (It's a cleaner image than the one from the artbook so I've posted it instead.)

But if anyone knows anything feel free to share =D

Oh, I can answer just about anything about the Lakers series.  While VIPER is my expertise, my fascination with Lakers isn't far behind. (I'd discovered it two years before VIPER.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:34:30 pm by JG00 »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 10:19:34 pm »
And since someone will undoubtedly ask if I don't, I'll give some background to the series:

The Lakers team are the reincarnated souls of six survivors of Blade Star, an ancient alien civilization whose inhabitants were nearly wiped out in a civil war.  Coming to Earth, they transformed themselves into tiny crystals and became part of the host bodies of several babies. The kids grew up not knowing anything about this and their powers only manifest after they have sex together.

The games take place over the course of a full school year, the last three of high school for all but one of the characters.  Thus, the series was always meant to end with game 3.

Akira Daidoudzi -
The only male of the group, the oldest, and the tallest.  He’s the leader of the whole team but isn’t considered a Laker himself.  When his powers manifest, he becomes Blade Knight, who wears white armor, helmet, and sports a huge sword, giving him the best offense in battle. As the only guy in the group, it takes his involvement to manifest the powers of the five girls. He falls hard for Reiko and after they have sex they discover their hidden powers together. He’s good at soccer and by the third game is captain of the team and hopes to go to a university on a soccer scholarship.

Reiko Kagurazaka -
The redhead and leader of the Lakers girls. She’s the third oldest of the girls, average in height (5’3”) and build, and also quite average in battle stats. She’s a singer/idol and by the third game becomes so famous that the time it takes to invest in her singing starts to wear on her relationship with Akira, who she started dating at the end of the first game but breaks up with at the start of the third game.  She’s generally kind and loving through the first two games, but rather isolated in the third. The other girls are all jealous of her relationship with Akira. Her powers manifest as Star Laker.

Chiaki Kurata -
The taller girl with long purple hair. She’s second in charge of the Lakers girls, the oldest, and second tallest (5’6”).  Not necessarily Reiko’s best friend, but the one she feels most comfortable the others will follow if she were to fall in battle. She’s kind of a slacker and can often be found up on the roof skipping class.  She likes to keep her blouse untucked and even carries around a cigarette (though its never lit) but it’s just to keep up appearances, as she’s actually a very insecure young lady.  She doesn’t see much need for education because she plans to learn how to be a master chef from her father, who runs a restaurant.  She’s a fair cook now, at least better than the other girls but she can’t make sweets for some reason.  She’s got a serious crush on Akira but would never admit it openly. She has short fuse and is easily angered – she often scuffles with Natsune, who she sees as her rival and the only woman as strong as she is. Her powers manifest as Kung-fu Laker and she’s quite fast with a powerful offense and above average defense.

Natsune Tachibana -
The one most people recognize, because of her huge chest.  She’s the second youngest but tallest (5’7”) and strongest.  She’s #3 in the pecking order of Laker girls.  She’s something of a tomboy and can usually be found in the dojo training after school.  She wishes to be more feminine though.  She and Akira have been best friends since they were small children and when she finally develops feelings for him it becomes awkward between them.  Since they live next door to each other they often walk to and from school together. Her crush on Akira isn’t as strong as the others, but it pains her deeply to see him heartbroken in game 3 after Reiko essentially dumps him, and she tries to make things better in her special way (wink wink, hint hint.)  She manifests as Judo Laker.  Her heavy armor makes her move very slow in battle but she’s devastatingly powerful and possesses the strongest defense.  The only food she feels comfortable preparing for others are cakes.  When she goes to college she wants to major in sports medicine and become a professional trainer, though the chance to compete in the Olympics is still out there.

Yayoi Hikawa -
The one with long dark hair and glasses, though the glasses were not introduced until game 3. She’s the second oldest, but #4 of the Lakers girls because she’s short (5’2”), timid, and frail. She’s undisputedly the smartest of the five though and is usually the peacemaker of the group when the four hotheads start to argue. She’s often in the library, reading and studying.  She doesn’t hang around the other four girls as much because of her heavy school workload but enjoys their company when she can. She also helps out at her family’s Shinto temple. Her powers manifest as Soul Laker, a defensive position mainly devoted to healing and stats improvement, so she has poor offense and defense.

Yuka Moriyama -
Pink haired one.  She’s a year behind than the other girls (though only a few months younger than Natsune.)  She looks like the shortest but she’s not at 5’5”. Mostly cheerful, she’s the assistant captain of the soccer club and since Akira graduates at the end of game 3, she’ll be the captain next year. She considers Natsune her best friend, and hangs around her a lot.  Fairly flat-chested compared to the other girls, she’s somewhat jealous of and tries to mimic what Natsune eats in the hopes it’ll improve her bust size. (And it seems to backfire because she’s a decent size in 2 but back to flat in 3.)  She’s not really as childish as she acts and has a serious crush on Akira.  She manifests as Bunny Laker with big ears and paws – fast in battle but not that strong and a poor defense.

And now, the non-Lakers girls who become targets in game 3.  In order to get these girls, you’ll generally miss some event that would allow you to get one of the Lakers girls, or win them at the end.

