Author Topic: Petition to create an anime forum  (Read 6308 times)

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
Petition to create an anime forum
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:19:21 pm »
Hey guys, I would love to create a forum where we could post and talk about Gunsmith Cats, Evangelion, and The Castle of Cagliostro.

Would anyone else be interested in posting in said anime forum?

Shall I make it?

Will the Genshiken thread that's in the video games forum be the first thread moved into it since Genshiken is an anime and not a video game?

Give me your opinions.  We'll make stone soup out of your ideas.

P.S. This is partly inspired by how much we love Genshiken.

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
Re: Petition to create an anime forum
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:00:53 pm »
More choices make people happy, so its cool with me.  But where oh where to post things that are both animes and games? I don't think tetsaru can handle that without exploding.

And we don't love Genshiken. Just Ohno.

Kiinan Yamasu

• The Half-Male Half-Female
  • Serious VIPER Fanatic
  • Hundred Burning Punch!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 06:04:37 pm »
YES. YES YES YES. ANIME FORUM. MORE AWESOME FOR THE CONGRESS.

:D
Blazing Phoenix Pawaa, ABARE!

Yuka Takeuchi Fan

• Loseriffic Pervert
  • Engaged VIPER Fan
    • Yuka Takeuchi Fan's Severe Waste of Time

Civility is overrated, don't you think?

tetsaru arigashi

• The Dudeface Master of What-Not
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Gotta love them animu kerjiggletits physics. 8D
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:07:03 am »
More choices make people happy, so its cool with me.  But where oh where to post things that are both animes and games? I don't think tetsaru can handle that without exploding.

things that are both anime AND video games???  which thread to put them in, hmm...

*processes thought...*

*12 hours later...*

.................................*'SPLODE*

ROMate

• Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • The very model of a forum moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 01:39:29 am »
If it started as a game, put it in REVENGE OF THE D-PAD. If it started as an anime, put it in Randomized Anime. Problem solved.

Bravery is better than a faint heart for a man seeking to put his nose out of doors. My fate and the number of my days has already been decided.

Hyperguy

• Retired Admin 2004-2012
  • Forum Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • o/
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 12:21:38 pm »
Lies! Gaurds! Apprehend that man!  He makes too much sense! *whistle sound*

things that are both anime AND video games???  which thread to put them in, hmm...

*processes thought...*

*12 hours later...*

.................................*'SPLODE*
Well, anime tends to get mixed in with a lot of things, so it's a thread about an anime series, like for example the new King of Fighters anime, then it'd go in the anime forum.

If it's about the King of Fighters games, it'd go in Revenge of the D-Pad.

If it's an all inclusive mega post about everything King of Fighters including the anime, games, and stories, etc., then it'd go in Lurker's Haven.

How's that?

http://www.sognadigitalmuseum.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0

CLEAR
Good jorb.

Alright, now we have an anime forum.  I think it may be better off to have it in the same section as Revenge of the D-Pad, since anime and video games go together like fish and ice cream.  What do you all think?

Also, more importantly, should the Viper forum be made into a subforum of the Anime forum?  Viper isn't exactly an anime, but it's pretty darn close.  It's a PC game in an anime style.  It probably could just as easily be put into Revenge of the D-pad based on that criteria, were it inclusive of import PC games.  Then again, Viper seems to be popular enough around to not be subforumed, but organization's sake I wanted to bring it up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 12:25:16 pm by Hyperguy »

JG

• Karin-chan Fan
  • Website Administrator
  • Hardcore VIPER Otaku
  • 3000 posts of rediculousness and counting
    • Favorite Sogna Game:
      ・Gokuraku VIPER Paradice
    • Now Playing:
      ・Dragon Quest Builders, Princess Peach: Showtime!
    • Sogna Digital Museum
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:20:01 pm »
Also, more importantly, should the Viper forum be made into a subforum of the Anime forum?  Viper isn't exactly an anime, but it's pretty darn close.  It's a PC game in an anime style.  It probably could just as easily be put into Revenge of the D-pad based on that criteria, were it inclusive of import PC games.  Then again, Viper seems to be popular enough around to not be subforumed, but organization's sake I wanted to bring it up.

Thou shalt not anger the VIPER gods!

If anything, I'd like to see more specialized boards (some of the fighting forum games and anime titles mentioned in those forums could stand alone, for example.)   It gives distinction to the Congress of Awesome, where most other forums throw things into melting pots where nothing really seems as interesting.

importgamer13

• The Professor Tomoe of the forum
  • Ambassador of VIPER Knowledge
  • Fan-fic writer. Anime/manga fan. Import gamer.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:35 pm »
Lies! Gaurds! Apprehend that man!  He makes too much sense! *whistle sound*
Well, anime tends to get mixed in with a lot of things, so it's a thread about an anime series, like for example the new King of Fighters anime, then it'd go in the anime forum.

If it's about the King of Fighters games, it'd go in Revenge of the D-Pad.

If it's an all inclusive mega post about everything King of Fighters including the anime, games, and stories, etc., then it'd go in Lurker's Haven.

How's that?
Good jorb.

Alright, now we have an anime forum.  I think it may be better off to have it in the same section as Revenge of the D-Pad, since anime and video games go together like fish and ice cream.  What do you all think?

i hear ya...sometimes i discuss stuff i liked from the Sailor Moon and Ranma anime/manga that they put into the video games i have,so yeah,an anime section gets my vote.