Mika Meijima -
She’s the one who has brown hair in twin braids. She’s Yuka’s classmate and a close friend.  Introduced in game 2, she’s possessed by one of the Lakers enemies and tries to seduce Akira to weaken him so he’s unable to protect the Lakers girls. In game 3 she can become Akira’s girlfriend for a while, but her interests soon turn to the captain of the baseball team. Younger than Yuka, she’s got a pretty large chest for her age (not Natsune size but her description indicates proportionally equal to Reiko or Chiaki’s size.)  I believe you can get both her and Natsune in chapter 1, but I don’t know what the consequences are.

Miho Saitou -
The blonde. Also in Yuka’s grade, but not the same class.  She’s been training to be an idol since she was a child, so she’s never had friends, let alone a boyfriend.  Reiko is her rival and she feels that if she could win Akira (if even for a night), she’d finally beat her rival at something.  I’m certain you can’t get her and Reiko because their sex events occur at the same time.

Shiori Asagara -
The long blue-haired girl with the towel.  She’s one of the enemies who has lost her memory and Akira takes her into his home in the hopes that she might reveal some plan the enemy had. He falls for her though.  Getting her eliminates Reiko’s ending and I think it also prevents you from getting Yayoi’s scene.

Sensei Aya Nogami -
Your homeroom teacher.  She’s been a teacher for just a few years, so she’s still in her early 20s. She can be gotten when the team and a few classmates go to a resort during fall break.  She seems unhappy and if Akira investigates, he finds she’s been drinking. So she’s pretty easy to get.  I don’t know what the consequences are, but if you do Aya you miss the Peeping John scene Akira has when the Lakers girls are relaxing in the hot spring.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:24:18 pm by JG00 »

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 12:59:18 pm »
HA HA wow! and yes i read that all and ti was very helpful. I had shared the same fascination with this series for a while. but back then i wasn't as educated as i was on tracking this stuff down. I remember tracking viper was a BITCH back then. But i did get an entire collection eventually.

I just didnt want to look again for this.
Till i saw that blasted animated gif! didn't know it was animated and just had to find it now.

And thanks to you im complete.

I think i know were to find that art book so i should be ok.

But if you have yet any more quick links by all means feel =P

But seriously great help! thanks!

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 01:02:52 pm »
oops i take that back. i can only find the needlegarden book. Not the art book. do you by chance have that laying around =P?
Hope im not a bother again.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 09:34:39 am »
I've never seen full scans of the art book.  I know YTF had scans of the Natsune pages at one time but otherwise nada. I got my copy of off ebay many years ago, though YJ auctions would be a better place to find it now.

You wouldn't be missing much though - that image was the only one that I think is unique to the art book.  Everything else is in-game pictures or the sketches for those pictures. That and a couple of character face sketches.  The artbook does have character bios and a walkthrough and a timing chart to know where all the girls are at a certain time though, which is very useful if you're attempting to play it.

XheroX

• Engaged VIPER Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 02:17:30 pm »
Being an art and animation major i kinda splurge over that kind of stuff. so no i wouldnt mind having it at all. production sketches and all that stuff is nice. So I just may try and look for some scans or maybe even a auction.

But im not gonna go crazy over it. Im happy with what i all have now. but once again if you have any links that could bring me closer to and end to this search, i am at attention.

Graen

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »
Hi there,

I also happen to be a fellow Lakers fan, and was wondering if anyone knew how to convert the .OZ2 files from the original games to something useful like .BMP's.  I ask this, because from the zip files that were posted here earlier, I noticed they did not include all the art from the games.

As a token of good will, here are links to the Laker's Art Book and NEEDLE GARDEN Special.01
EDIT: Even when something is free, people still complain.  *le sigh*

Thanks,
Graen
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 01:06:53 pm by Graen »

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 09:18:05 pm »
As a token of good will, here are links to the Laker's Art Book and NEEDLE GARDEN Special.01.
Those aren't links to Laker's Art Book and Needle Garden Special 01.

Those are links to e-hentai, where you have to earn and spend imaginary internet money to download them.

That's like giving someone a can for their birthday while knowing they don't have a can opener.

Or like me linking to EditDisk while knowing that you don't have a converter for .OZ2 files.

黒い灯影

• Mr. Monkey in the moon
  • Forum Administrator
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Unleashing the monkey inside!!
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・VIPER-RSR
    • Now Playing:
      ・Viper RSR
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:35 am »
Rapidshare/Megaupload/[insert online storage host] uploads  That's a token of good will.
BlackShadow

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »
was wondering if anyone knew how to convert the .OZ2 files from the original games to something useful like .BMP's.

As a Lakers lover as well (so much so that I own real copies of the games.) I have attempted this many times in the past with no luck.  In fact, I tried OZM as well, since its the format for Lakers 1 and 2 and seems to be precursor to OZ2.  I was able to determine the 16 color palette (which is right at the front) but not how the raster data is compressed.

That zip file you got probably came from me - I made it years ago with a DOS based computer and DOS screen capture utility, and converted the graphics one by one by renaming them each tot he tile screen graphic and starting the game, taking a snapshot, then repeating.  It's got all the graphics that are actually displayable as the title screen graphic.

And nevermind Hyperguy.  He's just upset that he doesn't have the time to download the images one by one becuase he's playing MMORPGs all day. (By the way, it only takes one or two galleries to upload to earn enough credits to download just about anything you want, as often as you'd want.)

Graen

• VIPER Initiate
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 01:48:18 am »
Thanks for the reply JG00.  And for the zip files too!  If I find anything else about decoding the files I'll be sure to post it in here.